Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac Bonneville Owners: Meet the Members

Comments

• boosted1boosted1 Posts: 90
    Hello everyone, my name is Rich (boosted1). My wife and I have recently purchased a 2001 SSEi, Dark Bronzemist, Sunroof, Chrome Wheels and heated seats. We are up to 275 miles so far on the odometer, what an awesome car. I will post a pic soon.

Our other vehicles:(we are certifiable car nuts)

1995 Volvo 850 Turbo
    1989 Toyota Supra Turbo
    1987 Buick Grand National
    1969 Cougar XR7 Convert. (hasn't moved in two years) :(

From the list shown above you can see why my user name is "boosted1"
  • ezraponezrapon Posts: 348
    Got my original 79 T/A stored away too. Does your RS have the split grill and spoiler like the Z/28? What engine and wheels? Oh yeah, we are supposed to be talking about bonnevilles. Rattle in the back of my SSEi was the rear glass... 5 visits.... finally had the service manager drive it home till they narrowed it down. Jashou, most garage mechanics don't have the right puller to do the pulley change without ruining the factory one. The pulley sure makes it alot more fun to drive.
  • h101h101 Posts: 62
    Bill here.

I saw a black 2000 Bonneville in Chicago in December, 1999. Went home and ordered one just like it :) It joined our family in January, 2000 and has been flawless, nary a squeak or a rattle... back to the dealer only to have its Mobile One and filter changed.

My tag, H101, is my boat's racing number. She is an EScow (28' sloop) and her name is "Wildthing". We race three times a week all summer long. She is my true love. (Carolyn, my wife of 36 years better not read this board).

This is my second Bonneville, both black... some of you have seen the photo of the other one, a 1962 convertible, bought it new when I was in the army... hmmm... old aren't I.

Other car is a '98 Vette, black also... I said I was old, not dead! :)
  • mfahey1mfahey1 Posts: 419
    The Rally Sport, which is what I have, has the split front bumper and a urethane nose. 18 years ago I told my wife I was going to take the car out of service for a month while I overhauled the engine since it was showing all the signs of the typical Chevrolet camshaft blues. Well, one thing led to another and here I am still working on it. It's a 350 4-speed, 2 barrel. Since we were just out of college, broke, and air conditioning still wasn't all that common, we did without to our everlasting regret. Put the rear end back in yesterday and reattached the subframe. It's getting there. Retirement definitely has its advantages.
    Bill, we raced a Lightning for a long time until the kids came along and it got to be too much. Have a Sunfish now in Maine (whoopee).
    To make myself feel bad after posting about test driving the 69 Trans-Am, I looked in Hemmings last night and for a mere $225,000 you too can have 1 of 8 69 of the Trans-Am convertibles made.
  • refinerrefiner Posts: 59
    My names Matt. I'm from Canton,OH.
    Home of the Pro Football Hall of
    Fame. I know who cares. Its about the only thing here. My username is real original I work in a oil refinery. Too bad they don't give use a discount. This is my second SSEi I traded in a 97 for this one. What a difference. I've made a few mods with more to come. Been waiting 3 months for some things from Ram Air Tech.
    350 with a 2v 4-speed... that's weird? If I was not into matching numbers I'd drop one of those new aluminum LS1 350's in. Without the silly emissions, that would be the fastest R/S in your state... If my T/A was not mint thats what I'd do. I've thought about buying a roached out 60's-70's camaro or firebird and doing just that. Kid down the street had a really nice 81 T/A -black with gold stripes... had a factory 4 speed and chevy 305... it was begging for a LS1 transplant, but he totaled it before we came to terms.
    If my admittedly faulty memory serves me, the SS model which was a 350 4 barrel, 300 hp, cost an extra $300 which was nearly 10% of the price of the car and also took premium gas. Remember, I said we were broke and just out of school. I still have the original invoice that shows the car only cost us, are you ready for this, $3550. Since the block hass only two bolt mains, I figured the best course was to keep it all stock.
    Out of curiosity, where are you in St. Louis? I grew up in Webster Groves and my wife and I lived in Des Peres after college when I worked for Anheuser-Busch.
    bet you wished you'd had that extra 300 and got the nasty engine...360 HP wasn't it? I lived in Kirkwood as a kid and moved to Ballwin when I got married. I still have the sticker for my 79 T/A anniversary model... it was the ist F body to break 10 grand. Seems cheap today. You probably drove the 69 T/A at Carson or Vincel?
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Ahem. "Pat" happens to be a "she" :-)

