Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Sequoia Accessories and Modifications

Comments

• I'm having the same problem. I do have acouple of questions I'm hoping you can help me with?

1. Should the DVD monitor come on automatically when I put in a DVD?....I can hear it through the speakers but not see it.

2. I went to Bestbuy last night and purchased a Sony unversal remote, but I didn't know which codes to use. I noticed there was a factory remote on Ebay and I emailed the guy to ask what the mfg was....he quoted me matsushita, which turns out to be Panasonic. I tried the DVD and the Tv codes for Panasonic, but had no luck.

Based on your previous post, should I be using the DVR codes and not the TV/DVD codes?

It does have the learn feature on it, but won't get an opportunity to go there for a few days.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Mike
  • tzkwy7tzkwy7 Posts: 1
    I have been trying to get the wiring harness installed on my 2003 sequioa , both the dealer and trailer company have told me this is a major undertaking. can you send me your photos and any additional information that you might have. thanks ron
  • Ron,

Are you talking about the harness in the rear for the trailer hook-up or are you referring to the wiring harness up front to control electronic braking module?

Mike
  • lait2000lait2000 Posts: 33
    Ron,
    I have all pictures ready to send you but I don't have your email address. I also have a use spare TOYOTA wiring for trailer hitch in very good condition, cost me $35. If you interest let me know. you will pay shipping cost for about 3 or 4 bucks. I also installed 10.4" ROSEN Entertainment system on my TOY. This is a high quality product that I recommend. This is very nice. I wish I can send you all information to you now. Do not let them ruin your car and spend too much for this simple thing that you can do it by yourself. Please let me know.

This is a first time I tried to upload the picture on this forum. If come out OK then I will post more soon.
    OK here are all pictures related to Towing harness and DVD system:
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Click the "Help" link at the bottom of this page for instruction on posting pictures. Our carspace.com makes it even easier to post pictures. Check it out!

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    I hope this can provide more pictures
  • steverstever Ex Yooper, en route to New MexicoPosts: 40,506
    It looks like you are trying to paste a photo from your hard disk to the forum - you may be able to see it locally but the rest of us can't see the photo.

You need a place to "host" the pic on the net - like your CarSpace page as Tides said. Once you upload your photos to a hosting site, then you can link to the photos.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• smitty64smitty64 Posts: 4
    How did you program the remote? I tried to do this but it did not work. I have the Philips learnable remote and it would act like it received the new code from the dealer remote, but it would not turn on my entertainment system. HELP!!
  • I gave up and bought a factory remote on eBay. $135
    Looking for a new remote to replace the one for your Toyota factory installed rear seat entertainment system, you have to call Amy at remotes.com (1.800.REMOTES) and ask her for the clone remote. I got one from her and it worked like a charm, plus it costs $40.00, not $240.00 that toyota wants for a new one!!
    I found one that works for $40.00!!!! Call Amy at remotes.com (1.800.REMOTES)and ask her for the clone remote that works for the Toyota rear seat entertainment. Be sure to note that the slide down cover on the front of the remote hides the keys you need to operate the system. $40.00!!!!!!! There was no way I was going to pay Toyota $200.00 plus for a remote. Thanks Mr. Gore for "inventing" the internet!
  • wagl2daywagl2day Posts: 1
    Hi there. :) Just purchased a sequoia and wondering if the info regarding the override of the nav sys went well? Just do not wish to get locked out completely so thought I would ask 1st. And is there anything else I should know B4 tampering with the system. Tnks a bunch! :D
  • kimmi3kimmi3 Posts: 3
    Have a white '04 and looking for a white-colored hood bug shield...anyone seen them or do I have to purchase clear and get painted?
  • kimmi3kimmi3 Posts: 3
    I have a back system..think it's factory by Prono name(is on the little black rubber strip on bumper). I bought this '04 from a dealer about 4 weeks ago. One of the strips is torn and want to replace.....anyone heard of this system?
  • skavrosskavros Posts: 1
    Did you ever get your answer?
  • abbylouabbylou Posts: 33
    Have a 2007 Sequoia Limited 4x4 and was thinking about purchasing the optional aluminum skid plate. Is it worth installing as a preventative measure, or is it just decorative? Any others out there that have installed this item?
  • ggesqggesq Posts: 701
    My wife has one on her Sequoia and imho- it's purely decorative. I do like the way it looks on it though. ;)
  • We have a '02 Sequoia, and within the last week or so noticed that the front factory speakers are blown. We have the JBL 3-in-1 premium sound system. I contacted Crutchfield about potential replacements, and got a response (recommended 5-1/4" Infinity speakers--not 6-1/2" due to power requirements). When I went to the local car stereo shop, the tech there indicated that I would either have to replace the entire system, or replace the front speakers with replacements from Toyota. It has been a long time since high school and installing car stereos, and I know a lot has changed, but I just didn't believe the local tech. Sounded too odd to me. Anyone have any knowledge about this? Appreciate your help in advance.
  • gagricegagrice San DiegoPosts: 28,991
    After one day driving our new Sequoia I am thinking the OEM NAV is less than great. No XM tie in available from Toyota. No elevation. What kind of GPS has no elevation readout? This is just after one day of driving. It did find the places we drove and that was fine. It is not worth close to what Toyota sells them for.
  • ymkymk Posts: 3
    Does anyone know where i can buy 2005- 2007 Chrome side mirrors covers for Sequoia as i searched online, and found nothing of this product?
    Bought a 2007 Sequoia and was not really ready to pay what Toyota wanted for the DVD/Nav since all I wanted was the Nav, but can the dealer install the Nav after the fact? I have the 10 speaker JBL system. I thought about the portable, but like having the dash clear.
    DVD/Nav come as combo package in dealer, i also have 2007 Sequoia and my portable GPS works pretty good in my dash, just go for bigger screen at least 3.5". The fixed one can not be updated as roads always being changed in the States.
  • trebor129trebor129 Posts: 176
    I added Sonar into the bumper and posted that in another area with pics.

