Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Ford Escape Lease Questions

Comments

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 3,558

@stever said: Well, try telling a few dealers that. And you can mention that you are looking at a CX-5 as well. Someone may whack the price down a bit. :smile:

Good luck!

Or Honda CR-V. Or Hyundai Tuscon. Or...

Lots of good choices out there. Buy what you like, not necessarily for the deal. Years ago I was shopping for a V6 mid-sized sedan. Looked at the Passat, Accord, Camry ... but I ended up buying a Saturn L300. Why? 0% financing from GM.

Nice car, but the savings up front was more than wiped out by the trade in value 7 years later.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,144
    edited June 6

I happened to see @carbuyingboy's other post about the CX-5 before I replied in here. :p

And you're right, it's really a very competitive segment. I liked the CX-5 we tested not too long ago; didn't try out an Escape.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• carbuyingboycarbuyingboy Posts: 9
    I like both Cx-5 and escape a lot. I will probably be happy with any out of the two. But money is kind of important factor for me because if my lease payment is over 280ish I would rather buy few year old used SUV.
    I didn't really like Cr-v and RAV 4. I might be biased against RAV 4 since I had bad experience with sales man.
    edited June 6
    I was quoted $353 for ford escape with msrp of 31605. It had about $2000 worth of add ons that I don't want. $653 due at signing, 3 years ,36 k. They didn't give me selling price. They used $1250 rebate money but didn't use student incentive because I didn't tell them I qualify for it.
    Is it realistic to expect I can get my payment around 280-290 if I find escape with MSRP of 30,000, or is it just ridiculously low and I should be looking for something else?

@carbuyingboy said: I was quoted $353 for ford escape with msrp of 31605. It had about $2000 worth of add ons that I don't want. $653 due at signing, 3 years ,36 k. They didn't give me selling price. They used $1250 rebate money but didn't use student incentive because I didn't tell them I qualify for it. Is it realistic to expect I can get my payment around 280-290 if I find escape with MSRP of 30,000, or is it just ridiculously low and I should be looking for something else?

I think it will be a challenge to get below $300/mo on an Escape SE AWD.

Residual is 54% for 36mo/12K miles per year and MF is 1.25% (true MF is .00052). Don't know what the tax rate is where you live, but I plugged in a $30K MSRP and $27K net cap cost with the MF and residual and I get a pre-tax payment of $322.46. $26K net cap results in a pre-tax payment of $294.17. Not sure if you can get $3K off the sticker, then add in the lease cash on top of it.

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

edited June 6
    Did the residual value change from last month? I was quoted last month and residual value they gave me was about 59% and MF 1%. Tax rate is 6.6.

@carbuyingboy said: Did the residual value change from last month? I was quoted last month and residual value they gave me was about 59% and MF 1%. Tax rate is 6.6.

Numbers from ford are updated quarterly, so there shouldn't be any changes from may.

• krell1krell1 Posts: 4
    edited June 18

I'd like the current money factor and residual for an Escape Titanium. I've been getting mixed up information that does not match what the dealer is telling me. The dealer gave me 57% residual and a MF of 3%. Is that right? Also $2250 cash back.

@krell1 said: I'd like the current money factor and residual for an Escape Titanium. I've been getting mixed up information that does not match what the dealer is telling me. The dealer gave me 57% residual and a MF of 3%. Is that right? Also $2250 cash back.

What lease term and miles per year?

OOPS.36 months and 12000 per year

edited June 18

What I meant to ask,if I'm still not clear, is the money factor and residual for a 2014 Escape Titanium with a 36 month lease and 12000 miles per year. I'm also located in Utah if that makes a difference.

@krell1 said: @krell1 said: I'd like the current money factor and residual for an Escape Titanium. I've been getting mixed up information that does not match what the dealer is telling me. The dealer gave me 57% residual and a MF of 3%. Is that right? Also $2250 cash back. 36 months and 12000 per year

1.25% MF and $1000 lease cash; the only other incentive is $500 if you are renewing a Red Carpet Lease.

57% residual for 36/12 is correct.

• deniska1deniska1 Posts: 19

Hello

I'm looking for residual and MF for 2014 Escape Titanium with navigation, AWD Ecobost. 24months / 10.5K a year.

Thank You

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,905

@deniska1 said: Hello

I'm looking for residual and MF for 2014 Escape Titanium with navigation, AWD Ecobost. 24months / 10.5K a year.

Thank You

0.25% APR and 65% residual. $1000 lease cash.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

@kyfdx said: 0.25% APR and 65% residual. $1000 lease cash.

