Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2015 Mazda CX-5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

2»

Comments

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,252
    edited August 25

@kaveh2k , if there's another dealer around that you liked, you could ask them if they can beat the quote. Seems like VA is a pretty competitive market (maybe just around the District though?), so you may be good to go.

The dealer may be looking for bonus money as the month wraps up (and maybe their quarter) so you could alway ask for a few bucks more off, or some free mats or something. Never hurts to ask.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• sarav2sarav2 Posts: 2

Bought my 2015 CX5 Touring with Bose audio and Moon roof for 26280 OTD in CA yesterday. Before tax and fees it was $23,780.

Sounds like a good deal?

• neweggnewegg Posts: 1

@sarav2 said: Bought my 2015 CX5 Touring with Bose audio and Moon roof for 26280 OTD in CA yesterday. Before tax and fees it was $23,780.

Sounds like a good deal?

Great deal for a AWD!!!! Is it a AWD or FWD?? Thanks.

• Hey all,

I helped a friend negotiate for a CX-5 Touring in Las Vegas last week and wanted to run it by you all. The process was far less objective and calculating than I normally would design and the package included some slightly unusual features that I had a hard time pricing. I arrived with zero price knowledge about the car and researched with a tablet on the fly...4 hours later this is the deal we made...

2015 Touring CX-5, FWD with

1) Moon Roof/Bose package
    2) Navigation Chip/System
    3) 10 yr/100k mile powertrain warranty
    4) 2 years of oil changes and maintenance free

We paid $26,448 (all fees included) + tax

I had a difficult time pricing the extra warranty and the maintenance and they whacked me a bit last minute with fees after I thought the deal price was final but overall I was happy with price/options. I felt I could have saved as much as $500 given more time but I'm not sure about that and the convenience and other random personal factors outweighed the potential savings. I'm curious if I'm wrong about the price though - thoughts?

Thanks.
    edited September 18
    Looks like you did well to me. I ran the numbers for my zip code and came up with TMV of $27,730 with the moon roof/Bose and Tech package/nav. That's before fees and taxes and doesn't include the warranty and maintenance.

I wouldn't pay much for the extended warranty or oil change package and don't think they are worth a lot of money. It may have been possible to have weeded those out for a bit more savings but your friend may get some value out of them. Just be careful of upsells at the oil changes and note the fine print for the extended warranty exclusions. I suppose this is one of those dealers that includes the warranty with every sale?

• Yes. They said they're a "test" dealership and everyone gets the 10 yr powertrain - they presented the 2 years of service as automatic too. The place is super close to our house so the service is convenient and I figured the oil changes were worth $200ish ($30 x 7) and the free 15,000 mile service is a + as well. No idea how to value the 10 yr powertrain warranty to be honest. We didn't get the whole tech package - just had the nav chip installed individually - they said it has a $750 list value for whatever that's worth. Thanks for the feedback.
    edited September 19
    I guess I don't know what the "nav chip" fee is for - I was pricing out the car with the tech package because it included the nav system. I see some stuff online about SD cards for the Mazda - is this something you have to add to get the navigation system to work because you didn't get the tech package? Learn something new everyday around here.

Okay, deleting the tech package gets me down to $26,280 plus $700 for the chip and your "average" price would be $26,980.

So you beat the average and got a couple hundred bucks in oil changes tossed in, and maybe some more benefits when the factory warranty expires. That's kind of a bad lottery to win - do you really want the AC to go out so you can use the extended warranty? B)

Misunderstood that your friend was helping you - it's always nice to have another person there with a bit of detachment and just having another set of ears is always good too. Congrats on the new ride!

• The chip is what makes the nav system go yes, so we had to get it installed for the nav to operate - no prefabbed trims offering nav without the rest of the tech package. I truly hope we do not win the "bad" warranty usage lottery! It does seem likely that based on your TMV calculation I probably could have hit some different dealerships and run an email bidding war to grind out some extra savings but ultimately the convenience and reduced time involved are worth something as well. The car handles really well - hard to believe we'd have found a better ride in the class (the handling on the highest trim CRV was quite rough compared to the CX-5). Thanks again for your feedback.
    Exactly right - you might have ground out a few more bucks, but it's a lot of time and hassle. And over the life of the car, the money saved isn't really worth it, imo, unless you really enjoy that sort of thing.
    Enjoy the ride, I really enjoyed the test drive of a 2014 CX-5 a while back.

2»