Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Racing Development (TRD) aftermarket parts and equipment

2»

Comments

• dodgedodge Posts: 25
    Yeah I go the money,

so can you tell me somthing that would do it?

Or can you tell me a different SUV that can be modded? The reson for getting the highlander so fast is because I want to own a sleeper, that no one expects to be fast. ;) :shades:
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,718
    Well this particular type of mod is outside my knowledge. You know what I'd do? I'd have a nice long consultation with a respected speed shop in your area. If you lived in the San Fran Bay Area I could direct you. But otherwise, this type of work needs to be carefully planned out and budgeted.

I'd imagine you definitely would have to turbo the car, and being a V-6 that's probably twin turbos. I really don't know if anyone's done that--I'm sure some gearhead has, and I'm sure some really motivated speed shop would help you take it on. Now if you want to be world's deadliest SUV stoplight jockey maybe a supercharger would work better for fitment, as turbo plumbing does tend to get complex. But I think a turbo would still be cheaper by a bit.

My thinking is that you need a LOT more HP and this can't be done with that engine and normal aspiration.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• I want to know if anyone can help me making my 05 tundra faster. 1) does cold air ram intakes really work such as volant???? 2) Should I get an upgraded chip and say forget the factory warranty??? 3) Are throddle body spacers crap??? 4) And why can't I find a supercharger for my 05.. everyone tells my that the 04 s.c. will work on my truck....................HELPPPPPPPP!!!! :cry:
  • hey guys i am really seruoisly about this i am 21 years old and i really would love to upgrade my engine to higher powers with SC or turbo kit or somthing TRD should really do something about this if they really made this car for youth and not just old ppl :P

cheers
  • I have an almost new snugtop lid for a Tundra access cab I've been storing. Since I'm not getting another truck I want to get rid of it. Any ideas how to sell it on the web or other? I'm in LA/OC area.
    sounds like a job for eBay!

• I am glad I traded in my '99 4Runner with TRD SC, as I had replaced the 2nd generation of SC (hitting against underneath the hood) with 3rd or 4th generation SC and still the clicking noise would not go away even with iridium spark plugs... oh boy nooooo more of it!!!
    (needless to say I had to change rotors every 3000-5000 miles... yep).
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,643
    Try http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ - it's free.

Steve, Host

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• I have seen a 98 Avalon with a current generation SC retrofitted. I have a 97 Avalon and am looking for large HP gains. Does anyone know about this or how to accomplish it? TRD makes no parts for my car (air filter and brake pads don't count) and all of the Toyota employeesI have spoken with agree with me on the fact that this was supposed to be a pure Lexus style car, with only average performance.
  • msgtrmsgtr Posts: 1
    TRD has been dragging their feet and sitting on their thumbs when it comes to the re-release of the Tundra V8 Supercharger. There are hundreds of these kits just sitting on the shelf waiting for a new ECU!
    I wonder if they are going to be liberated before everyone's truck has gone beyond 100,000 miles or to the wrecking yard...?
    Personnaly, I got tired of waiting and finally found my own on e-bay (brand new and in the sealed packages).
    Broken rods? I'm not racing it, I'm towing my RV with it.
    Well towing is hard work for an engine but I can't see broken rods from doing it. Rod damage is usually a high rpm type of problem or oil starvation problem. As long as your engine doesn't ping under load (good cool air charge) and you have a trans cooler (for the automatic), you're probably good to go.

• 383ply383ply Posts: 1
    I just ordered a neww tundra 06.wondering if you got any answers about grtting a supercharger? thanks
    Well I wonder if this supercharger ever came to the dealers or not?

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/autoshows/sema2001/toyota/sctundra.html

• Possibly, go the sos performance website, they are apparently partnering with Toyota and have developed two superchargers, one with and without inner cooling.
  • cfowlercfowler Posts: 1
    Hi! I have a sticky situation. I just bought a TRD supercharger kit for an '03 Tundra and I own a 2005 Tundra Limited. I realize changes have been made and the ECU will not work. However, do you think that it may be useable one day with my 2005 with an updated ECU? Is the rest of the kit physically compatible? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • twerptwerp Posts: 1
    anyone out there, if they could tell me before i purchase, or change my mind about purchasing this item, tell me if it is compatable with the 02 celica gt.

thanks
2»
This discussion has been closed.