Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac Bonneville Owners: Meet the Members

Comments

• ezraponezrapon Posts: 348
    Yes, I remember the turkey day game. Red and white vs. orange and black... remember the initials W.E.S. I spent a lot of time down on Pestalozzi street myself in my younger days. I teach English so I chose Ezrapound the insane poet as a screen name.
  • theicemantheiceman Posts: 736
    I certainly got the reference in your moniker - even if mine has a more Eugene O'Neill feeling to it.

theiceman (cometh)
  • smfransmfran Posts: 432
    I apologize for calling you a "he". You know what they say about when you assume:-)
    Thanks again for making the Edmunds experience even better!
    Stephen - An equal opportunity member
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    TRISH?!? I might rather be called a "he" for heaven's sake!!

Uh, on second though, mebbe not...

:-)

(You probably also know what they say about what to do when you find yourself in a hole? Kwitcher digging!)
    I knew you'd get a kick out of my reply. Names can be quite personal and specific. For example, as a general rule I prefer to be called Stephen. However, there are certain people that always call me Steve and others that call me Stevie. If they were to call me Stephen it would not sound right.
    Am I coming out of the hole yet?
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    No Steverino, I'd say yer still diggin'!
    I surrender! :)
  • tpkentpken Posts: 1,108
    Mark - congrats on the retirement - I'm glad for you. going to have lots more time to drive the Bonneville now! If I were you I would be planning a cross country trip in that great cruiser and see how many states and provinces I could view from Bonneville windows. I'll be looking for you to get back to "Vacationland - The way life ought to be" pretty soon here!

BTW - I look forward to sipping my Gordon's Gin and Tonic with lime on the screen porch of my camp every evening for July - August. Jazz in the background, an extra twist in the glass, watching the sun set on the calm water - now that's my idea of relaxation. You're welcome to join me there any time. (Other Bonniephiles also welcome too)!

Ken
  • fantascpfantascp Posts: 175
    Hi fellow Bonneville owners- my name is Chuck- I reside with my wife in Ogdensburg-(Sussex County)
    New Jersey-
    This is our second BONNY- had a 1985 that my daughter eventually used and really piled on miles- had well over 200,000 when she finally packed it in!
    We got our Bonneville in March of 2000- my wife uses the car Mon to Fri- (hurry up- Sat& Sunday!
    We both love the car- outside of a isolated problem with brake pads that got resolved- the car has performed great-
    THANKS FOR THE CLUB FORMAT PAT!!

CHUCK
  • jakec1jakec1 Posts: 10
    Wow..... it sounds like we are all bonified car nuts!! I have have had seven Corvettes through the years and have mostly had Pontiacs for the daily driver. I had a new 65 GTO tri-power convertible, my first Pontiac...Now it would be worth $30,000+!! All but one of my other Pontiacs were Grand Prix, .. but I fell for the styling of the new Bonneville.
    How do you check the rear window rattle? that is really my only complaint other than the radio and headrests.
    I will probably order the Carbon Fiber Dash kit this spring. I'll let you all know how it looks.

Later,
    Jake
  • pipes3kpipes3k Posts: 5
    Hi I've posted before but mostly I like to just read about the mods. I have a white 1998 SLE.
    Later

Pipes
    Good to see you here. Tell us a bit more about your 98 SLE. And what part of the country do you live in?

Ken
  • jakec1jakec1 Posts: 10
    A hail storm hit Omaha Ne. Tuesday 4/10/01 and my 2000 BLACK Bonneville was hit with hundreds of golfball sized stones. The ground was covered with hail and piled up on the west side of buildings 5" thick.
    My wife has driving and quickly parked under some pine trees but it was too late. The damage covers all the top panels, fenders etc. I'm sick right now,...It also got my Grand Prix STE and my Custom ElCamino.Plus my home was hit on the west side. I had to vent...Thanks for "listening"
    Jake
    Jake - what a crying shame! Bad enough to have one vehicle hit - but all three? And the house too! Can you imagine what your new car lots must look like? You ought to get some shots of this and post them.

So sorry to hear it - best wishes on the insurance dealings sure to follow.

Ken
  • mfahey1mfahey1 Posts: 419
    Jake, sorry to hear about the hail damage. The same thing happened in St. Louis some years ago and the many of the people who took the insurance money and ran wound up with the sun taking out most of the dents over the course of the summer. That would at least minimize the amount of filler needed for repairs. I also have recently seen that Dentbusters who advertise that they remove dents without damaging the paint, also do hail damage work. Perhaps there is a franchise out there.
    I've been incommunicado in the garage for the last few days(got roped into repairing the body damage on my son's in-laws van after he borrowed it and repainted the whole thing for good measure) and haven't had a chance to get back and insult Rod about where he grew up. We grew up in adjacent St. Louis suburbs that had quite a rivalry. Hopefully for his sake, his youth was spent in a later decade than mine. Ah, remember it well, the Statesmen versus the Pioneers in the annual Turkey Day football game. I remember that about as well as trying to explain to my parents why there always seemed to be something wrong with the car when I used it. Try explaining bad U-joints to your parents and how it must have been a random occurence. About like trying to explain to my wife that I just have to have new stabilizer bars. I had to finesse that one a little bit and tell her that the car would handle better even though it handles quite well from the factory. She bought it so if I ever get them from Saner, I'll be home free.
  • bdreggorsbdreggors Posts: 143
    Sorry to hear about that, Jake. Hope insurance covers it all and your Bonnie is good as new soon. Hey, you could always rent an SE! :-)

