Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Porsche Macan Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,319
    tom911 said:

Dealer screwed up numbers. Cap cost should have been 82775.

Monthly is now $200 less - lol

Do you still have any questions?

We don't yet have the Porsche numbers for January, but I suspect that the .00200 MF is still in play; it's been that way for a year now.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    tom911tom911 Member Posts: 63
    edited January 2015
    Thanks I'm good but here are the actual numbers in case others are interested.

Actual MSRP - 82775
    MRM - 80600
    --------------------------------
    MSRP 80600 (MRM is used for calculation)
    Initial Cap Cost 82775
    Residual 59% - 47554
    ttl Initial Fees 1112.75
    Adjusted Cap cost 82,783.75
    DMV - 648
    Term 36 month
    MF 0.0020
    Ttl Sales tax 3883.62 (9%)
    Base Monthly 1239.62
    Monthly 1344.62

Amt due at Start $3196.75
  • Options
    tom911 said:

Actual MSRP - 82775
    MRM - 80600
    Initial Cap Cost 82775
    Residual 59% - 47554
    ttl Initial Fees 1112.75
    DMV - 648
    Term 36 month
    MF 0.0020
    Base Monthly 1239.62
    Monthly 1344.62

Congratulations! Enjoy your new Porsche.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    Michaell said:

tom911 said:

Actual MSRP - 82775
    MRM - 80600
    Initial Cap Cost 82775
    Residual 59% - 47554
    ttl Initial Fees 1112.75
    DMV - 648
    Term 36 month
    MF 0.0020
    Base Monthly 1239.62
    Monthly 1344.62

Congratulations! Enjoy your new Porsche.
    Haven't closed a deal yet. It seems a long term loan (72% @ 2%) comes out almost the same monthly as the lease. Still deciding which I'll go with.

Thanks for all your support and info in these forums.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,242
    @tom911‌

I'm a big fan of leasing, but at these prices, I'd probably buy it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    mdkrpmdkrp Member Posts: 24
    hello kyfdx and all-
    time to get another lease. what are current MF and residuals for Macan S?
    10k and 12k miles for 24 and 36 mos.
    Also any incentives avail such as loyalty or conquest?
    Is anyone getting better than MSRP?
    thanks for any info.
  • Options
    mdkrp said:
    hello kyfdx and all- time to get another lease. what are current MF and residuals for Macan S? 10k and 12k miles for 24 and 36 mos. Also any incentives avail such as loyalty or conquest? Is anyone getting better than MSRP? thanks for any info.
    No official numbers from Porsche for January. MF is probably around .00200

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    mdkrpmdkrp Member Posts: 24
    ok; should I assume 61% residual for 10k miles/year for 36 mos lease?
  • Options
    mdkrp said:

ok; should I assume 61% residual for 10k miles/year for 36 mos lease?

We don't have the numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I recently received lease quotes from my dealer. All numbers (MF and residuals) look identical to last Q.
  • Options
    Can you buy out a lease for the residual value at any time during the lease? A Macan Turbo has a 70% residual after year one. If you are in a three year lease and ask for the residual/buyout after 12 months will it in fact be 70% of the MRM??
  • Options
    tom911 said:
    Can you buy out a lease for the residual value at any time during the lease? A Macan Turbo has a 70% residual after year one. If you are in a three year lease and ask for the residual/buyout after 12 months will it in fact be 70% of the MRM??
    It does not work like that. At any point during the lease, the buyout is the residual value at the lease end plus the total of the remaining payments to be made

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Last years Numbers - I think they are the same for first Q 2015
  • Options
    Michaell said:

tom911 said:

It does not work like that. At any point during the lease, the buyout is the residual value at the lease end plus the total of the remaining payments to be made

Thank you - seemed to good to be true.
  • Options
    rudrivingrudriving Member Posts: 8
    tom911...I saw recently a URL you provided that helped explain leasing terms (MF, Residual, Cap, etc.) and how to apply them. However, I can't seem to find that URL - can you please provide again? Thanks in advance!
  • Options
  • Options
    Bingo! Thank you tom911!!!! I'm new to this thread and "relatively" new to leasing - I lease a vehicle now. I've read enough of these threads and your comments to know that putting money down on a lease is frowned upon - spend the money on reducing the MF. However, where do you and others sit on applying equity on an existing lease towards a new lease? Thanks again!
  • Options
    rudriving said:

Bingo! Thank you tom911!!!! I'm new to this thread and "relatively" new to leasing - I lease a vehicle now. I've read enough of these threads and your comments to know that putting money down on a lease is frowned upon - spend the money on reducing the MF. However, where do you and others sit on applying equity on an existing lease towards a new lease? Thanks again!

