Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Altima

Comments

• ahossaahossa Posts: 152
    The mystic Emerald is a very elegant looking car. The Sonoma will be very flashy and attactive. Both are very appealing. If you are young I will say The Sonoma. If you are in your 40s I will go with the Light green.
    was anyone able to find a cargo mat for te trunk?
  • maxamillion1maxamillion1 Posts: 1,467
    Isn't it funny...those are my two exact FAVORITE colors!

I tend to like Mystic Emerald slightly more. Mystic Emerald looks very elegant and classy...Sonoma looks classy as well...but it's something about Mystic Emerald that I really like.

Anyway, get the color that looks the best to you. I like them both...but I like Mystic Emerald just a little more.
  • It appears that they only change to the 2004 model Altima is a new colour. Smoke Grey.
  • s852s852 Posts: 1,051
    Yes, the bigger changes (new grill, taillights and interior) are not until the 2005 model.
  • ashutoshsmashutoshsm Posts: 1,007
    ... for getting away with selling (very well, I might add!) a car with a substandard interior for 3 whole model years!
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    I think the Sonoma Sunset color is AWESOME. I'm a fan of darker colors, and I wish Nissan had a deep navy available on its cars instead of that crayon looking blue they have available on the PF, the Sentra, and the Altima. Anyway, if there was a color like Sonoma Sunset available on the Sentra when I bought it, I would have chosen that. (The red offered, "Inferno", I believe, just doesnt have it").

Re: interior--- a lot of people do not have an issue with the Altima's interior, and many like the design, if not the matierials. Its a very good car at a fair price. It was marketed well. It is stylish and caters to those who need room but also want sportiness (rules out the smaller Mazda 6). Thats why it sells.

~alpha
    Hopefully the car will receive the change soon. But the problem is that now Nissan and Toyota will update there cars at the same time. 2005 will be an interesting year. Isn't the new Passat out by then as well.
    is worse than competing cars, but the overall car is a huge improvement on the super-crappy 2nd generation Altima.
  • 2004 Info from Autospies.com:

Enhancements to the 2004 Altima:
    ·4-cylinder models will meet the latest U.S. federal governments emissions standards (FED Tier2 Bin5) and those units sold in California (and other states with California-certified vehicles) will meet PZEV standards (late availability)
    ·New exterior color – Smoke
  • sandman46sandman46 Posts: 1,798
    We have this car and really like it alot. It handles nicely and is quite comfortable, especially with the power drivers seat. Ours is Titanium Frost and it always looks good, clean or dirty.

The wife chose the car for her daily driver and after 2 years, she still thinks it's great, and you know what they say about a happy wife...!

The Sandman :-))
    But the 2nd generation had it all over the 3rd generation interior materials wise.
  • vocusvocus Posts: 7,777
    You think the 2nd generation was nicer than the 3rd inside? I have to disagree. The 2nd generation's interior reminded me too much of the Sentra's when I drove one back in 2000. At least the 3rd gen's has style, if not the best materials inside.
    Was the best for its time. It went down hill with the restyling and decontenting.
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    Yea, theres nothing like those Mike Tyson punch out passenger side airbags....

There is no doubt in my mind that the current Altima is far and away the best generation overall, as it should, IMO, be (newer, in theory, should always be better).

~alpha
    I said "for its time." Of course the current ones are better and more modern now. The 2nd generations were the bad versions especially in styling.
  • vocusvocus Posts: 7,777
    ... debuted when Nissan tried cost cutting. Remember, the same year the bland Mazda 626 debuted as well. The economy was bad back then, so I blame both cars on that factor.
  • paula0612paula0612 Posts: 12
    i was just wondering if i should have my dealer locate a 2003 Nissan Altima SL in the color that i want or should i waite a bit longer and order a 2004. (though there are no major changes between the two years). thanks Paula
    You will be puchasing a 1 year old car if you buy now.Also you will be loosing out on the 1 year warranty. Warranty goes like this: 3years or 36,000 miles whichever comes first.yours will end 2006. If u buy 04 it will end 07. Which color R U leaning towards?
  • rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,476
    "Warranty goes like this: 3years or 36,000 miles whichever comes first.yours will end 2006. If u buy 04 it will end 07."

Huh?
    Thought it was always from date of purchase?
    So - would not matter - if they happened to have an 04 and an 03 on the lot - either one you bought, you'd have exactly the same length of coverage. Am I missing something here - specific to Nissan - or the Altima????
    - Ray
    Confused . . .