Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Dodge Journey SXT. Brake light comes on and electrical glitches

ncsweetiencsweetie Member Posts: 2
edited May 2014 in Dodge

We leased a 2014 Dodge Journey SXT in March. Since then the car has been in the repair shop 3 times for the same brake light and electrical issues. First the brake light comes on at random times. Second the gas gage went from full to half empty, dual AC temp changed from 65* to 80* for the rear. These issues started around 1000 miles. The dealership has " fixed" the problems, or have tried to fix them. Software updates for AC and gas gage. Many parts changed and rechanged for brake light. I've even called Chrysler for help and they started a "Star claim".....the dealership service rep states they are in constant contact with Chrysler engineers getting advice and such. If this was just a "radio hic-up" I'd not be overly concerned. But it's the brakes. There hasn't been a lost of braking as of yet. BUT.....due to the GM recall, which took them 6 years to admit to a problem, this is starting to wear thin. Has anyone else had any issues with the above problems, any suggestions? I have a rental from the dealership and they are picking up the cost of it except for additional insurace that mine doesn't cover....$$$ is adding up. Now on week 2 of the 3rd visit......

Comments

• ncsweetiencsweetie Member Posts: 2

OK, so I'm going to give you the low down that I got from the dealership today. It's the electrical harness....and some circuits....well heck, I mentioned that they should check the elecrical harness on the 6th when I took the car in for repairs and several times since them.....finally they did it.....give the girl a parade.....I did some research and asked some guy friends for advice....so....tomorrow I'm picking up the car and all issues are suppose to be resolved.