Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Altima

Comments

• An Accord will hold it's value better than a Camry. Camry's value may be higher but Camrys are usually more to begin with.
  • some of the Accord's that we looked at were more than some of the Camry's. Why do you say it will hold it's value better?
  • cfocfocfocfo Posts: 147
    You mentioned your 45 sec test drive at Nissan, my experience at the Nissan Dealership wasn't the best either. The whole time in there the sales managers in the middle of the show room looked like hungry sharks in a tank. You could feel the presure they were putting on their salesman, which in turn, the salesman then directed that pressure on me.

The 3 or 4 other dealerships I went to were extremely courteous, even Honda, with their cars being in such demand.
  • The Accord may have been more but the Camry may not have had equal options. A loaded Camry XLE V6 with NAV will be $31,484 while the Accord will be $28,000. That's over $3000 grand difference. An Accord LX is $100 cheaper than a Camry LE. A 2000 Camry LE with 30,000 miles in good condition has a trade value of $9260 according to kbb while a 2000 Accord LX with 30,000 miles is worth $10,220.

But this is the wrong room for this...
  • ultimaultima Posts: 96
    Altima, Camry, and Accord -- obviously decided on the Altima.

But I will say this, of the three, Honda was willing to negotiate the LEAST of the three, and Toyota the MOST of the three -- Nissan was in middle... at least where I live in Los Angeles.

I thought the Accord drove better than the Camry, but its styling was a little bland for my taste.

The Alty gave me the styling, V6 punch, handling, etc. I was looking for, and by adding the two-tone aftermarket leather (only $850) it changed the whole "feel" of the interior.

All three are great cars... Congrats again on your Camry!!!
  • Thanks and congrats on owning an Altima! Even though I didn't buy it, I still like it!
  • lsclsc Posts: 210
    You're decision looks like it was more of a no brainer than I had ever imagined. That Nissan dealer's salesman doesn't deserve to sell even one car.

Once again, congrats on the Camry. I would have done the same thing under the circumstances.
  • tpg5tpg5 Posts: 3
    What color two tone leather did you get and does the dealer charge you installation charge on top of the price of the leather, and wha kind of deal did you get $$$$ ? Enjoy your ride!!
  • maxamillion1maxamillion1 Posts: 1,467
    A lady that is friend with many of much of my family, just brought a new Altima 2.5SL. It's loaded with all the options. She has the sunroof, and heated front seats. It's very nice. It has the splash guards and sunroof visor. The color is Super Black, and I think the leather is Charcoal.

Jack (her name) came by my house Sunday night, but I was STILL at work! I hate I missed her, but I am sure I'll catch her before the week's out.

I can't wait until I get my new car!
    "What color two tone leather did you get and does the dealer charge you installation charge on top of the price of the leather, and wha kind of deal did you get $$$$?"

The color's are kind of hard to describe, but I'll try:

1st tone: Kind of a gray/green
    2nd tone: Kind of a gray/white

If you've ever checked-out the colors in a Lexus, I kind of copied those... and when they installed it, they kind of gathered/pleated the leather -- similar to the pleated/curtained leather on doors of the Camry. If you want to email me, I'll be happy to send you a picture... Looks NOTHING like the stock Nissan leather and WAAAAAAY better.

I tell everyone now -- if you want leather, get the aftermarket leather... a lot better than the factory leather, and can save you money without having to buy all the things that come with the "leather package" if they're things you don't care about.

The dealer doesn't actually install the leather -- they sub-contract it out to other companies. Total charge (I have the invoice) was only $850.

As for the car, including the leather, tax, lic, etc. I paid $25,000 OUT-THE-DOOR (made the dealer back into the price)... It's a Silver 2002 Altima 3.5SE V6.

