Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best CUV/small SUV with very quiet interior with good fit and finish?

budhbudh Posts: 109
edited April 6 in Ford

I'm comparing several small SUVs and CUVs and planning on purchasing a 2015 model this fall. The only USA manufacturer under consideration is Ford (Escape and possibly a small chance of the Explorer) due to father-in-law being a 30+ year Ford employee and Ford X-plan pricing would take several thousand dollars off the price. But if a foreign make catches my eye, it can beat out the Escape.

Important items to me: fit and finish, quiet and comfortable, low road noise and very limited "rattles", classy functional interior, a reasonable number of modern features, especially backup sensors and camera. (If you've seen the bumper on my 2002 Highlander, you'd know why.), driver legroom and especially headroom important due to being 6'3" with long torso.

Items not that important to me: Navigation/audio system, gas mileage (as long as its reasonable - a few mpg difference not that important), "performance" (as long as it's not overly sluggish), off road capability (don't go off roading at all, so low road noise is a big plus); don't need 3rd row and 2nd row dimensions of limited importance to me.

Here are some CUVs/small SUVs I'm considering:

Ford Escape Mazda CX-5 Hyundai Sante Fe Sport (small version of regular Santa Fe) Honda CR-V Toyota RAV-4 Nissan Rogue Ford Edge

Answers

• steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,171
    edited April 6

It's really hard to go wrong with any of your choices. The Escape is getting good reviews and while you should compare prices with TMV, it's hard to beat the X-Plan deals. And hopefully the 2015 model will have an improved My Touch interface; that's about the only significant "con" with the Escapes. Since you don't much care about NAV, you may not like the My Touch, so that could be the deal killer for you.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.