Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac Bonneville Owners: Meet the Members

Comments

• homer2000sseihomer2000ssei Posts: 159
    I've just tried building a web page - bonnevillecars.com - that is just a tad too tricky for me - I did get one pic loaded, and now cant work the system to get more.
    I knew not watching my daughter play with the computer was gonna come back and haunt me. 12 year old can build web sites, and I cant. Oh, I just consoled myself with the fact that she is ONLY a passenger in the car - and I drive it haha.

So, off I go to Yahoo when i get 10 minutes to kill - and if i do it soon and have success - ill report back.
  • homer2000sseihomer2000ssei Posts: 159
    yea, I do keep going back and forth on the "supercharged" badge for the back - one more thing for water to get caught up on/in that stupid design.

anyone else tired of having to do a complex series of shakes, lifts twists and turns to get all the water out of the light facia and trim at the trunk after washing it. I have it down to a science now - but it really bugs me to think they didnt do a better job there.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,027
    If your photopoint album is going away, the photo links in the gallery here will not work.

There are a few sites out there that still provide free photo hosting.

http://www.picturetrail.com

http://www.zing.com/

http://www.fototime.com

http://www.clubphoto.com

Hope this helps!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• tpkentpken Posts: 1,108
    Thanks Karen. I haven't gotten around yet to resubmitting my photos elsewhere but will have to do it eventually.

Ken
    This week's topic:

My vehicle is better than yours because....

Brag about your ride on Tuesday, May 8, 5-6pm PT/8-9pm ET in the new News & Views Weekly Chat

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

I can just hear some of those GM bashers now!

Ken
  • kzmkzm Posts: 55
    Who ever joins in that chat better have all their ducks in a row!

KZM
  • bdreggorsbdreggors Posts: 143
    I'm a little apprehensive about getting in their because of what Ken mentioned.

I bet somehow the topic will segue into the Aztek...every topic eventually does. I'm taking bets...anyone else in? :-)
    bet it takes all of 3 posts to get to Aztek!

Ken
  • theicemantheiceman Posts: 736
    in 2 posts...
    ...I've been told that Bruno the Bouncer has been hired to help monitor the N&V chat tonight. So, everyone try to be on your best behavior. :-)

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Karen and Bonne buds:

I have wanted to do a chat time with some of the other participants in this and other forums but probably won't be home in time tonight from meetings to enter into the ring. I'd love to in the future though - anyone else interested in the chat venue?

Ken
  • pipes3kpipes3k Posts: 5
    Sorry it's been so long, I live in western Wisconsin. My 1998 SLE is white, with 5 spoke alunimum wheels. It has most of the options except moon roof and traction control. I love this car !! I wish I had the supercharger. I really enjoy reading about the mods. that people have been doing.

Later
    There must be at least 30 Bonneville owners that have not been heard from lately - some used to post regularly, a few spoke up just to say Hi.

Where are you guys? Come on in and speak up!

Ken
  • mfahey1mfahey1 Posts: 419
    Took my car in to the dealer today and got the steering changed to the firm setting and the message on the DIC changed. I really like the steering setting so far although I haven't really driven it too much. Wonder why the owner's manual doesn't mention that it can be changed. Even the service manager had to look it up to see whether or not it could be changed because he hadn't heard about it.
    People with engineering backgrounds are stereotyped as not being too creative and I'd have to say that based on the best I could come up with on the DIC, I fall in the not too creative category. "Driver 1" was changed to "Mark" and "Driver 2" was changed to "Cindy". Clever, huh?
  • ezraponezrapon Posts: 348
    could've had it programed to say Kirkwood rules. It is kind of orange and black though! Private joke eh?
    Better yet, the first line should have read "Statesmen" and the second line would have been "Pioneers". Statesmen over Pioneers, get it? Amazing, 37 years(for me) after graduating, we're still doing stuff like this.
  • h101h101 Posts: 62
    Just got back from a tour of the AirForce Museum in Dayton, Crawford Auto Musuem in Cleveland and the Gillmore Classic Car Club of America Museum near Kalamazoo (and then back to Madison, WI). The SSEi behaved well. Saw lots of 2000/2001 Bonnies on the road.

See ya all
  • ezraponezrapon Posts: 348
    I'm still at Kirkwood high and hanging around at velvet freeze. I was in Kirkwood today for the 1st time this year. Went to the hobby shop for supplies and saw a model of a 70 rs camaro split bumper... very nice. It's like going back in time. Crusing down Kirkwood Rd, me, my SSEi, and my persistent rattle in the passenger door. Right behind the armrest. These are a new design door panel, thats why no one knows how to remove them and the dealer can't fix them. Got a new one on order after 6 times taking it off, adjusting it, and adding a blanket of insulation.
    Bill - Sounds like you had a great tour there - how many miles did you rack up? What kinds of cars are in the Cleveland museum? I'm contemplating a ride that way sometime.

Thanks for sharing

Ken
    We (two other retired guys and I) let our wives stay home and take care of the pooches whilst we logged some 1,400 miles on the SSEi.

The Crawford Auto Museum- (web site is http://www.wrhs.org/sites/auto.htm) has about 200 cars. Mostly older, say 1900-1930, but some more recent. It is actually a nice collection, but poorly displayed. We made a similar trip (1,200 miles in the SSEi) last year and hit five auto museums. Add to that a couple of single trips, I've hit a bunch of museums since retiring two years ago.

Let me rank 'em, for ya:

1- The National Corvette Musuem and the Corvette Assembly Plant, Bowling Green, KY. The museum is great, but the assembly plant tour is spectacular. Twice a day, 9 am and 1 pm Mon-Fri. Of course, I'm biased 'cuz I took delivery of my Vette at the Museum ($500 extra, in addition to the normal dealer's shipping/prep, to go get it there... geeesh, but worth every penny).

