Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





2015 Subaru WRX Lease Questions

2

Comments

  • junglebikejunglebike Posts: 4
    edited July 12

    Thanks; I can handle the evaluation, I'm just having trouble figuring out what the actual MF and Residual are in my market. Getting all kinds of answers from dealers. Edited my prior post for clarity.

  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,312
    edited July 12

    It's more of a crutch we're posting around the newer leasing discussions - your post just flopped the discussion up to the top of the page and caught my eye and my post wasn't really directed at anyone specific.

    And sometimes that info helps other posters (and @Michaell and @Kyfdx) zero in on a deal. I'd take a stab at it for the San Fran region, but trying to read the lease grid info we get isn't easy and I'd be sure to get it wrong. Best wait for the real answer, lol.

    Moderator
    Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

  • junglebikejunglebike Posts: 4

    Gotcha. If it helps, here's what I'm shooting for; I have a couple of quotes now but the dealers are not being transparent about breaking down the monthly payment as of yet.

    1. Subaru WRX STI. No options (or as close to none as possible)
    2. CA
    3. $35,290 with destination, according to Subaru website
    4. Hoping for $1500 off MSRP, (per TrueCar), though Edmonds shows a markup
    5. 36 months, 12,000 miles per year
    6. Zero down
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,951

    @cnote2 said: 36m 12k limited rates? In pa

    .00170 MF and 62% residual for stick-shift.

    .00165 MF for automatic.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,951

    @junglebike said: Looking for money factor and residual for 36 month 12,000 mile base 2015 WRX STI in CA.

    .00200 MF and 67% residual.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,312
    edited July 12

    Yep, half my guess was wrong (got the MF right). :'(

    Moderator
    Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

  • junglebikejunglebike Posts: 4

    Thanks! So far I have two dealer quotes: 70% residual at .00275MF (!?!), and 66% at .002. I'll keep working on them... that's a great residual.

  • isr007isr007 Posts: 8

    @junglebike said: Thanks! So far I have two dealer quotes: 70% residual at .00275MF (!?!), and 66% at .002. I'll keep working on them... that's a great residual.

    I got a quote here in FL on an STI... MSRP $38,599.00 36 is 67% 39 64% 42 63% money factor 0.00200

  • ohio79ohio79 Posts: 1
    edited July 31

    This is a great resource! Thank you for all the posts and insight!

    I'm working with a dealer here in Ohio and the quotes for a 36 / 42 month lease seem to be well above what others are posting on the forum. The Lease Payment Calculator from CarBuying Tips is leading me to believe that they're pushing up the MF to 0.0032 for the 42 month lease and 0.0034 for the 36. I responded to the dealer asking what MF their quote was based on...We'll see what they say. This will at least give me ammo to speak with another location.

    Those MF figures seem high, correct!?

    **EDIT **this is for a 2015 WRX Limited, manual, no options, 12k per year, 63% residual for the 36 and 58% for the 42.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,519

    @ohio79 said: This is a great resource! Thank you for all the posts and insight!

    I'm working with a dealer here in Ohio and the quotes for a 36 / 42 month lease seem to be well above what others are posting on the forum. The Lease Payment Calculator from CarBuying Tips is leading me to believe that they're pushing up the MF to 0.0032 for the 42 month lease and 0.0034 for the 36. I responded to the dealer asking what MF their quote was based on...We'll see what they say. This will at least give me ammo to speak with another location.

    Those MF figures seem high, correct!?

    **EDIT **this is for a 2015 WRX Limited, manual, no options, 12k per year, 58% residual for the 36 and 53% for the 42.

    36/15 - 60% residual and .00170 MF

    42/15 - 55% and .00160

    They may be using a finance company other than Subaru Motors Finance, and marking up the MF as well.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • sacamanosacamano Posts: 6
    edited August 2

    Are new numbers in for August? I'm looking for MF and Resids for:

    1) 2015 WRX Limited with Nav for 36 mo./10K mi/yr

    2) 2015 WRX STi standard for 36 mo./10K mi/yr

    Thank you!

