Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reader's Rides & Photos

Comments

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,561

Still going through the old albums and got this converted from an old slide. Photo dates from 1980, the Datsun is probably a '78 or so.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• stickguystickguy Posts: 14,472

probably should have put some air shocks on that baby!

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (daughter stole that one), and 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again)

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,733

My son posted a picture of my car on Instagram, and BMW's Instagram account picked it up.
    See it here:

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,871
    edited May 27

It's the season for the birds to bomb my cars in the driveway. Once I get them clean, I'll get a photo up since we just added a new vehicle for the wife and gave the new college graduate the wife's 2011 Versa.

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• mako1amako1a VirginiaPosts: 1,700

My small town car show. I was hoping he'd "lite em up"

2013 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500 LT HD, 2001 GMC Yukon Denali

• imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,197

@PF_Flyer said: It's the season for the birds to bomb my cars in the driveway.

There's a season for that? Here it happens all year 'round.

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,871

Once we get past "ice out", the robins all seem to join the 81st bomber wing and absolutely plaster our driveway. When you move one of the cars, there's a "shadow" left where the car was parked.

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,461

@PF_Flyer said: It's the season for the birds to bomb my cars in the driveway. Once I get them clean, I'll get a photo up since we just added a new vehicle for the wife and gave the new college graduate the wife's 2011 Versa.

Nice, Bob! Looks like the birds aren't the only ones dropping bombs! LOL

Congrats!

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,876

The latest addition.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

edited June 2

Can I borrow that puppy? For, say, the next six months?

(It's got AC, right?).

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

@stever said: Can I borrow that puppy? For, say, the next six months? (It's got AC, right?).

Sure! I doubt Andy would mind me loaning it out. A/C, and a nice flat-screen TV that gets any channel you like, as long as it's PBS (3 versions) or Fox (1 version).

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Cool, can you deliver it to Las Cruces?

(I can leave the Subaru and Quest at your place for collateral. Maybe forever, lol).

• xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,461
    edited June 2

Hahahah; sweet! Are both the truck and trailer new, or just the trailer? It's funny how stumpy the front end of the trailer is. Clearly, the RV manufacturers are catering to the short-bed crowd! With an 8' bed like that Ford has, you could get a fifth wheel trailer with another 3' of bedroom on the front of it without being any longer of a tow! :D

Nice Cruze. I really like the green.

Is it a diesel?

• ray80ray80 Posts: 1,257
    edited June 3

@imidazol97 said: Nice Cruze. I really like the green.

Is it a diesel?

Not a diesel, was to afraid of possible oopsie between gas/diesel vehicles (meaning having both). Just saw a post elsewhere with gas cruze getting filled (really filled) with diesel by mistake , not good (2014 Cruze also, ouch) Mine is Eco version.

• nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,591

@ray80

How do you like it so far? Any minor teething issues or major problems? You have the 1.4L Turbo?

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• andre1969andre1969 Posts: 21,971

That is a nice looking Cruze. I've always been a sucker for a nice shade of green.

edited June 3

@nyccarguy said: ray80‌

How do you like it so far? Any minor teething issues or major problems? You have the 1.4L Turbo?

So far so good, just got it last Tuesday and it has < 900 miles on it so far . Yes, 1.4 turbo.
    This is going to be my daily driver so I opted for the 6 spd MT. Took me a day or 3 to get my right foot adjusted to differance between the HHR with 170k miles on it and and a new vehicle thats rather eager to go in the first couple gears when the turbo comes into play. Eco gearing seems a tad strange or different, couple thousand miles more on the clock and getting things a little more loosened up and I think that impression will go away.

Color choice was a little odd for me as generaly I would always go for some sort of red. In fact when I first went to see waht they looked like on a sunday when dealer was closed I had thought the crystal red tint would be my favorite, but in traveling down the row we came to the green ones first and they caught my eye. I didn't really like thr crystal tint red and for some strange reason didn't go for the red hot option .

(Oh Yeah, as much as I hated to, being a guy, I had to get the book out to get directions on how to put the thing in reverse, little different )

• Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,014

@Kirstie_H said: The latest addition.

Nice! And I'm not showing this to my husband. He will be green with envy!

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

@xwesx said: Hahahah; sweet! Are both the truck and trailer new, or just the trailer? It's funny how stumpy the front end of the trailer is. Clearly, the RV manufacturers are catering to the short-bed crowd! With an 8' bed like that Ford has, you could get a fifth wheel trailer with another 3' of bedroom on the front of it without being any longer of a tow! :D

Truck was purchased in March or April - new to us, but it's a 2008. Trailer was purchased on Friday. Bigger trailer? No thanks. That means more room to store visitors. Camping is our peaceful alone time :o

• andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,628

2000 BMW 528i, 2001 BMW 330CiC

Okay, got a shot of the new minivan in the garage, a 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT. Heading out next week for New Mexico to run a load out.

@stever said: Okay, got a shot of the new minivan in the garage, a 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT. Heading out next week for New Mexico to run a load out.

Nice, lots of room for stuff in this one.

@stever said: Okay, got a shot of the new minivan in the garage, a 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT. Heading out next week for New Mexico to run a load out.

Congratulations on the new van.

Thanks, and yeah, there is a lot of room in it. Tell me again why people buy trucks? B)

• slorenzenslorenzen Posts: 303

@stever said: Thanks, and yeah, there is a lot of room in it. Tell me again why people buy trucks? B)

Because you can't haul firewood, dirt or rock in a van? At least not much volume...

What's a yard of 3/4 minus weigh?

Granted, I LIKE minivans and think they are far more useful than a CUV.

;)

edited June 7

I have to admit I never hauled rocks in the van. Used the Subaru for that, LOL.

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,328
    edited June 7

I hauled mulch in the van. But I also did that with the Leaf. ;)

Actually got 19 bags in the Leaf! Everyone at Home Depot was in shock, and quite a few commented that I was going to break the car. Of course, those people just don't use their heads... it didn't weigh more than 2 overly large adults, if you really think about it. While I was loading up, a guy pulled up in an Expedition and declared he'll be making 2 trips for his 20 bags. I couldn't help but laugh out loud at him.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

Leaf mulch. Perfect. :D