Equity = cash..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx...perhaps my "rookie" status is showing through but let me clarify something and let's see if you still have the same answer. I started preliminary discussions - nothing too serious yet - with a dealer and they said "maybe we could see how much equity you have in your current lease and apply that to your new lease". I interpreted that to mean that there's another calculation to be had somewhere in there where "trading in" my current lease would provide some extra skin in the game. Could you clarify for me what the dealer was really saying?
  • Options
    rudriving said:

kyfdx...perhaps my "rookie" status is showing through but let me clarify something and let's see if you still have the same answer. I started preliminary discussions - nothing too serious yet - with a dealer and they said "maybe we could see how much equity you have in your current lease and apply that to your new lease". I interpreted that to mean that there's another calculation to be had somewhere in there where "trading in" my current lease would provide some extra skin in the game. Could you clarify for me what the dealer was really saying?

The payoff for your lease may be less than the wholesale value of the car... so, instead of just turning back into the bank, they could take the car in trade, and credit you the difference.

Don't get excited... it rarely works out that way.. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks for the buzz kill kyfdx...lol...but I had to ask. All kidding aside, thank you for all of your assistance - much appreciated!
  • Options
    I started my leasing journey today and stopped at two dealerships - one Porsche (Macan) and one Audi (SQ5). I'll post my deal for the Audi on the Audi board and seek assessment as well. In the meantime, I'd like an opinion on the Porsche deal that was provided. It's possible I'm missing a value or two here and if so, please point it out and I'll go get it. Here we go:

Ohio
    Macan S - black exterior/black/red interior
    Base MSRP = $49,900.00
    Options = $4705
    Destination, acquisition fees, sales tax, etc. = $4500.....TOTAL = $59, 105.00 (MSRP - no discount!)

Term = 39 mos, 12k miles per year
    $3000 down...Pmt/month = $880.00
    Residual = 58%

Thoughts?
  • Options
    rudriving said:

I started my leasing journey today and stopped at two dealerships - one Porsche (Macan) and one Audi (SQ5). I'll post my deal for the Audi on the Audi board and seek assessment as well. In the meantime, I'd like an opinion on the Porsche deal that was provided. It's possible I'm missing a value or two here and if so, please point it out and I'll go get it. Here we go:

Ohio
    Base MSRP = $49,900.00
    Options = $4705
    Destination, acquisition fees, sales tax, etc. = $4500.....TOTAL = $59, 105.00 (MSRP - no discount!)

Residual = 58%

Thoughts?

We don't have any Porsche numbers this quarter to compare against, but we don't recommend making any sort of down payment on a lease. If the car is stolen or totaled, you lose that money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    rudriving said:

Ohio
    Base MSRP = $49,900.00
    Options = $4705

Residual = 58%

Thoughts?

I'd buy the car before I'd pay almost $900 to lease it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    dwong9905dwong9905 Member Posts: 2
    Thoughts on this lease?

2015 Macan S - Sapphire Blue / Agate Grey interior
    39 month, 10K miles/yr, $1059 per month (taxes and fees separate)
    Money factor is .00230, residual $37,229
    MRM is $63,100, MSRP is $68,535 with 995 destination charge
    cash up front: $5888.85

Appreciate your help!
  • Options
    dwong9905 said:

Thoughts on this lease?

2015 Macan S - Sapphire Blue / Agate Grey interior
    39 month, 10K miles/yr, $1059 per month (taxes and fees separate)
    Money factor is .00230, residual $37,229
    MRM is $63,100, MSRP is $68,535 with 995 destination charge
    cash up front: $5888.85

Appreciate your help!

Hard to say; we don't have any Porsche numbers for Q1.

For $60K, you might have been better off buying rather than leasing if your payment is over $1K per month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    bigthumbbigthumb Member Posts: 4
    I am getting a Macan S this week. The problem is should I lease or buy? I realize that the lease may cost more money, however, what would by the market for a three year old, $40,000 or so, used Macan with the higher used interest costs vs. just walking away from the car? The three year lease cost and the five year buy rate are the same, around $1000 a month.
  • Options
    bigthumb said:

I am getting a Macan S this week. The problem is should I lease or buy? I realize that the lease may cost more money, however, what would by the market for a three year old, $40,000 or so, used Macan with the higher used interest costs vs. just walking away from the car? The three year lease cost and the five year buy rate are the same, around $1000 a month.

I guess the question is - how long do you plan to keep the car?

If you lease, at the end of three years, you turn it in and walk away.

If you buy, at the end of three years, you may have some equity in the car.

If you plan to keep it longer than 3 years, then buy outright. Don't lease then buy it at the end of the lease term.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    bigthumbbigthumb Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, I am going to follow your advise and lease for three years and walk away or sell if the residual is in my favor.
  • Options
    jackdanjackdan Member Posts: 15
    I was thinking about going the Macan S route, but not after seeing these numbers. I almost pulled the trigger on a 69k MSRP 5 series that was being sold at 60k and the lease was 589 a month. That's with just fee's out of pocket. Why the heck do these lease so poorly?
  • Options
    jackdan said:
    I was thinking about going the Macan S route, but not after seeing these numbers. I almost pulled the trigger on a 69k MSRP 5 series that was being sold at 60k and the lease was 589 a month. That's with just fee's out of pocket. Why the heck do these lease so poorly?
    Probably because folks looking at these aren't ptice sensitive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    jackdan said:

Because they can sell everyone they make at MSRP.