Hope this helps.
  • pda97pda97 Posts: 88
    I believe you. I was at a Honda dealership yesterday test driving the new V6 Accord. It was raining cats and dogs outside. The car was so fast and agile, I was able to dodge all the rain drops. Not ONE single rain drop hit the car ! It was as dry as a bone when I drove it back to the lot. This is an AMAZING car. Thank God for Honda !!!!
  • cjs2002cjs2002 Posts: 341
    Greatings and Salutations,

I've been searching for a new car for over a year now. I originally went out with my grandfather, since I'm only 19 and it seamed to me that no dealership wanted to pay me the time of day. well anyways he took me to a Nissan Dealership, and to say the least I wasn't to thrilled. but then when I walked through the doors and say the new Altima I about did a flip. yet now I'm in a delema I like the Altima 2.5sl very much but keep on looking and keeping up with the newest info for many of the other sedans. yet I keep on goin back to the altima but still have my concerns about getting the best car. I currently have a 92 buick lesabre and have 160,000 miles on it and it still runs great. but due to the fact that I want a new car and that my dad is taking this one I figured it was time to look. I've researched hundreds of sites. Yet I've found cars that I like but I'm afraid because like the Infinity G35 is rear wheel drive. and My father tells me I don't want a RWD car in the winter and they are horrible. Can anyone give me there opinions on what type of car I should go for .... THANX
    Greatings and Salutations,

I was reading some of the earlier comments about the altima and was quite surprised by one of them. and that delt with the instalation of the aftermarket leather. leather is something I'd really like to have in the car yet I didn't want to go to the SL model... but didn't have the money for the 3.5 W/ leather option.... my question is how do I go about getting after market leather... will the dealership do it or do they try and fast talk there way out of it... how much does after market cost and does it hold up as well as the factory installed leather... (if not holding up better in fact) Thanx
    Greatings...

I'd like to hear from anyone and everyone conserning there veiws and opinions of the 03 altima (s , sl, or se). I'm considering buying one and I'd like to know what people like and dislike about either the 02 or 03 altimas...
    thanx
  • Response to cjs2002...After Market Leather-

I just leased a 2003 Altima 2.5S and added after market leather seats. Most Nissan dealers should have connections with vendors who will install the leather seats. In the Indianapolis area, there is one Nissan "approved" vendor. If this vendor is used, Nissan will "residualize" the cost of aftermarket leather in a lease (I'm told up to a maximum of $1,000). If the Altima lease is based upon a 50% residual value, the residualized leather will only cost you 50% of the cost of leather over the term of the lease. If you purchase instead of lease, you will probably have a wider choice of vendors. Just for a point of reference, the preferred vendor in this area is charging $1,050- 1,100 for the leather in the Altima.

I have been told that after market leather is usually a higher qaulity leather than that installed by Nissan in the Altima. I will pick up the car in a week, so I can't give a personal testimonial yet.
    I can tell you first hand, the "aftermarket" leather is MILES better than the stock leather from Nissan.

I had this done to my Altima 3.5 SE V6 -- I have the invoice... Total cost was $850. The Dealer doesn't actually do it, they sub-contract it out to a local company... I would ask the Dealer if they can tell you who does their leather work, maybe even show you some work (if they have any on site), go to the company and ask to see some of their work, or even ask the Dealer for the phone numbers of a customers who had it done and ask them.
  • Can the Single CD player in the Altima play CD-R and CD-RW? Did anyone try that?
    I doubt CD-RW's... but it can play CD-R's depending on the file type on the CD-R.

Example:

CD-R with MP3 format files = NO

CD-R with CDA format files = YES

** Note: CDA format files are the standard type of files on any music CD.

If you have "Easy CD Creator", you could convert your MP3's to WAV files, then simply ad them to the CD you're trying to create and "Easy CD Creator" will automatically convert WAV files to CDR files. (Also, you need to "finalize" or "close" the CD in the software before it can play in a standard CD player).

Hope this helps...
  • ashutoshsmashutoshsm Posts: 1,007
    Easy CD Creator (and just about every CD burning program on earth) does NOT NEED .wav format files to make audio cds - you open/create your project as an audio cd, and just plunk in (drag-drop) the MP3 files. It'll create an audio CD.
  • Hi,

Just getting my money back from my Lemon (2001 Monte Carlo) and I am thinking about Nissan. I found a GREAT deal on a 2002 maxima loaded with 20k miles. Trying to decide between that and a new Altima. The Maxima is a smooth ride, but the 2.5 Altima feels very similar to my monte carlo. I am going to test drive a camry this week. I am holding back on the Maxima mainly because of the new design....what do you guys think??