Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Sequoia Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• jbanvillejbanville Posts: 20
    First, to 'fatty': That won't work. If you ever accelerate hard, the seat that is folded up will fall back and crush whatever is under it. And I have never checked nor noticed an part of the seat bracket becoming too hot to touch.

Anyway, I cotacted Toy corporate about my dissatisfaction with our '04 2wd Seq. It makes a rubbing sound w/ vibration from the front end when it rolls through a turn at any speed. The dealer heard/felt it, and replaced the front wheel bearings. They said another Seq. on their lot does it, so they think it is normal, but my OEM Bridgestones may be making it worse. After contacting Toy corporate, the local dealer is going to do some more research to see if they can track down any more complaints or figure out what is wrong.
  • jeannejeanne Posts: 2
    I am considering a Sequoia; I use an SUV to deliver wedding cakes and other desserts. I need a second row seat to be flat (no incline) and I've had to rule out Highlander, Pilot, MDX, BMW, etc. because the only vehicle I've found is the Jeep GCherokee which I will never buy again.
    Could current owners let me know how the seats work? Thanks, Jeanne
  • jbanvillejbanville Posts: 20
    Get a van.
  • bp3959bp3959 Posts: 156
    The second row is a 60/40 split fold, both of them fold up against the front seats and can be tied in that position.
  • petro33petro33 Posts: 192
    The second row of seats do tumbes forward and are held in place by a strap. But that strap CAN come loose loeing everything on the floor. How about the sion, they have the small car with huge cargo space.
    If you have problems with the straps coming loose, just move from seats forward and inch, strap the second row tight, and move the from seats back and it'll never come loose.
    Good suggestion and I'll use that on the drivers side. Unfortunatly where we alomoist always strap up the second row is the one behind the passengers side and my wife likes to change positions on the seat on long trips, making this technique hard.
  • m0000m0000 Posts: 5
    Hey toyonoise, I've experienced this drivetrain rumbling/vibration as long as I can remember (25k miles now) but only really pinned it down to the drive train on a recent road trip.

The dealer felt it on the highway and is giving me the old "that's normal" BS.

Can you let me know the email address you used to get accountability at Toyota? I'm not sure where to escalate this. neko(at)krweb.net
    Thank you!
  • raymurraymur Posts: 29
    Just had the windshield replaced on my 2001 sr5. The new upper molding has a 1/4 inch gap between the top of the molding and the edge of the roof,it is not the same as the original molding. Installing Glass company indicates that this is the correct molding.
    My feeling at this point is that the glass company installed it incorrectly because the part number they used,for the molding, is correct. The glass company refuses to correct this problem. Has anyone one else had a similar problem?
  • hogtiedhogtied Posts: 1
    I just bought an 04 Limited and on a 1200 mile trip noticed a vibe in the floors also, just thought it was me. I traded off my 95 T100 and it had a vibe at 3000 RPM, sitting still or driveing down the road. Dealer changed the muffler and it never did go away. 85,000 miles later it was still there. This Sequoia sure has the power, ride and quality I expect from Toyota. If anything does go wrong I know Toyota will be there, big thing is pick the right dealship with a service department you trust.
    Yes, I've noticed it and have it on my list of warranty items at the dealer. I'll write a summary of how that is handled.
    Sounds like your T100 had either worn or broken motor mounts.
    Not sure if this is what you want, but you'll get a much more pronounced engine rumble with the tip pointed at the ground.
    The rear window probably can't utilize an auto-reverse because it's quite a bit heavier than the rest of the windows. The sensitivity of the obstruction detection would have to be turn down so much to allow the window to go up that it would cause injuries before being triggered.
  • sharkshark Posts: 2
    First of all.... I love my 2002 Sequoia Limited (40k miles) and still going. However, I would like to change a couple of things. Has anyone tried to reduce the amount of cabin noise? The rear of the vehicle seems to really have a lot, especially when the engine is pulling hard. Also, can anyone get better the 15.5 MPG. This is my calculation not what the computer displays.
    Just turn up the radio :) Kidding aside, probably the only way to do something about the noise is to install some sound deadening material. You should be able to pick this up at most automotive shops, and it's pretty easy to get under the rear carpet. Take out the third row seats, then remove the flat piece of trim at the very rear of the floor(it's almost under the rear liftgate) and lift up the carpet, it's not attached in any way. When you're done, just tuck it back under the side trim and put everything back in place. As for gas mileage I'm not sure you have many options, but you could always check into some tires with less rolling resistance. The best way is to try and reduce weight, remove the third row seats and anything else you don't need. If someone here would be kind enough to answer, does having a bug shield on the hood improve the air resistance of the truck any?
    Good rustproofing will help sound deadening a lot.
    Dynamat urethane soundproofing helps. Patching tar, or mastic also.
    If that milage was city/highway combo you are doing better that me. My average is 12-13 in 75city 25 highway
  • sharkshark Posts: 2
    I checked with the local auto store to find some sound deadening material. My question is 'should I also put it up along the inside underneath the rear windows?'. How would I take the side (plastic) panels off without causing more problems?

As far as gas mileage, the 15.5 mpg is mostly highway. I get around 13 for city driving.
    Taking the interior trim off isn't the difficult part, it's getting it to go back on. If you don't have experience messing with vehicle interior trim pieces, I'm not sure I'd recommend practicing on a Sequoia as it's quite difficult to get everything put back perfectly.