Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2015 Subaru WRX Lease Questions

moodyhankmoodyhank Boulder, COPosts: 15
edited May 7 in Subaru

Hi all,

I figured since it is no longer an Impreza, the new WRX deserves its own discussion.

Does anyone have the 36 months 12k/year lease numbers for the base/premium/limited 2015 WRX?

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,957

@moodyhank said: Hi all,

I figured since it is no longer an Impreza, the new WRX deserves its own discussion.

Does anyone have the 36 months 12k/year lease numbers for the base/premium/limited 2015 WRX?

Stick-shift?

.00200 MF and 66% residual for base

.00188 MF and 63% residual for premium

.00170 MF and 62% residual for limited

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• moodyhankmoodyhank Boulder, COPosts: 15

@kyfdx@Edmunds said: .00170 MF and 62% residual for limited

Yes, stick shift. Thanks for the info!

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,907

A reporter would like to speak to a recent car buyer/lessee who wanted multiple airbags in his/her new or used car, including knee, hip and side curtain airbags. If you recently purchased a car, and the availability of multiple airbags was an important feature to you, please send your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com no later than 10 a.m. PT/1 p.m. ET on Friday, May 9, 2014.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• aigochamalohaigochamaloh Posts: 27

What do the residuals and MF look like for the CVT? See a lot of them sitting around locally. 91784.

@aigochamaloh said: What do the residuals and MF look like for the CVT? See a lot of them sitting around locally. 91784.

Sorry, but I refuse to look up numbers for a slushbox WRX!! (just kidding.. :) )

.00185 MF and 62% residual for Premium CVT
    .00165 MF and 61% residual for Limited CVT

36mo, 15K/yr

• aigochamalohaigochamaloh Posts: 27

@kyfdx@Edmunds said: 36mo, 15K/yr

Lol. Thank you very much.

I'm only allowed one stick shift fun car, and just sold my V6 swapped MR2. My Legacy is now the fun car, so might as well have another fun-ish car to DD!

• ccasey1ccasey1 Posts: 15
    edited May 13

Hi,

This may be a bit excessive, and if so I apologize in advance, but I figure it might be helpful to others who are considering the same cars. (If excessive please just provide WRX info!)

Can you please provide MF and residual for 2 yr / 10k annual lease for the following vehicles?

• 2015 WRX base manual transmission
    • 2015 VW GTI base manual transmission
    • 2014 Ford Focus ST (in my case w ST2 pkg)

Thanks very much!

-Chris

.00340 MF and 77% residual for the 2015 WRX.

2015 GTI numbers aren't out yet..

Please ask the Focus question in the Focus discussion. Thanks!

• ccasey1ccasey1 Posts: 15

Understood, and thanks!

• sacamanosacamano Posts: 6

Hey there -- When the June numbers come out, could you please look up the MF and RV for a 2015 WRX for 36 mo. and 10K miles / year? I'll be looking at a Limited level 6-speed manual WRX. Thanks!

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,519

@sacamano said: Hey there -- When the June numbers come out, could you please look up the MF and RV for a 2015 WRX for 36 mo. and 10K miles / year? I'll be looking at a Limited level 6-speed manual WRX. Thanks!

We are hoping to see the June numbers as early as Tuesday this week. Check back with us after to see if we have them.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

@Michaell said:

Cool. Again, I'm looking for the MF and RV for a 2015 WRX for 36 mo. and 10K miles / year. Just curious...where are you able to get these numbers? I assume from the manufacturer? Thanks so much.

@sacamano said: Cool. Again, I'm looking for the MF and RV for a 2015 WRX for 36 mo. and 10K miles / year. Just curious...where are you able to get these numbers? I assume from the manufacturer? Thanks so much.

Base, Premium or Limited?

Stick or CVT transmission?

Sorry, Limited with Nav and 6 spd manual.

.00170 MF and 63% residual for 36 month, 10K/yr.

