Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Rogue CVT transmission

carol138carol138 Posts: 1
edited April 26 in Nissan

at 4106 milles car would not go over speed of 20. After some delay 5 days 7 hours from home,needed new transmission. Nissan long delay in delivery to service shop. \Hard time reaching cEastern regaional sales supervisor. Lost salary, etc. NEED A SAFETY RECALL. Thank God it did not happen on the Thruway. Like everyone else car would not move. Trying to get out of lease, no response from dealer upstate to put me in different car. Not sure if I willl ever lease another Nissan. Who do we have to complain to to get a recall.

Comments

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,862
    edited April 26

Complaints should go to the NHTSA at safercar.gov (although they can drag their feet for years).

Nissan loaned Edmunds.com a 2014 Rogue SL in March for a long-term tester. None of the editors much like the CVT although it hasn't gone into "limp" mode.

My wife and I are actively shopping cars - I toss out possible cars and she researches them. We have a '99 Nissan Quest that we've run into the ground and the other day she stumbled onto the Rogue and asked me why I hadn't pointed it out to her. I told her to look up the CVT complaints. All cars seem to have their issues, and I like Nissans, but we passed on the Rogue because of the CVT.

Maybe the dealer will let you switch to another vehicle without losing too much money (a Quest or Versa Note perhaps?).

2014 Nissan Rogue: Nice, But CVT Is a Deal Breaker

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• dmw56dmw56 Posts: 3

Purchased 2008 Rogue , CVT failed out of warranty with Dealer telling me to junk the car because of high CVT repair costs and unknown reliability afterwards. Run/Trade away from Nissan CVT's.