Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Sequoia Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• hdfatboyhdfatboy Posts: 324
    I might try another dealer pointing out that the struts have been failing for some time. I would also get the Toyota Regional office involved. Hatch struts failing in 3 years is unacceptable and I really can't believe Toyota isn't going to back the replacement of these struts given the situation and timing you shared.
  • aliminalimin Posts: 67
    I have an '05 SR5 (72K miles) and took it to the dealer yesterday after the service engine and vsc/trac lights went on. They read the code and determined the charcoal canister needed replacement - to the tune of close to $500. After searching the forum , I found that the canister can be damaged over time by simply over-filling the gas tank (confirmed by the dealer). I don't recall "over filling" that much - if anything I might have pumped a bit more into the tank just prior to a long trip - and wonder if anyone else has had the issue and how Toyota dealt with it. Thanks.
  • raytmaraytma Posts: 1
    I have the same problem with my 2005 Sequoia. How do you move the window up? :confuse:
  • gobucs1gobucs1 Posts: 1
    Just purchased an 02 Sequoia. Not sure how the immobiliser works. Now engine will not start. Windows will not work. Believe somehow immobiliser is probably engaged, and will not allow engine to start. Any suggestions?
  • My 2002 rear hatch door handle is just hanging there. Please help me. I really do not have the money to take to a dealer, is this something I can do on my own.
    Thank you for any help on this.
    jgremillion
  • fredypalmafredypalma Posts: 1
    hi there, i would like to know whatever happened to your claim on 03 sequioa? i having pretty much the same problem with mine, plse let me know. thanks
  • katdogkatdog Posts: 3
    OMG! this actually worked!!! Thank you, we've tried everything to push the window up or down. We could not get it to work. Your 1,2,3 slam method worked perfectly!!!!

You saved us $$$$$$$ for GAS!
  • cat21cat21 Posts: 5
    Heaven if you haven't fixed your handle yet.I would strongly recommend you pay someone else, unless you have alot of time on your hand.The handle only cost around 60.00 from the dealer,but it took my husband and I about 3 or 4 hours to install.
    My 2002 Toyota Sequia's Vsc track system failed today and it was a beautiful sunny day. I was coming home when my Vsc track lights came on and my right front tire started grinding and trying to pull me to the right. I pulled into the turn lane and turned my vehicle off and back on, and the lights went off until I started driving again. I engaged slowly trying to get home because I was only a few miles away and it was almost 100 degrees outside. I made it home,but haven't taken my car to a shop yet I thought I would find out a little more about this before I put my suv in the shop. Any advice or tips
  • harboharbo Posts: 136
    Is this a 4WD? It sounds like the outer "U" joint failed (or) likely a wheel bearing or brake failure at that wheel. Did the brakes work. Was the grinding steady (wheel bearing) or cyclical ( the "U" joint).
    Please Post your outcome ..... I'm curious. I have 105K on my 2WD Sequoia, so far bullet-proof.
    I took my car to the dealer, at first he thought it was just dirt in my sensors. When he cleaned my sensors and checked the code on the computer again, he got a vsc sensor problem. My brakes never failed, but the vsc which stands for (vehicle stability control) was making my car pull hard right and trying to take me off the road. I borrowed the dealers loaner car which was a brand new 2008 Toyota Camry with only 3000 miles. Sweeeeet! Very pretty car, but the stereo sucked! One of the front speakers had already burst. Now getting back to my suv, the total price out the door with an oil change an incredible $640.00. Problem solved, love my car again!
    What did they repair ? To fix the pull and grinding ?
    My family and I will be going to Tennessee this summer. We'll be leaving June 27th and returning on the 4th. We will be staying in a nice three story cabin and enjoying Dollywood theme Park, mostly the water park. I guess we'll see Gatlinburg and let the kids see the water falls. Hopefully there will be a fireworks show at Dollywood before we leave. This is why the vsc had to work properly!
    What did they do to repair the vsc ? Thx .
    When I took my suv to the dealer, they replaced the vehicle stability control sensor.This was done on 06/17/08. I thought the problem was solved until yesterday on another beautiful sunny day on my way home on dry pavement traveling around 35mph. The system decided that I was sliding, and decided to try to take me off the road once more. This system controls your steering, brakes,and the engine speed. This is a very dangerous system, I would not recommend anyone to buy a car that has the ability to take control of the car for you! I really thought this was a safe car when I purchased it used, October of 2006. I did not know that it was going to try to kill me.To get a better understanding of this system, it is called electronic stability control. This system works with your abs system also. It was designed to help you when your car is sliding or skidding. One side of your brakes grab while the other brakes get more power. When the system fails,this also happens and tries to pull your vehicle off the road! Our vacation is scheduled for this Friday I'm taking my car back to the dealer today.
    Thanks for the update. We leave for Colorado next tuesday in our Sequoia. Please keep me informed of the outcome with the dealer and of course the VSC.
    THX /........
  • rtribblertribble Posts: 45
    Our Sequoia just turned 5,000 miles and the drivers side widow has started a loud squeaking noise when you raise or lower it.
    Are we supposed to lubricate the windows somehow? Never ever had this problem before and seems a little strange for such a new vehicle to be doing this.
    Any ideas?
  • kineokineo Posts: 7
    I found you all after the rear tailgate latch snapped on my '01 Sequoia. Why does the dealer Lynch Toyota Manchester, CT pretend they have never heard of this problem??? Bought my Sequoia 12/31/07 with 103K miles and now have almost 118K. LOVE everything about it except the e-brake but that's another ?.
    Anyway does anyone have any advice about "dealing" with the dealership and this "unknown problem". Also I have now read most of this forum and why doesn't Toyota recall this?
  • vmallarivmallari Posts: 4
    Toyota warranty coverage are usually 36000 miles or with in 3 years from date of purchase, which ever comes first. That should be covered since it only had 5000 miles.
  • vmallarivmallari Posts: 4
    This is one good example of normal wear and tear (118K) , but if your latch got out easily, it should be easily returned.