• rifenbugrifenbug Posts: 1
    edited June 4

I am going to look at a new base model tomorrow night. May I ask what this months values are for the base model? 36 month 12k per year.

@rifenbug said: I am going to look at a new base model tomorrow night. May I ask what this months values are for the base model? 36 month 12k per year.

66% and .00200

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• br58br58 Posts: 0

How about for base model 36mo/10k? Does MF stay at .00200 and the residual bump up to 67%? Thanks in advance, this is a huge help!

• 2panther2panther Posts: 20

I'm looking to lease a 2015 WRX Premium. The dealer just emailed me this info, look ok?

$343.11/month with $3k at signing 36 months 12k miles per year lease price $27716.00 MSRP $29325 Lease Factor 0.0023800 (is this correct for June?)

I'd like to roll the $3k into the payment so I'm figuring somewhere around ~$420?

@br58 said: How about for base model 36mo/10k? Does MF stay at .00200 and the residual bump up to 67%? Thanks in advance, this is a huge help!

WRX base 36/10 - .00200 and 67%, as you stated.

@2panther said: I'm looking to lease a 2015 WRX Premium. The dealer just emailed me this info, look ok?

$343.11/month with $3k at signing 36 months 12k miles per year lease price $27716.00 MSRP $29325 Lease Factor 0.0023800 (is this correct for June?)

I'd like to roll the $3k into the payment so I'm figuring somewhere around ~$420?

63% residual and either .00188 (stick) or .00185 (CVT) MF - looks like your dealer is marking up the MF on you for a bit of extra profit.

Using your MSRP and selling price with the .00188 MF I get a pre-tax payment (with $0 down) of $343.54. The inflated MF adds $23/month to the pre-tax payment.

edited June 19

@Michaell said: Using your MSRP and selling price with the .00188 MF I get a pre-tax payment (with $0 down) of $343.54. The inflated MF adds $23/month to the pre-tax payment.

I'm sorry Michaell, can you explain a bit more? With my vehicle price and the correct MF of .00188 you're getting the same monthly payment as the dealer came up with considering the same $0 down?

how do I approach the dealer about the inflated MF?

@2panther said: I'm sorry Michaell, can you explain a bit more? With my vehicle price and the correct MF of .00188 you're getting the same monthly payment as the dealer came up with considering the same $0 down?

how do I approach the dealer about the inflated MF?

I thought the offer from the dealer was $340/mo with $3000 down. That buys down the inflation of the MF.

I would inform the dealer politely that you will not sign a deal that includes an inflated MF. Then, contact a different Subaru dealer and see what they have to say.

@Michaell said: I would inform the dealer politely that you will not sign a deal that includes an inflated MF. Then, contact a different Subaru dealer and see what they have to say.

You're correct, I forgot about the $3k down. Are you numbers with that rolled in?

@2panther said: You're correct, I forgot about the $3k down. Are you numbers with that rolled in?

My numbers assume $0 down.

@Michaell said: My numbers assume $0 down.

can you let me know what the added $3k rolled in would run me? I want to go in guns blazing with numbers I've gotten here, a priceless resource for sure :)

@2panther said: can you let me know what the added $3k rolled in would run me? I want to go in guns blazing with numbers I've gotten here, a priceless resource for sure :)

$3000 / 36 = $83/mo reduction in payment.

• cnote2cnote2 Posts: 63

36m 12k limited rates? In pa

• junglebikejunglebike Posts: 4
    edited July 12

Looking for money factor and residual for 36 month 12,000 mile base 2015 WRX STI in CA.

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,312
    edited July 12

Need help evaluating your proposed WRX lease? Please gather the information below and include in your post:

1. Make, Model, Trim, Body Style. (see this link to build your WRX - and yes, this "form letter" form may be a bit redundant for the WRX, but go to town on the options).

2. State (MF and residuals may vary by region)

3. MSRP

4. Negotiated Selling Price or Net Cap Cost

5. Lease Term and Miles per Year

6. How much money is due at signing and breakdown of same (taxes, fees, down payment, etc.)

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.