Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

TPMS again. Mitsubishi Outlander

comem47comem47 Member Posts: 399
edited May 2014 in Mitsubishi

Once again a valve stem corroded on one of those proprietary TPMS sensors that Mitsubishi uses (by intent???).The stem is flopping around and I tried to see if I could fix it, but can't and the whole thing will need to be replaced (and of course it will have to be "learned" into the set...$$$$). One odd thing I noticed is the fail sensor light sequence was not triggered at the time I removed the now leaking tire(stem) and I put the spare on and it didn't trigger the sensor after driving about a mile. Does that mean there is hope that I could rip those damned things out and replace with regular valve stems and be out of the endless loop of paying Mitsubishi to charge me $$ every time this happens (and be able to just have my usual tire dealer take care of stems along with tires???) I'd love it is the case (once the sensor is tripped you can't see a number of other function on the console because the console turns yellow and locks you out because it thinks "the sky has fallen in"). TPMS the way Mitsubishi has implemented it is a money grab. Leave your wallet on the counter folks.