I also have DVD/LCD headrests on the way.

I did a Homelink(R) rear-view auto dimming mirror install.

Now I did the Python 990 remote start and two-way alarm.

To test it I first I walked to the most true line of sight I could get -- 700 yards or so according to the laser rangefinder. Then I walked further and further. I lost line of sight but wrote down street intersections. It seemed like I walked forever so remind me not to walk that far again in 36 degree temps. I got 2054 yards or 1.17 miles out of it, according to google-earth. So I am stunned -- I was able to verify a mile. I have no doubt that true line of sight without a bunch of houses in the way would have gone further. Not that this is a reliable range of course, but it worked.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8958/rangecr1.jpg
    There is a side-effect of my remote-starter and my Toyota. The Toyota leaves the headlights on if you shut off the engine and sit in the car. So if you turn on the car with the remote starter, and then decide to shut it off from the remote starter -- the lights never turn off as the car thinks someone is inside.

I think the fix is to reprogram the car. The owner's manual has two custom settings that seem relevant. One is how many seconds from when you close the door to when the lights go off. Default is 30 seconds but a Toyota dealer can change it to 0. I don't think that will help though as the door is never open and closed. The other setting will make it so that the lights are off when the engine is shut off. I assume that will fix it. While I am at it, there is an option to disable the seat-belt buzzer.
    GPS works pretty good in my dash? So, did you mount in your dash or is it up on windshield or dash top? I am just wondering if there is something out there since i refused to pay the $1800+ they wanted for the DVD/Nav....Wish they just had the Nav pkg when I purchased....
  • What has your experience been with cargo rocket type boxes in the Sequoia? I am considering buying a Yakima SkyBox Pro 21 that will be 21 cubic feet (92” x 36” x 18”). Do any of you have a box like this? How has it impacted your gas mileage and what kind of noticeable noise comes from the addition of the box if any?
    Thanks in advance,
    Robert
    my GPS has been mounted on windshield, it is very visible to me even under bright day, i mean it depends on which brand you are going to buy. Why pay for only single Nav pkg over thousand dollars at dealer. Mine is just $250.
    Portable GPS has two issues.

1. It is a magnet for window smashers.

2. If it loses reception, it stops working. The factory nav is tied in to the wheels. There are (I think) some portables now that have accelerometers.
  • Has anyone found any places to get accessories for the 08 Sequoia? In particular, I need a bug shield. It looks like Toyota may not have theirs ready for a few months. I hate driving around with out one, as my last SUV got several dings and windshield ships from rocks on the interstate.