Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Enclave Power steering issues

hatchd0ghatchd0g Member Posts: 3
edited May 2014 in Buick

My 2010 Enclave is recently out of warranty (~58K miles) and the power steering now has developed a significant problem. The steering will randomly seem to lock up for a split second and then release. I've almost wrecked twice now and don't feel safe letting my wife and kids travel in this vehicle. I see there is a class action lawsuit filed against GM specifically for this issue, but no recall. My question is: will GM standby their product and fix this issue even now that the vehicle is out of warranty? I dropped the car off this afternoon and they are going to charge me $134 "diagnostic fee." Given all the issues I see with the power steering in these vehicles, it seems insane to charge a huge fee to see why a 3 and a half year old vehicle won't turn properly. My 12 year old 4Runner has never had any problems and has 100K+ miles. Any advice (besides the obvious - don't buy another GM vehicle) would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• emardiniemardini Member Posts: 8
    Just purchased a 2008 Enclave with 113000 miles on it, I took it for inspection and it has oil leaks in the front timing cover, the rear seal and is leaking in the steering gear. The dealer (Perry Buick in Norfolk) is charging me a ridiculously high amount of money to repair these leaks: $3000, Other than that I will need to replace struts ($650) and axle ($650).

To fix my steering pump noise they are charging $1300, way too much!!

I should say that I feel like the dumbest person in the world for having purchased this car. I have a Hyundai with more than 1700000 miles and none of this issues.

What is your advise? What should I do?