(don't worry about it, that happens often!)

Your comments are helpful to me. I'll be sure to make that clear next time I go fishing for Owners Club interest again. Thanks.

Glad to see you folks are happy. Someone earlier was asking about a place where useful links could be accessed easily. Talk to Karen about it - there are ways of handling it that I wasn't aware of when we talked about it.

Have fun!

Pat
    Host
    Sedans and Women's Auto Center Message Boards
    Well, it's been nice conversing with you but as someone who grew up in arch-rival Kirkwood, I'm not sure we can continue. Just kidding, of course. Actually, we were living in Davenport,Iowa when we looked at the car. Still remember cruising down the main drag in it.
    I've been amazed at the creativity of everyone's screen name and here I am with a boring name like mfahey1. So, from here on in, if I can figure out how to change my profile and in recognition of the years that I worked in breweries and distilleries making Budweiser and Gordon's Gin/Vodka, I now will be going by the nom de guerre of "gin man"( better than "booze boy").
    Yes, I remember the turkey day game. Red and white vs. orange and black... remember the initials W.E.S. I spent a lot of time down on Pestalozzi street myself in my younger days. I teach English so I chose Ezrapound the insane poet as a screen name.
  • theicemantheiceman Posts: 736
    I certainly got the reference in your moniker - even if mine has a more Eugene O'Neill feeling to it.

theiceman (cometh)
  • smfransmfran Posts: 432
    I apologize for calling you a "he". You know what they say about when you assume:-)
    Thanks again for making the Edmunds experience even better!
    Stephen - An equal opportunity member
    TRISH?!? I might rather be called a "he" for heaven's sake!!

Uh, on second though, mebbe not...

:-)

(You probably also know what they say about what to do when you find yourself in a hole? Kwitcher digging!)
    I knew you'd get a kick out of my reply. Names can be quite personal and specific. For example, as a general rule I prefer to be called Stephen. However, there are certain people that always call me Steve and others that call me Stevie. If they were to call me Stephen it would not sound right.
    Am I coming out of the hole yet?
    No Steverino, I'd say yer still diggin'!
    I surrender! :)
  • tpkentpken Posts: 1,108
    Mark - congrats on the retirement - I'm glad for you. going to have lots more time to drive the Bonneville now! If I were you I would be planning a cross country trip in that great cruiser and see how many states and provinces I could view from Bonneville windows. I'll be looking for you to get back to "Vacationland - The way life ought to be" pretty soon here!

BTW - I look forward to sipping my Gordon's Gin and Tonic with lime on the screen porch of my camp every evening for July - August. Jazz in the background, an extra twist in the glass, watching the sun set on the calm water - now that's my idea of relaxation. You're welcome to join me there any time. (Other Bonniephiles also welcome too)!

Ken
  • fantascpfantascp Posts: 175
    Hi fellow Bonneville owners- my name is Chuck- I reside with my wife in Ogdensburg-(Sussex County)
    New Jersey-
    This is our second BONNY- had a 1985 that my daughter eventually used and really piled on miles- had well over 200,000 when she finally packed it in!
    We got our Bonneville in March of 2000- my wife uses the car Mon to Fri- (hurry up- Sat& Sunday!
    We both love the car- outside of a isolated problem with brake pads that got resolved- the car has performed great-
    THANKS FOR THE CLUB FORMAT PAT!!

CHUCK