Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





2015 Mazda6 Lease Questions

2456

Comments

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,530

    @aschuger said: I'd appreciate it if you could post this month's residual and MF for both a 2014 and 2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring with 15k miles/yr in California.

    Also, when do you expect to get next month's numbers?

    I'm assuming a 36 monh lease term.

    2014 36/15 - 55% and .00030

    2015 36/15 - 57% and .00029

    I would expect to get the July numbers .... in July :-). Check back on or after July 1st.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • aschugeraschuger Posts: 15

    Thanks Michaell but you seem to have a different MF than kyfdx for this same car with the same lease term (15k 36 mo) in the same state.

    Kyfdx in a post on June 16 listed 0.00001 for MF instead of 0.00029. Do you get your numbers from a different source than Kyfdx?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,530

    @aschuger said: Thanks Michaell but you seem to have a different MF than kyfdx for this same car with the same lease term (15k 36 mo) in the same state.

    Kyfdx in a post on June 16 listed 0.00001 for MF instead of 0.00029. Do you get your numbers from a different source than Kyfdx?

    no, we have the same source. i just didn't look at the CA specific numbers; my apologies. his are correct.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • aschugeraschuger Posts: 15

    Thanks for clearing that up Michaell.

    What is the MF and residual for the 2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring with 15k miles/yr for 36 months in California? Kyfdx only provided the numbers for the 2015 model year.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,530

    @aschuger said: Thanks for clearing that up Michaell.

    What is the MF and residual for the 2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring with 15k miles/yr for 36 months in California? Kyfdx only provided the numbers for the 2015 model year.

    55% and .00001

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • turbocoopturbocoop Posts: 7

    kyfxdx, I have some numbers from a lease deal I came to today- they look good to me but this is my first lease so I have no idea if its fair, can you please let me know what you think?

    2015 Mazda6 Soul Red Grand Touring State - NY, 10K per year, 36 months MF- .00001 Residual Value - $18,316.55 (they didnt give me the percentage, I calculated it myself and got 59%) Base Price- $31,045 "Discount Price"- $29,333 Adjusted Cap Cost- $26,670 ($500 military rebate is the only discount I could confirm that I got)

    Monthly payments are $270.39 with a $500 down payment and $2,190.02 up front for tax, tag, and dealership fees. Does that look fair to you??? Thanks in advance

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,957

    @turbocoop said: kyfxdx, I have some numbers from a lease deal I came to today- they look good to me but this is my first lease so I have no idea if its fair, can you please let me know what you think?

    2015 Mazda6 Soul Red Grand Touring State - NY, 10K per year, 36 months MF- .00001 Residual Value - $18,316.55 (they didnt give me the percentage, I calculated it myself and got 59%) Base Price- $31,045 "Discount Price"- $29,333 Adjusted Cap Cost- $26,670 ($500 military rebate is the only discount I could confirm that I got)

    Monthly payments are $270.39 with a $500 down payment and $2,190.02 up front for tax, tag, and dealership fees. Does that look fair to you??? Thanks in advance

    .00001 MF and 59% are the correct numbers.

    If the price is $29,333, how did the adjusted CAP cost get down to $26,670? Frankly, this number seems wrong. If your upfront covers 1st payment, acquisition fee, doc fee and title/tag/license and tax.... then the CAP cost would have to be right at $28K to get a payment of $270.

    If the adjusted CAP really is $26,670, the the payment should be $233/mo.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • turbocoopturbocoop Posts: 7

    Thats what I was wondering. They didn't tell me the adjusted cap cost, I gave them all the numbers I wanted because I matched the discount from the last car (same model different color) to this one, which was cheaper, and got $26,670. The last car we agreed on was a base price of $33,120 and the adjusted cap they gave me after negotiating was $28,745- a discount of $4,375. I subtracted that same $4,375 from this car's base price of $31,045 to get $26,670, Ill ask them the adjusted cap cost of this car today. Thanks

  • turbocoopturbocoop Posts: 7

    I know how I messed up when calculating: when I got the terms from the first car I negotiated they gave me a residual of 54.769%, and I used that percentage when calculating the residual for this one, which gave me a lower value. There shouldn't be 2 different residuals for two cars of the year, trim and model right? Both 2105 Mazda6 GTs

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,530

    @aschuger said: Thanks for clearing that up Michaell.

