Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Rover Freelander

Comments

• lakewoodlakewood Posts: 26
    You can get the back seat up if you put pressure on the rear section and then lift up. Latching is tight.
  • busta5busta5 Posts: 9
    Actually this happenned twice and it was impossible to get the seat to release. The dealer couldn't get it to release without an actual repair. Of course this took an act of God. But maybe we should try something similar with the motor problems? This one wasn't tight, it was broken. Believe me, we tried everything possible to avoid having to deal with the service jerk. This level of vehicle should not have the myriad of problems it has. Land Rover needs to admit they have a lemon here. Like a damn YUGO for goodness sake. :sick: :lemon:
    Solon is an EXCELLENT DEALER. Give them a chance to help you. They are only as good as the factory they represent.
    They have a new service manager....new people and new people to give a change to help. I am in the process of getting legal help against the corpoation, not the dealer. They can only do what the factory authorizes. Seek legal help against the corporation and help the dealer help you. I agree, they should be a way better car. I fear what nmay happen when I get to your milage. I may double my oil change frequency as a stop gap measure.
    The Dealer Sales Dept. is excellent, the service dept. is terrrible and the manager is rude. I have four years experience with it. Given them many chances and walked away disappointed each time. Got rid of the Freelander and am glad to see the back of it. Now, I have already stopped two people from buying LR products and will continue to try to save anyone from the same hassles I have. I would not rate Solon as an Excellent dealer, I would say they are an OK DEALER WITH A LOUSY SERVICE MANAGER. :lemon: :lemon: :sick: :sick:
    Well, this change must have occurred within the last eight days? That is when I was asked if I was changing my own oil. No, still very serious problems there with customer relations in service dept. If the service dept. had been cooperative from the beginning with warranty issues and recalls then perhaps we would not have had the problems. But when you get a letter from LR announcing a recall and the dealer doesn't give a care, well it is actually the dealer that has the problem. It will be interesting to hear how your legal problems work out. I am driving a new car, NOT a Rover...NEVER AGAIN.
  • sinniksinnik Posts: 1
    Been reading your posts with interest. I purchased Disco Series II S 2003 new from Solon OH Davis Auto. Problems from the beginning with this car and the most important being the suspension lowering while driving. The service department is about as obnoxious as you can get. Never have I found them to be helpful and they always use the excuse about only being able to do what the factory authorizes. I found out too late that is the excuse they use without even checking with anyone. Maybe you will wake up and see the reality when YOUR car is out of warranty. You should fear what will happen when your mileage gets higher because once you cross that magic line of out of warranty their screw you attitude changes to hanging up on you when you call to not even trying to schedule you in. Why are you even considering changing your oil change frequency, if that is what the factory advises? That EXCELLENT service dept suggest that? If you do ANYTHING out of their recommendation they will use that against you but they will also take your moeny when you double the service. And new service manager? Ahhh, my car is there right now and they are the same bunch of winners I have been looking at forever. It sounds like they are stringing you along to get you out of warranty and you are following like a lemming. Be careful, I smell a naive trusting soul here. About to get screwed by a less than reputable dealership. They make money, not friends.
  • perez22perez22 Posts: 1
    Got an email yesterday morn with a link to this page. It is great to actually belong to a group of people that hate Freelanders. Don't need to post anything here about problems with my Junklander really because I will just be repeating almost everything I have read here. (Current issue is head gasket, yes...a 2003!) Only, I would say to be careful trusting a certain dealership since they are known for shoveling baloney to the customer. The waiting room has great hot chocolate, coffee and tv, even good magazines!!! But the best part is the conversation with other p-oed owners. Sometimes I think they are hard to get appts because they try to make sure certain people are not together at the same time. I have had success with the service manager because being persistent and loud has helped me but it still gets old. I have met some interesting people while waiting for nothing to happen at the garage. The last time I was there they said they didn't have a loaner for me to use, but when a group of us waiting started talking about our repeated problems, wala...zoom I had a car to wisk me off to the mall. His face went white when each of us said we would rather wait. What a bunch a bunch of operators. Sinnick, I know someone who got a buy back because of the same issue out of Akron dealership but it took a lot of work and legal fees. The dealership steps away once you go legal since they won't help go after their franchisor (take note here lakewood) and they become very aloof. My friends suspects that the dealer was actually working against them in reality but cannot prove it. They had suspension problems as well. Finally got an arbitration award for either a buy back or new car and they took the money and got the heck out of there. Found out after the fact that several of the same issues came out of that very dealership, but the dealer kept telling them they were the only one with the problem. Keep trying.
  • noconoco Posts: 3
    Just got off the phone with corporate, who informed me that based on the fact that the problems I've had over the past three years of ownership, there's nothing they can do about my engine seizing, assumably because it ran (or suddenly sprinted) out of oil. Has anyone had similar engine failures? It's stranded at Solon right now, but I got it at Westside, who is currently ignoring me. I can't afford to pay $5000 to replace the engine on a car that's worth only $10,000. I found this forum minutes ago and have yet to page through the hundreds (!) of postings to find out if I am alone in this world.
    Yeah, but, until I get a buy-back or whatever comes out of the hiring of a nationally known law firm, I am dependant on the dealer to keep me rolling. Getting loud does not work. The dealership is unshakable. It only upsets me, not them. Remember, the claim is against the manufacturer and not the dealer. Dealers can't buy back a car. The manufacturer can. I have mine back now for 3 days. I have an appointment Monday. 5 days up time. Poor. I can't say I hate the car. I wish it would just do what it is supposed to do...go places. :cry:
    I hired a law firm to pursue Land Rover based on my experience and the experience of all of you. I do believe I am doomed. We bought cars that don't work well and all the diplomacy in the world will not fix that. Diplomacy might make the process to come less painful. The question is what next. This is a little like those "divorce support boards." We need a divorce from our cars and it is going to cost us through no fault of our own. We trusted a company to provide a reasonble product. Mine is not reasonable. Nobody should have to come up with a special trick to get the back seat up. Should work. It is reasonable to expect. Bigger parts fail.
    Which law firm?
    I suppose I should clarify -- I am also in NE Ohio facing week four since my 2002 SE died. If you have a non-identifying email address, could you please send it so that we can discuss whatever action can be taken?
    http://kahnandassociates.com/

Kahn and Associates, Cleveland
    There is no way to share e-mail addresses via the forum. I checked settings. My 2005 is not drivable again. It sounds like the engine or trans mounts are failed or something. I will limp it to the dealer Monday or, tow it. Pretty unbelieveable. This has become a saga. :lemon:
    I am no longer going to participate in this forum. Now that I have moved to legal help, it is not a good idea. I need to let the lawyers do the work. :sick:
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,919
    If you don't mind being contacted by email, you can mark it public in your profile. Click on someone's name to get to their profile.

Good luck with the buyback and please let us know what happens with it.

Steve, Host
    :D My e-mail is now public.

I am running again. Missing bolt on motor mount this time. Guess I am still participating until squelched or something. I will try to keep it factual only so I don't get squelched.
    Buy back might be tough. We will see. Fixed profile. E-mail now public.