I remember a few years back, I rented a Cutlass Ciera while staying in Atlanta. I woke up in my motel to the sound of hailstones pelting everything in sight, including the Cutlass! Front and rear windshields heavily damaged and the car was 'externally totaled'...a phrase I never heard before! Luckily (for me, not the rental agency), Avis' lot was decimated by even WORSE damage and I didn't get charged and in fact got a DeVille for a rental!
    As Dorothy would say, "I guess you're not in Kansas anymore."
    Good luck with the repairs.
  • theicemantheiceman Posts: 736
    Like the others, I hope your insurance company takes care of you properly. And as bad as it gets, it can always get woise....

I don't know if there was much coverage down in the States of our "ice storm" up here in January '98 - freezing rain for 5 straight days, millions without power - some for over a month. I personally lost 200 trees in our yard alone (I have a big piece of land - by urban standards) and needed to upgrade my chainsaw just to get out of the driveway (major Stihl power!). Fortunately, I had the foresight to bring our cars into the garage at first warning. Not all of my neighbours did likewise I'm afraid. One colleague had his family's entire "fleet" wiped out including his brand new Toyota 4runner. Ouch

Hail damage can be repaired but falling tree damage is quite another thing. My condolences all the same - I hope it works out for you.

Dan
  • ezraponezrapon Posts: 348
    tornados and hail hit here last night. The dent wizzard is working around the clock. Lots of dealerships lost their entire inventory. All glass broken out. Real shame. I was lucky to be locked up in the garage. Had to replace my son's alternator (4th time) on his 92 Park Ave. I have it down to under 10 minutes... auto zone took care of it under warranty. Mafahey: I remember times when you wore a red and white jacket on Lockwood, you got beat up everytime... I miss the old days.
  • ricks2ricks2 Posts: 17
    Greetings from North Carolina! My '94 SSE is about to hit 100K in the next month. I love the car. My only complaint is the lack of a power window lock. (The kids have too much fun rolling the windows up and down and up and down....)
    Welcome, Rick to the forum and to Bonneville ownership! I read your last post back in Feb and saw that you were thinking of buying at that time so it looks like you've taken the plunge. Congrats and best wishes for many years and miles of Bonneville enjoyment.

Where do you live and what color and equipment do you have on your 94 SSE?

Please participate here now whenever you can - we all welcome you and look forward to hearing about your experiences.

Ken
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,026
    Some of you will notice that your messages from yesterday no longer exist. There was a major hiccup in the system last evening. Edmunds.com apologizes sincerely for the difficulties this situation poses. Please rest assured that every effort is being expended to rectify this matter as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• h101h101 Posts: 62
    Ah Ha..... I'm not senile after all!!!!
  • h101h101 Posts: 62
    I'm still not sure about the bumper... so any of you who answered my question about the word Bonneville being (or not being) on left side of SSEi bumpers... would you please repost or send me an EMail with the answer.

Bill, Madison, WI
  • mfahey1mfahey1 Posts: 419
    I just checked my 2000 SSEi and it only has "Pontiac" on the right of the bumber.
    Got to take a 200 mile trip yesterday on all two lane roads which was a lot of fun even if they were the typical Illinois/Indiana laser level flatlands. With my wife's back trouble, she wanted the heated seats to keep her back loose. Got just a shade under the highway rating of 27 mpg but that was with 30-40 mph winds. I do miss the economy of the 96 SE but also appreciate that noticable difference in power. It puzzles me a bit that the two engines are rated so differently in fuel economy in that the supercharger supposedly doesn't draw any appreciable power when the bypass valve is open.
  • mnicemnice Posts: 9
    WE live in Minnesota, the bonnie is my wifes daily driver, has 82,000 trouble free miles. When we bought this we set the standards for any future car very high. Wouldn't hesitate to buy another one, however, we both like this body style a little better than the new ones. No offense intended to anyone.
    Jeff - Welcome to the mclub!

It's good to see these cars get some good miles racked up - shows they are being driven and that means enjoyed!

I have the 2000 SE ( no offense taken at all) and agree that the 98 is definitely a good looker too!

Enjoy your mbonneville!

Ken
  • boosted1boosted1 Posts: 90
    My 2001 rear bumper has the word bonneville on the left side. My car was built in October or November of 2000. My car does have the "older" style center caps on the chrome wheels. They have the carbon fiber type look., and the 2001 model is all chrome. Just thought I would throw that in.

I picked up a flip out style cup holder from an older Bonneville today. I will have to fabricate some brackets, but I am determined to get a better cup holder into this car. My goal is to end up with a "factory" look. No cutting and hacking allowed.

Happy Easter to all.
    My 2000 SSEi built in 3/00 has only the word Pontiac on the right side rear bumper. No "Bonneville" on the left.