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,519

    @sacamano said: Are new numbers in for August? I'm looking for MF and Resids for:

    1) 2015 WRX Limited with Nav for 36 mo./10K mi/yr

    63% and either .00170 (manual) or .00165 (CVT)

    2) 2015 WRX STi standard for 36 mo./10K mi/yr

    65% and .00200

    Thank you!

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • cuthbertcuthbert Posts: 13

    I'm looking at a 2015 WRX, premium w/the short shifter, sti exhaust, and a few other small add-ons. They gave me a vehicle price of 30,209. A total price of 32,647.28 after taxes and fees. I'm putting 3 grand down. I'm looking at a 36 mo/12k a year lease. They offered me 413-23$ a month as the payment with a money factor of 0.00238. Seems a little high to me. Is this a good offer?

  • cuthbertcuthbert Posts: 13

    Manual, premium

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,519

    @cuthbert said: I'm looking at a 2015 WRX, premium w/the short shifter, sti exhaust, and a few other small add-ons. They gave me a vehicle price of 30,209. A total price of 32,647.28 after taxes and fees. I'm putting 3 grand down. I'm looking at a 36 mo/12k a year lease. They offered me 413-23$ a month as the payment with a money factor of 0.00238. Seems a little high to me. Is this a good offer?

    Base MF for 36/12 on the Premium is .00188, so the dealer is marking that up on you for a bit of extra profit.

    RV is 63%. What is the MSRP?

    We recommend against putting down any money on a lease - if the car is stolen or totaled, you would be out that money.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • cuthbertcuthbert Posts: 13

    Waiting to hear back on the MSRP.

  • cuthbertcuthbert Posts: 13

    30,209 is the MSRP.

  • cuthbertcuthbert Posts: 13

    And he says that .00238 is the official Subaru number posted for this month. Pssh. Haha.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,519

    @cuthbert said: And he says that .00238 is the official Subaru number posted for this month. Pssh. Haha.

    Time to reach out to a different dealer.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • rennix1rennix1 Posts: 8

    Looking for September MF and resid on 2015 WRX Base. PMed you as well, but forgot to specify month! Do you have to wait until 9/1 for those?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,519

    @rennix1 said: Looking for September MF and resid on 2015 WRX Base. PMed you as well, but forgot to specify month! Do you have to wait until 9/1 for those?

    The current Subaru numbers expire on 9/2. The new numbers should be available the next day and we should have them not long after that.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • rennix1rennix1 Posts: 8

    What are the August numbers, just in case I buy before the new ones are released?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,519

    @rennix1 said: What are the August numbers, just in case I buy before the new ones are released?

    What lease term and how many miles per year?

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • rennix1rennix1 Posts: 8
    edited August 27

    36mo/12k likely

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,519

    @rennix1 said: 2015 WRX Base. 36mo/12k likely

    66% and .00200

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • rennix1rennix1 Posts: 8

    Hi, Looking for 36/12 and and 36/10 lease rates. Thanks!

  • vert310vert310 Posts: 4

    Hi guys what do you think of this lease deal?

    2015 WRX base with no options, stick

    MSRP---$27,125 Selling Price---$26,625 36 Months 12,000 Miles Per Year $399.12 Per Month/Due at Signing All Taxes and Fees Included -Doc Fee---$299 -NJ Tire Tax---$7.50 -NJ Registration---$300 -Bank Fee---$595 -Sales Tax---$914.68

    The money factor is .00180 and the residual is 64%. The disposition fee at the end of the lease is $350.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,519

    @vert310 said: Hi guys what do you think of this lease deal?

    2015 WRX base with no options, stick

    MSRP---$27,125 Selling Price---$26,625 36 Months 12,000 Miles Per Year $399.12 Per Month/Due at Signing All Taxes and Fees Included -Doc Fee---$299 -NJ Tire Tax---$7.50 -NJ Registration---$300 -Bank Fee---$595 -Sales Tax---$914.68 The money factor is .00180 and the residual is 64%. The disposition fee at the end of the lease is $350.

    I get a pre-tax payment of $336.53 when I use your numbers. If you are paying all your taxes up front there shouldn't be any increase to the payment I provided.

    Ask the dealer why there is a $60+ discrepancy in payment.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • vert310vert310 Posts: 4

    It sounds like all the taxes and fees are rolled into the monthly payment

2
Sign In or Register to comment.