Thank you for the quick response. I did not specify the engine, but I'm assuming above numbers are for 2.0?. An APR of 0.25% translates to a MF of 0.000104167? I took 0.25 and divided it by 2400, is this a correct formula? I'm using truecar.com to get the final selling price for the vehicle. On a vehicle with $35,935, i'm getting a promised price of $31,331. Before taxes and fees. When I plug in all the number into a lease calculator spread sheet, I come back with a monthly payment of $338 before taxes and fees and 0 down. I have suspicion that I'm using a wrong MF. Please let me know if my monthly payments are accurate.

Thank You

@deniska1 said: Thank you for the quick response. I did not specify the engine, but I'm assuming above numbers are for 2.0?. An APR of 0.25% translates to a MF of 0.000104167? I took 0.25 and divided it by 2400, is this a correct formula? I'm using truecar.com to get the final selling price for the vehicle. On a vehicle with $35,935, i'm getting a promised price of $31,331. Before taxes and fees. When I plug in all the number into a lease calculator spread sheet, I come back with a monthly payment of $338 before taxes and fees and 0 down. I have suspicion that I'm using a wrong MF. Please let me know if my monthly payments are accurate.

The residual and MF are not engine-specific.

Yes, the MF of .25% equates to a 'true' MF of .000104 - dividing by 2400 is the correct formula.

My calculations are the same as yours with the MSRP and selling price you've provided - $338/mo before taxes.

@Michaell said: My calculations are the same as yours with the MSRP and selling price you've provided - $338/mo before taxes.

Great thank you!! looks like with the right information figuring out the lease payments is not such a big mistery as many of the dealers would have you believe.

• ox1ox1 Posts: 4

Hi, looking for MF and residual on 36 month, 18K AWD SE in NJ. MSRP 29390. Supposed selling price of 26400. Nothing down, all fees taxes included. Offer was $369.

Thanks

@ox1 said: Hi, looking for MF and residual on 36 month, 18K AWD SE in NJ. MSRP 29390. Supposed selling price of 26400. Nothing down, all fees taxes included. Offer was $369.

Thanks

1.25% and 53%.

@Michaell said: 1.25% and 53%.

Thank you. Using lease calculators, I get Sticker-29390 sell-26400 residual -15576 depr fee $300.65/month Lease fee $21.83/month Tax $22.57/month

or $345.05/month (again 36 month, 18K). Assuming $440 for 4 years registration and $500ish doc or other fees, that puts me right @ $370/M.

Does this sound right and/or should I expect to get a number substanially below this?

@ox1 said: Does this sound right and/or should I expect to get a number substanially below this?

With your numbers, I get a pre-tax payment of $322.48 for 36 months. Are you rolling in the registration and doc fees into the cap cost?

@Michaell said: With your numbers, I get a pre-tax payment of $322.48 for 36 months. Are you rolling in the registration and doc fees into the cap cost?

Yes (I think), my final number is $345.05 after tax, but adding doc and registion ( a total of $940) divided by 36 = $26.11. actual payment would then be $371.16, which is real close to the offer I got of $369.

Guess my question is should I push for much lower or is this a pretty decent deal already? I did get another quote of $391 this morning.

Thanks again

@ox1 said: Thanks again

Looks like you are getting the base MF, so the only way to decrease the payment is to negotiate a better selling price.

@Michaell said: Looks like you are getting the base MF, so the only way to decrease the payment is to negotiate a better selling price.

OK, thats the easy part (for me anyway).

@ox1 said:

Good luck! Let us know how it all turns out.

• trojanfantrojanfan Posts: 8

I know last quarter's lease figures expired yesterday. How soon does Ford update for the new quarter? I'm interested in knowing MF, residual and lease cash for an Escape Titanium 2WD and4WD with the 2.0L ecoboost, 10,500 miles for 24 months and 36 months.

@trojanfan said: I know last quarter's lease figures expired yesterday. How soon does Ford update for the new quarter? I'm interested in knowing MF, residual and lease cash for an Escape Titanium 2WD and4WD with the 2.0L ecoboost, 10,500 miles for 24 months and 36 months.

The dealers probably have the new numbers; we don't, just yet.

Any updates on the figures for 4WD titanium 2.0 24/10.5 NY...thank you

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,905

@deniska1 said: Any updates on the figures for 4WD titanium 2.0 24/10.5 NY...thank you

0.25% APR and 63% residual.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

edited July 17

@kyfdx said:

any idea when the 2015 edge will be released?