2- The Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum in Auburn, IN. About 120 cars, painstakingly restored, and displayed in an unbelievable setting. Exceeded my wildest expectations.

3- The Gillmore/ Classic Car Club of America Museum north of Kalamazoo, MI. About 120 wonderful old cars, wonderfully displayed in restored barns.

4- The Walter Chrysler Museum in Auburn Hills, MI (near Detroit). Of course it is Chrysler-ville, but very well done. The 300's, Fury's and Cuda's are to be expected, but it was a bit of a surprise to find Hudsons ('cuz they bought American Motors). Very nice museum spanning the very old to the very new.

5- The Henry Ford Musuem at Greenfield Village, Dearborn, MI. By far the largest collection, in OK shape, but the display was poorly lit and somewhat crowded. I should add that the museum has all kinds of cars and many other good displays.

6- The National Studebaker Museum in South Bend, IN. A very pleasant surprise... it would jave even been better if I liked Studebakers :) However, My dad always had Packards and I learned how to drive on Packards... and there were Packards at the Studebaker National Museum including the 1956 Predictor... the concept car of my dreams when I was 20... and I had never seen it in real life. Needless to say, I was in seventh heaven.

7- Hartford Auto Museum, Hartford, WI. A very nice museum. Maybe a hundred older cars in reasonable shape, well displayed.

8- Crawford Museum, Cleveland... already reported above.

9- Last, the Alfred Sloan Museum, Flint, MI. I thought this would be a great stop. After all, Sloan is the father of GM. However, my assessment is a bunch of old, poorly restored Buicks crowded into an old garage.

Not ranked, but I have to mention, the National Air Force Museum in Dayton. Even if you don't like airplanes, this one will take your breath away. It is free, and it is big.... really big.

Ramble, ramble, ramble....

Bill
    In the last post... the last paren should not be in the web address for the Crawford...
    It's odd how the people who have reported squeaks and rattles have said the dealers are having a hard time fixing them. Yet, appartently most of us, me included, have yet to hear the first peep out of our cars. I can only speak for my own car but it is totally solid when it comes to squeaks and rattles. I often drive with my left hand resting at the top of the window and you can feel some flexing between the window and the door frame but at least in my car, it has never caused a problem.
    One of my life's ambitions is to get to that Auburn Cord Duesenburg Museum someday. I have a sister in law out in the Louisville area so maybe a trip out there sometime - hmmmmm.

Thanks again - sounds like my kind of trip!

Ken
  • bdreggorsbdreggors Posts: 143
    I can also testify that the USAF Museum is a GREAT stopover. I went up there in the summer of '99 with my Regal. My most beloved exhibit is probably the Convair B-36. Of course, the P-38 Lightning is up there too...after all it was SUPERCHARGED!
  • mlm4mlm4 Posts: 401
    Bill, that's a great list! I really want to visit Bowling Green someday; glad to hear it is so good. Henry Ford Museum is one of my favorites - I've been there six or seven times and spent the entire day wandering around the museum. They recently did some renovations and added an IMAX theatre. I like it because it has cars and trains and all sorts of inventions on display. The Greenfield Village is also nice. Across the street Ford opened their own museum. It's small but there are a few interesting technology displays and a couple of exotic prototypes (including a Jaguar and Aston).

Another good museum I visited many years ago is the Blackhawk Automotive Museum in Danville, Calif. Not on the Mid-West circuit, but worth visiting if you ever get out to the Bay Area. http://www.blackhawkauto.org/

Is anyone out nearing the end of your lease, or maybe even not that close to the end, but are already getting offers to buy the vehicle from the lessor? It doesn't matter if you plan to take the offer or not. Does this describe your situation? If so, please post your story in our discussion Talk to the Press, or respond directly to Jeannine Fallon, our PR Director at Edmunds jfallon@Edmunds.com. As always, your identity will be protected at your request.

Thanks much!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

• skyhawk3skyhawk3 Posts: 42
    Don Garlitts Drag Racing Museum in Ocala Florida is well worth the time. Besides a wide variety of well know drag racing cars,dragsters, etc, there are exhibits of antiques vehicles, and engines. Several of the street rods are still used on a regular basis by Garlitts to attend "cruiser nights" in the local area.
    Last year I had an opportunity to get a special tour of the Chrysler plant in Belvidere, IL where the Neon is assembled. They turn out about 1,200 cars a day and the place is REALLY automated. What a comparison to the Corvette line (I've only seen it four or five times in the past three years... (big grin)) where they turn out 140 cars on a good day.

The comparison is stunning. The Vette is a traditional frame, front engine (rear transmission... well maybe not so traditional), rear wheel drive while the Neon is about as far away from that as you can get. The Vette body is put together piece by piece by humans with lots of mechanical help. The Neon is put together mainly by big spark showering robots with human assistance where needed. The Vette's chassis is a hydroformed frame built around a massive engne and drive train. The Neon's engine line has this small engine with the front wheels hanging off it, and a steering wheel and a muffler attached.... which kind of join the main car at the last minute.

Both places are wonders of engineering and process. The Vette plant loves tours with two big groups a day. The Neon plant, no options for tours and you really have to work at it to get in.

Which brings me to the point... if someone can get us into a Bonnie plant... I'll be there :)
  • sgt_martysgt_marty Posts: 6
    I just bought a 95 Bonneville SE and have been going over the rollout sheet. Code Z02B is listed as keyless entry. Could this mean that the keychain transmitter got lost but the rest of the system is in the car? Second ly, is the Twilight system standard on the SE? Thanks Marty