Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

CX5 Touring 17" wheels on Mazda CX5 Grand Touring

mitchelldylanmitchelldylan Member Posts: 2
edited July 2014 in Mazda

I prefer the equipment on the CX5 Grand Touring but want 17" wheels for using the car in light snow and on unpaved roads were a higher profile all season tires would work better. And yes, the factory rubber on the 17" and 19" are middle of the road for quality. No surprise that better rubber is available aftermarket.

If I find a 17 inch wheels for sale from another CX5 or as a CX5 owner who wants to swap for 19" will there be any issues with having enough clearance for the brakes and suspension.

Also, mechanically is there any difference between the Grand Touring all wheel drive and the touring all wheel drive?*

Thanks

Answers

• Options
    microrepairmicrorepair Member Posts: 508

When I bought my 2009 Mazda6, I had the same concern when it came time to get snow tires (live in MA) and found that by going to Tire Rack and other online tire/wheel purveyors, many of them were able to tell me if a smaller wheel would work on my model. They also are able to recommend a tire size that will almost exactly match the circumference so that your speedometer will still be accurate. I bought a set of trims and tires from them and have had excellent results over the last 5 winters..