No point in adding lease incentives that aren't needed to sell the vehicle.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    polosonpoloson Member Posts: 4
    Hi guys,

Looking at a 2016 Macan S. Any chance you guys have the August residual value and money factor for 36 months, 15K miles?

Thanks!
  • Options
    poloson said:

Hi guys,

Looking at a 2016 Macan S. Any chance you guys have the August residual value and money factor for 36 months, 15K miles?

Thanks!

Sorry, we haven't seen Porsche lease numbers for a while.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    polosonpoloson Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the quick reply. Is that because Porsche just doesn't want to disclose that particular information? Sounds like I'll just have to "trust" my dealer is giving legit numbers....sigh...
  • Options
    poloson said:

Thanks for the quick reply. Is that because Porsche just doesn't want to disclose that particular information? Sounds like I'll just have to "trust" my dealer is giving legit numbers....sigh...

The only number I can guess at is the MF ... for Porsche, the "standard" MF is .00200.

Not sure why we haven't seen the Porsche numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    4sallypat4sallypat Member Posts: 49
    Just checked with a local dealer in Southern California - MF = 0.00220 for a 2016 Macan S. Same residuals as 2015.... Only $500 discount from MSRP. Geez - makes me love my BMW even more.....
  • Options
    4sallypat said:

Just checked with a local dealer in Southern California - MF = 0.00220 for a 2016 Macan S. Same residuals as 2015.... Only $500 discount from MSRP. Geez - makes me love my BMW even more.....

Yeah... looks like the Macan is the most popular vehicle out there.. Not a good candidate for a reasonable lease payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    4sallypat4sallypat Member Posts: 49
    kyfdx said:

4sallypat said:

Yeah... looks like the Macan is the most popular vehicle out there.. Not a good candidate for a reasonable lease payment.
    Yes, found out after being the "lease mind" but now I am convinced that a Macan should be purchased.

Financing @ 1.99% is still $850 a month on a $65K car.

Does anyone know if there is a balloon financing available where you owe a balloon payment at the end and you can sell it then to pay it off ???
  • Options
    4sallypat said:

kyfdx said:

4sallypat said:

Yes, found out after being the "lease mind" but now I am convinced that a Macan should be purchased.

Does anyone know if there is a balloon financing available where you owe a balloon payment at the end and you can sell it then to pay it off ???
    Not aware of any type of program from Porsche like that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    4sallypat said:

kyfdx said:

4sallypat said:

$850/mo. seems pretty cheap to finance a $65K car. How much are you financing and for how many months?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    tedcars476tedcars476 Member Posts: 102
    Hello,

Do you have the MF and residual for a 2016 Macan S 10k, 12k, and 15k all 36 months?

I have also read that there is a cap on the MSRP that the residual applies to, i.e. If you option a Macan up to $100,000 the residual only applies to $70,000 of that, do you know what the number would be the the 2016 Macan?

Thanks!
  • Options

Hello,

Do you have the MF and residual for a 2016 Macan S 10k, 12k, and 15k all 36 months?

I have also read that there is a cap on the MSRP that the residual applies to, i.e. If you option a Macan up to $100,000 the residual only applies to $70,000 of that, do you know what the number would be the the 2016 Macan?

Thanks!

We haven't seen any Porsche numbers for a year, unfortunately.

Yes, Porsche (and other luxury makes) have a concept known as MRM (maximum residualized MSRP), which establishes a cap to the MSRP that is subject to the residual.

While I don't have the exact numbers, I can give you an example - if the MRM for the Macan S is $70K, but you option it up to $100K, you are responsible for the extra $30K in full as part of the lease term. Over a 36 month lease, that would add an extra $833/mo to the regular lease payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    mil6753mil6753 Member Posts: 71
    Looking for current lease rates, residual on 36month 12k and 36month 10k leases for the Macan S.
  • Options
    mil6753 said:

Looking for current lease rates, residual on 36month 12k and 36month 10k leases for the Macan S.

Sorry.. we don't have access to Porsche rates.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    dynasty88dynasty88 Member Posts: 27
    Hey guys, attached I've included the offer from my local dealership. 2016 Macan S with a few options. Any thoughts on the information provided above? Originally, before I called them out on their inflation, I was quoted $870 with $7500 due at signing. Only reason I've offered to put 2600 down was to offset the negative equity on my current vehicle. Hope to hear back soon. Thanks! (Adding this here too for those looking)
  • Options
    @dynasty88 - answered in the other thread you posted in.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    lookingftlookingft Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

Any numbers yet for the following?

macan s, 36 months, 5k miles/ year

residual and mf?
  • Options
    lookingft said:

Hi,

Any numbers yet for the following?

macan s, 36 months, 5k miles/ year

residual and mf?

Unfortunately, it's been almost 18 months since we've seen any Porsche lease numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    garylamgarylam Member Posts: 10
    Dec-1-2016
    Dealer gave me these number for 2017 base Macan.
    10k per yr
    39 mths
    60% residual
    0.0014 MF