    What is the MF and residual for the 2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring with 15k miles/yr for 36 months in California? Kyfdx only provided the numbers for the 2015 model year.

    55% and .00001> @turbocoop said:

    I know how I messed up when calculating: when I got the terms from the first car I negotiated they gave me a residual of 54.769%, and I used that percentage when calculating the residual for this one, which gave me a lower value. There shouldn't be 2 different residuals for two cars of the year, trim and model right? Both 2105 Mazda6 GTs

    All 2015 Mazda 6 Grand Tourings will have the same residual value.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • turbocoopturbocoop Posts: 7

    Thought so thanks

  • turbocoopturbocoop Posts: 7

    I went ahead and got it today but Im still confused about one thing and Im tired of staring at this paper because I cant figure it out: I told them I didnt want to pay anything up front except 1st months payment, dealership fees, tax/tags, etc... But on this it shows $1143.68 cap cost reduction- sounds to me like I paid $1143 to bring the cap cost down, right? They didnt mention that at all during negotiations, they just told me I had to pay $2190.02 up front (which became $2690.02 later after I chose to pay and extra $500 deposit because I didnt qualify for the college rebate of $500). So I paid $2690.02 yesterday, and the rest of the details are below:

    Gross cap cost: 29199.45 Cap cost reduction: 1143.68 Adjusted cap cost: 28055.77 Residual value: 18316.55 Depreciation: 9739.22 Rent charge: 16.42

    Total for monthly payments = 9755.64 / 36 = 270.99 per month

    Can someone please explain to me if I just paid for my own cap cost reduction without realizing it? I feel like an idiot for not catching this if thats the case. Thanks... I love the car so far BTW

    Capture1.JPG 189.3K
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,957

    Yes.. you have an $1143.68 Cap reduction, but if you want to parse it down, the rebate covers $500 of that.. If you had received the other $500 rebate, then that would have covered $1000 of it...

    So, they pretty much structured the lease without you paying a Cap Cost reduction, but as you noted, you didn't qualify for the $1000 rebate, only $500.

    On a lot of lease programs, rebates have to be used as a Cap cost reduction.... so, it appears that they followed your wishes (more or less), except for the extra $500.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • turbocoopturbocoop Posts: 7

    Ok thanks for clarifying, so basically I paid $643 as a cap cost reduction, $2048 for all the other fees and sales tax, and got an additional $500 rebate as a cap cost reduction.... That isnt such a bad deal I guess, do you think I did alright? Im just annoyed that they snuck that cap cost reduction into my payment without telling me about it. Even if I did qualify for both rebates that means I would still have paid $143...

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,530

    @turbocoop said: Ok thanks for clarifying, so basically I paid $643 as a cap cost reduction, $2048 for all the other fees and sales tax, and got an additional $500 rebate as a cap cost reduction.... That isnt such a bad deal I guess, do you think I did alright? Im just annoyed that they snuck that cap cost reduction into my payment without telling me about it. Even if I did qualify for both rebates that means I would still have paid $143...

    That sounds about right.

    You'll be happy with the car long after you've forgotten about the deal structure. Enjoy!

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • turbocoopturbocoop Posts: 7

    Good point. Im very happy with the car already

  • largebreadlargebread Posts: 5

    kyfdx - can I get your thoughts on this lease offering? 2015 Sport automatic. MSRP 23,690. $0 down. 12K/36Mo. Taxes (NY=7.375%), fees, DMV included. $285/month. Also dealer says $300 lease termination fee @ turn-in....can that be negotiated away??

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,957

    @largebread said: kyfdx - can I get your thoughts on this lease offering? 2015 Sport automatic. MSRP 23,690. $0 down. 12K/36Mo. Taxes (NY=7.375%), fees, DMV included. $285/month. Also dealer says $300 lease termination fee @ turn-in....can that be negotiated away??

