Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Sequoia Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• pjbaileypjbailey Posts: 5
    2002 Sequoia Moon Roof opens after shutdown. Both dirver and passenger windows open as well. Is this an automatic setting I can change?

pjbailey
  • toyotakentoyotaken Posts: 897
    Are you meaning that you can still use the moonroof and window controls after you turn your ignition off? That is a "retained power" feature on the Sequoia. They will work for about 45 seconds or until either front door is opened as a convenience in case you forgot to close/open any of them. I don't know of a way to disable it. If this is not what you're asking about, please describe more in detail what you're asking.

Ken
    Ken,
    Thanks for responding.
    I just purchased a used Sequoia and when I shut down the engine sometimes the moon roof and the front tow windows open automatically after I am out of the vehicle. I suspect the previous owner may have set the "system" to act this way, but I have been unable to find it described in the manual. Any ideas?

pjbailey
    That's a new one to me, quite honestly with over 10years of working with Toyota's. Do you have a Oijua(sp?) board to see if casper is a resident? *LOL* In all seriousness, I'll check the manuals when I get into work tomorrow afternoon and see if I find anything.

Ken
    Ken,

Will check back tomorrow for your response.

<><
    pjb
  • Hi - I have a 2004 Sequoia SR5 with two VERY SMALL dents in the backseat door behind the driver's side. They are so small that you can't see them if you look directly at them ... but you can see them if you step back and look at them from the right angle. Anyway, I'd like to remove the inside panel and see what I can do with these from behind. Does anyone know how to remove this panel? Anything else I should know? Thanks!
    I'm still looking for an owner's manual, but from the people I've talked to, this is new to them as well. I don't know of a way to program or unprogram this. I'll continue to update you if I get any additional information.

Ken
    Ken,

Thanks. The local Toyota Dealership wants to keep it to try to see if there is a short in the wiring. Will post the results when I can get it to them.

<><
    pjb
  • kodmcckodmcc Posts: 4
    This is my second Sequoia as I've had an 02 replaced with an 04 due to drive train lemon issues. I've noticed that both of these vehicles have had a lot of corrosion on the battery terminals. Even the hold down brackets have corroded. Had to clean them twice in one year. Never had seen this amount on any other vehicle I've owned. Dealer just says clean it with no explanation. Has anyone else had this problem?
  • blackdog4blackdog4 Posts: 67
    Our 2002 Sequoia with 40,000 miles had the yellow engine warning light come on. All gauges were reading normal and a check under the hood revealed all fluid levels were normal. My wife took the truck in to the dealer yesterday and we paid $33 to be told that the gas cap was not tightened enough. When I was informed about this, a little light went on in my head as I believe this has been mentioned in the past in this forum. The interesting part of this is that the light first went on when we were in an isolated area with no dealer near by. The day before taking the vehicle in, I filled the tank myself, and tightened the cap the way I usually do. Also the light came on initially when no recent gas had been added. Make a mental note, it could save you $33.
  • 2002ts2002ts Posts: 2
    I tried to program a remote on a 2002 Sequoia I bought. I tried many times step 1 to step 7 but no response. After the on, lock, on and lock and pull key out. No response from the car. (no lock and unlock confirmation). Could this car has no keyless installed? I looked under the dash/stereo and see the wireless door lock receiver inside. Could this car has every components installed but mey be one wire unhook? When you want the option of keylee entry, the dealer will hook this wire and do the programming for you. Could any one tell me if this is toyota dealer secret?
  • 2002ts2002ts Posts: 2
    I checked on my 2002 Sequoia and it has theft deter. system but no keyless remote. I checked on factory manual and located the wireless door lock control receiver is installed. I tried to program it but with no response from the car after step 7. (pull out the key after on,loco,on,lock). Any one know what toyota dealer secret? Since it has the hardware in the car, could it poosible the need to plug in one unhook wire? Someone who works at toyota dealer service deparrtment can tell me this. Please
  • gaileegailee Posts: 1
    We've had exactly the same scenario. I am a woman with a little hand and usually open the door with two fingers. The handle cracked right in half. Have you had any luck getting the dealer to pay for this repair? It might as well have been built by Mattel.
    Gaillee
  • kurtwkurtw Posts: 3
    Update on vibration. Toyota regional rep (central atlantic) came to dealership to see the truck and determined that rear diff was heating up and causing vibration - rear diff and rear bearings replaced and vibration and humming sound have been corrected. I know others have experienced this (and regional rep indicated at least 3 to 4 others in region) - thought I would pass the "fix" along, as dealer (and I would admit me as well) was convinced that the problem was either front end or transmission. :)
  • tampamantampaman Posts: 9
    I have an '03 SR5 White with the silver over fenders and bumpers. Attemped to get a bottle of touch up at the dearler,,gave me number "UCAD7" at the silver color. Its not even close. Could anyone tell me if this is the right paint code for the trim. Appreciate any help.
  • tlettlet Posts: 3
    I just bought a 2005 Sequoia LTD with the JBL E7006 Sound system w/NAV and rear seat DVD system. When the ignition key is in the ACC position, the system operates great. However, when I start the vehicle I get very little sound (when I turn the volume to MAX I get a small amount of audio). Also, the DVD system does not work when the vehicle is running (again it works fine when ignition is in ACC mode). The head unit does not seem to sense that a DVD is in the player because when I hit the "disc" button on the head unit, it says "no CD". When I do this when the ignition is on "ACC", it works fine. The dealer just ordered a new amp, but they can't assure me that is the problem. Any ideas???
  • greysongreyson Posts: 6
    The dealer reset the computer that controls the transmission and they believed it helped. I drive the car and it has not helped. I think this is an issue with the new 5 speed transmission or the logic that controls it. I also think they know there is a problem but Toyota has not come up with a fix. This also happens on my daughter's 2005 SR5.
  • reesesmomreesesmom Posts: 1
    I just had to have my terminals cleaned as well. It was preventing my Sequoia from starting one morning. :( They gave no explanation either.
  • Ken,

Got the vehicle in to the Toyota dealership last week. They found a short in the driver's door. Everything works normal now. Thanks for your responses. BTW do you know of a store with an inexpensive set of floor mats and cargo mat for the 2002 Sequoia?

pjbailey
  • I HAVE A 2001 SEQUOIA WITH 65,000 MILES ON IT. IT RUNS LIKE A CHAMP AND HAULS LIKE ONE TOO. ANYWAYS, I HAVE NEVER CHANGED THE FAN BELT ON MY TRUCK, SO WHEN DO I NEED TO DO THAT...THANKS