Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac Bonneville Owners: Photo Gallery

Comments

• rb8225rb8225 Posts: 33
    And Driver 2...

This one has to change again soon, since my wife pointed out that SHE is supposed to be driver 2.

• tpkentpken Posts: 1,108
    Kevin - your son did a super job on that group shot of us all. I think that's the only pic we have of Jerry (Mr. Goodwrench).

Robin - nice ride! Did you get that at priceline.com? heheh

Ken
  • kzmkzm Posts: 55
    Ken - If my son finds out, he'll want to use my camera all the time! Do you think Henri likes to be the center of attention?;-)

Robin - I am certain now that I must get those chrome rims sometime in the near future! They definitely make a difference in the profile of the car. Very nice!

Peace
    KZM
  • smfransmfran Posts: 432
    Great pictures kzm. Ken, how about arranging something closer to home? This morning at around 8:00 I saw your exact car in Canton, MA pass me going in the opposite direction and thought of you. It was a beauty! Was it you?
  • mfahey1mfahey1 Posts: 419
    Great looking car especially since it appears to be a clone of ours although I couldn't tell if it has a sunroof.
    Thanks for the information on the Tech2, especially for the steering adjustments. I believe that I'll be paying the dealer a visit. The service manager is a real gearhead (beautiful 66 Nova, all tricked out) and I'm sure he'll work with me.
  • bdreggorsbdreggors Posts: 143
    Warp engines ready Captain! lol. I've gotta do something with my DIC; 'Driver 1' is getting so tame.
  • theicemantheiceman Posts: 736
    Nice angle!
    It really does look great! The white stripe on black is a very nice touch, Kevin. I'd like to see a red stripe sometime too. Maybe someone here has one. By the way - who's that handsome devil talking to Vince (Henry) in the background there? heheh

Ken
  • jim280zjim280z Posts: 1
    How do you change the Deafult "Driver 1" and
    "Driver 2" Displays to your own custom message.
    I could not find it in the manual, on a 2001
    SSEI, thanks.
    Jim
  • rb8225rb8225 Posts: 33
    Jim-
    The DIC greeting is one of only 2 programmable items I know of (steering firmness is the other) that can't be programmed from the dash. To change the DIC message you need the dealer's Tech2 diagnostic tool. Go back and look at message #1404 in the Sedans board for more information.

Regards,
    Robin
    You knucklehead!!!
  • fantascpfantascp Posts: 175
    Kevin: Great pictures of the the CARS.-Thanks!!!!
    As far as the people pics- HELP!!!- HA HA!!!

KEN: still no computer- making due off site as best as i can. I'm still able to read the postings etc.-

Blacksilver-BEAUTIFUL PICTURE!!! -What kind of polish/wax do you use? I've been using AMOR-ALL- anyone recommend anything else?

Thanks,

Chuck
  • blacksilverblacksilver Posts: 69
    That's Zaino #1, followed by 2 coats of Zaino #2 on both vehicles.

Hans
  • fantascpfantascp Posts: 175
    Thanks, I'll give it a try with Zaino.

Ken: getting back Kevins pics "KNUCKLEHEADS???-

How about -"3 WISE MEN "- for purchasing BONNEVILLE'S!!!!

Chuck
    the "Triumvirate". Wasn't that Ceasar, Pompey and Mark Antony? (Don't think spell check will recognize that one - hope I got it right!)
  • homer2000sseihomer2000ssei Posts: 159
    Doesnt it seem like that product was developed just for our cars. I have the black, and with the body contours - it just looks too damned nice! I think Sal deserves an honourable mention for BEST car product / accessory.

also, have you heard that there is a new "product" coming out very soon - it's supposed to be an additive you can put into the Z2, or Z5 to make it possible to do multiple coats without the waiting period of a few hours at best. can you imagine - 2-3 coats in an hour - and you had better be wearing shades, cause it will look even better than what we get now. Yes, even though it's not the optimum application - i do presently put on multiple coats in the same day - I just love polishing that car !
  • h101h101 Posts: 62
    I've posted this shot before in the open forum (under the caption "What Plates?). But it really deserves a spot in the photo gallery with a plug for Zaino.

Here are two fun cars :)

There you go again posting pics of that gorgeous .....GARAGE! ...to say nothing of those beautiful cars!

Ken
  • kzmkzm Posts: 55
    the Batboat or the Batplane?"- Alfred. (Batman and Robin).

KZM
    ;-)
    OK, I've checked your profile and just cant seem to locate where that garage might be.

Damn, clean or what? and the cars are good too :)

Funny, i just spent the weekend putting about 600 miles on a friends 99 vette, and I just couldnt get comfortable in my car for a few days. I was felling like i was sitting up wayyy to high. Do you have that problem adjusting back and forth?
    You mean you want a street address!!!!

Well, it is 7 Bayside Drive, and you are welcome anytime. :)

Actually, the SSEi and the Vette have lots in common and I find it easy to make the adjustment. Much easier than the days when I had a '77 New Yorker/two feet longer than the Bonnie and an '84 Fiero/six feet shorter than the Bonnie.

Both the SSEi and the Vette have power, the gauges, switchs and controls are almost the same, both have fairly stiff suspension.... both are black :). Both have mirrors that seem to stick out way beyond anything I have ever owned before!

I assume that was a fun 600 miles...
    Just kidding - it was a great 600 M, and the drag strip was fun too! But, seriously - it took me two days to feel comfortable in the Bonne - even my wife noticed a difference in me when I was driving the SSEi the first day back into it. I felt like I was riding in a granpa car - or a truck - it was just weird.

Oh, and i am envious of your garage - I can barely park in mine when the weather acts up - it's a 2car - but it really serves as more of a storage and meeting place during the spring to fall seasons. next years house will be different - i will actually be darned sure i can park and work inside. Last year we built a car/truck wash garage onto my brothers place - hot and cold water, floor drain, insulated, heated - it is nice to pull in during the middle of winter and a few hours later pull out all cleaned and Zaino'd.

ahh, but i ramble - so it's back to the papers piling up on my desk - Geez, I shouldnt have gone golfing yesterday, it always takes two days to catch up.
  • bdreggorsbdreggors Posts: 143
    Now I present to you the first ever pictures of my Bonneville.

(trumpet fanfare)

Sittin' pretty after a gentle spring shower. Tell me Zanio doesn't work! ;-)

Afterburners on! This Bonnie is also proud to serve! I decided to leave the Dick Norris emblem on (under right taillamp) since they gave a good deal on the car. No muss, no fuss, no removal of their little ad.

Not the best pic of the bunch, but check out the wheels! Off towards the right of the picture, my '79 LeSabre says 'get me, too!'

I love this pic because my lawn looks green! Stood on the LeSabre's bumper for this one.

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Galaxy Silver

Loaded, sans heated seats & CD changer

Purchased: October, 2000

Dealership: Dick Norris Buick/Pontiac/GMC Miliage: 3542 as of this morning

Average MPG: Hovering around 20-22. Not bad for city driving!

Problems: slightly loose driver's side A-pillar speaker and loose astroroof headliner BOTH fixed for FREE by Dick Norris.

Responding to timebomb over in the other area. Here is a photo of the UHaul custom hitch for the SSEi. You can hardly notice it.

This discussion has been closed.