Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mazda GTS 3 Washer Fluid Leak

novicenovice Member Posts: 64
edited May 2014 in Mazda

We've had the car 5 weeks. Love it. But one problem is, the washer fluid keeps disappearing. It's at about 1/3 -1/2 cup a day. This of course is without using it to spray the windows. Dealer wants to say this is normal drop in fluid level. I say bull. I've never had this happen with any car before and I'm 65. Anyone else experience this? Or have thoughts? Thanks.

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

Does your car have a headlight washer option? If so, those activate whenever you have headlights and wipers on at the same time.

If that's not an option on your car, then you must have a fluid leak from the fluid reservoir. If you add washer fluid yourself and then look under the car and see a drip, there you go.

• cjtothcjtoth Member Posts: 1

I also have a new 2014 Mazda 3 S Grand Touring hatchback. Love the car, but on my way home from the dealer the windshield washer fluid warning light came on. Thinking that the dealer had not topped off the fluid, I filled it with new washer fluid. A couple days later I checked the level and it doesn't register, even though I've never used any. I've only had the car three weeks and I love it, but I think it is leaking washer fluid. I see no leaks or drips under the car. Taking it back to the dealer to have it checked out. Anyone else have this problems?

• mazda0094mazda0094 Member Posts: 1
    Both our 2011 cx7 and 2 had leaks in the wiper fluid rubber hoses.