Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac Bonneville Owners: Meet the Members

Comments

• ricks2ricks2 Posts: 17
    tpken:

Well, it is a gold '94 that can be seen driving along I-40 through RTP every day. It is an SSE with most options (except a power window lock!).
  • homer2000sseihomer2000ssei Posts: 159
    Hey There.

Nov 3- 1999 my dealer pulled the most beautiful car built in North America in front of my office window - and we signed the papers.

Obviously - a 2000 , the rest ? SSEi , chrome 6-spoke wheels, sunroof , heated seats (it's Canada), everything. On star want available then. I told it was one of the first into Canada, and was destined for a local M exes - but the dealer owed a favor (he, who knew they dint haggle on Vette pricing ) to my boss - and voila. It is my second Bonne, the previous being a '94 SE. I have loved the Bonne's since the early 80 models with the monotone coloring.

it now has 35,000M (50,000KM) - I LOVE to drive it. As of tonight - it has about 50 coats of Zaino polish on it - and you cant tell it was brushed at the car wash for 2 winters - it glows.

All i've done is dropped in a K&N filter - but im off to a dragstrip with some friends this weekend to get a base time - then Ill likely start with a 3.5 or 3.5 pulley and go from there.

problems - yea ive had the normal brake hassles, squeaks and rattles - and sure the service guys know my voice on the phone and they all know my name when i drop by - -but thats a different thread.

One complaint - the aftermarket for accessories is a bugger up here to get info. Im sure you guys can help. I also hang out at clubgp.com, cause Grand Prix is my second fav. car.

Thats enough for now.

Later
  • tpkentpken Posts: 1,108
    Congrats to you, Dennis! Glad you came in to say Hi here and join the club. Now please let us know - what color is your SSEi? And what interior color? Any pin striping? If you can post a pic over in the Bonneville Owners' Photo Gallery we'd love to see that great Zaino shine!

Again - welcome

Ken
    Geez, can you believe that ? I didn't mention the color scheme. As I like to call it - black, shiny black, very shiny black. Tan Interior - I think they call it taupe? Exterior is as they made it - I have dark tinted the windows to Ontario limits. Changed all 4 headlight bulbs over to the rite/white replacement bulbs - and now I seek replacement driving lamp bulbs to match. One personal touch I contemplating is getting one of those "supercharger" badges they used to put on Riviera's - and sticking it on the lower lip of the trunk.
    Im still somewhat of a rookie in the world of digital photos, uploading etc. I presently have a bunch sitting around on a Photopoint page. Im not going to pay their fee, so in a week or so - they wont be there, and this leads to my question.

Photo's loaded to the gallery - are they just links leading somewhere else - or are they loaded and then permanently on the gallery, even if I dump the photopoint stuff later?
    Dennis - I've got pics there too and am going to have to reestablish them elsewhere as well. They are linked and our host can give the definitive word here but I think they will all disappear when we lose the photopoint archive.

Ken
  • theicemantheiceman Posts: 736
    I think they're still offering up to 30MB of photo posting - for free.
  • bdreggorsbdreggors Posts: 143
    Welcome aboard! Your car sounds fabulous. I too own the SSEi--great car. I'm thinking of dropping a K&N in soon, too. Right now, I'm just waiting until my factory one gets a little dirty; it'll make me feel better about spending money on a new one!

Once again, welcome!

Best wishes
    Brian
  • boosted1boosted1 Posts: 90
    I too have been thinking of adding something to the back of the car. I was thinking of getting an SSEi badge for the trunk, or the decal that clupgp.com has for sale.

Earlier model SSei's had a badge on the trunk, I guess they wanted to save a little $$.

We now have 750 miles on our 2001 SSEi.

Love it!!!!!!

C-ya
  • mlm4mlm4 Posts: 401
    It is true that pre-production 2000 SSEi's had a badge on the trunk deck in the same location where the SE models have the "Bonneville" badge, but I also assumed that this was deleted to save money. I kind of like the anonymity my SSEi has without too many badges - it keeps people guessing. Someone on this forum even removed the badges from the doors to make it even less identifiable. To each his own...

I would like to get a couple of small decals for the rear door windows (fixed panels) that have the classic Pontiac Indian Head logo and maybe also the contemporary dart logo as well. I think this is something I'll have to make for myself, since I have had no luck finding such decals on the Internet. But first I'll need to get a hold of a good quality bitmap of the Indian Head logo. Any ideas where I could find it?
    I've just tried building a web page - bonnevillecars.com - that is just a tad too tricky for me - I did get one pic loaded, and now cant work the system to get more.
    I knew not watching my daughter play with the computer was gonna come back and haunt me. 12 year old can build web sites, and I cant. Oh, I just consoled myself with the fact that she is ONLY a passenger in the car - and I drive it haha.

So, off I go to Yahoo when i get 10 minutes to kill - and if i do it soon and have success - ill report back.
    yea, I do keep going back and forth on the "supercharged" badge for the back - one more thing for water to get caught up on/in that stupid design.

anyone else tired of having to do a complex series of shakes, lifts twists and turns to get all the water out of the light facia and trim at the trunk after washing it. I have it down to a science now - but it really bugs me to think they didnt do a better job there.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,020
    If your photopoint album is going away, the photo links in the gallery here will not work.

There are a few sites out there that still provide free photo hosting.

http://www.picturetrail.com

http://www.zing.com/

http://www.fototime.com

http://www.clubphoto.com

Hope this helps!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

Thanks Karen. I haven't gotten around yet to resubmitting my photos elsewhere but will have to do it eventually.

Ken
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,020
    This week's topic:

My vehicle is better than yours because....

Brag about your ride on Tuesday, May 8, 5-6pm PT/8-9pm ET in the new News & Views Weekly Chat

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

I can just hear some of those GM bashers now!

Ken
  • kzmkzm Posts: 55
    Who ever joins in that chat better have all their ducks in a row!

KZM
  • bdreggorsbdreggors Posts: 143
    I'm a little apprehensive about getting in their because of what Ken mentioned.

I bet somehow the topic will segue into the Aztek...every topic eventually does. I'm taking bets...anyone else in? :-)
    bet it takes all of 3 posts to get to Aztek!

Ken
  • theicemantheiceman Posts: 736
    in 2 posts...