    The disposition fee is standard on all Mazda Finance leases. Can't do anything about that. Do you know the selling price or CAP cost?

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • largebreadlargebread Posts: 5

    @kyfdx Sales price is $22,600. And I believe acquisition fee of 595 and other fee (DMV etc) approx 170 also need to be added.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,957

    @largebread said: kyfdx Sales price is $22,600. And I believe acquisition fee of 595 and other fee (DMV etc) approx 170 also need to be added.

    Not knowing every little number, I can still come up with a payment within $10/mo. or so... so, the deal looks solid. All you have to come up with is the 1st payment? The 2015 Mazda 6 lease program in selected states (including NY) is extremely strong... free financing and a high residual.. you just can't beat that combination.

    If you have issues with staying under 12K/yr, it's only a 1% drop in residual to go with 15K mi/yr.... Only $8/mo. more...

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • inwesterinwester Posts: 14

    I've been helped by Michaell in the 2014 forum, I should've really posted here.

    Leasing a Mazda 6 Grand Touring with Technology Package (MSRP 33,420) for $370/month for a 36 month, 15,000 mile lease. No down, literally, all I owe is $370 first month's payment. And this includes everything, title, taxes, registration etc.

    Any comments, feedback?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,530

    @inwester said: I've been helped by Michaell in the 2014 forum, I should've really posted here.

    Leasing a Mazda 6 Grand Touring with Technology Package (MSRP 33,420) for $370/month for a 36 month, 15,000 mile lease. No down, literally, all I owe is $370 first month's payment. And this includes everything, title, taxes, registration etc.

    Any comments, feedback?

    Is this a 2015? The numbers are slightly different...

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • aschugeraschuger Posts: 15

    It's only July 1st but hopefully you guys already have the July residual and MF for the following:

    1. 2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring for 3 yrs, 15k miles/yr in California
    2. Same as #1 except it's a 2014

    Thanks for the help.

  • largebreadlargebread Posts: 5

    @kyfdx Just closing the loop here. Thanks for your help. I leased a 2015 Sport 15K/36 mo, with all tax, fees, dmv included in payment. $275/mo. And first payment was included too so no cash at signing. Thought that was pretty good.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,957

    @aschuger said: It's only July 1st but hopefully you guys already have the July residual and MF for the following:

    1. 2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring for 3 yrs, 15k miles/yr in California
    2. Same as #1 except it's a 2014

    Thanks for the help.

    Sorry, but we don't have the regional numbers that include CA.. yet.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,957

    @largebread said: kyfdx Just closing the loop here. Thanks for your help. I leased a 2015 Sport 15K/36 mo, with all tax, fees, dmv included in payment. $275/mo. And first payment was included too so no cash at signing. Thought that was pretty good.

    Sounds like a good deal... thanks for reporting back. Enjoy your new car!

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • kardon1kardon1 Posts: 7
    Do you have numbers for 36/15 in Boston ma? Grand touring model
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,530

    @kardon1 said: Do you have numbers for 36/15 in Boston ma? Grand touring model

    The regional numbers that include MA aren't yet available to us.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • inwesterinwester Posts: 14
    edited July 3

    @Michaell said: Is this a 2015? The numbers are slightly different...

    Finally got some time to go through the lease agreement in detail. Here are the numbers if it helps anyone. Any feedback from the moderators or experts is also welcome, could help potential future buyers.

    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring 36 month lease/ 15,000 miles

    MSRP = $29,895

    • Options = GT Technology Package ($2,080) Cargo Nets ($50) All-weather floor mats ($125) Soul Red Metallic Paint Charge ($300) Rear bumper guard ($120) Wheel locks ($55)

    MSRP + Total Options = $32,625 Delivery, Handling fee = $795

    Total MSRP: $33,420

    Agreed Upon Value of the Vehicle = $30,754.86 Sales tax = $890.25 Acquisition Fee = $595 Doc Fee = $399

    Gross capitalized Cost = $32,639.11 Cap cost reduction = $257.14 Adjusted capitalized cost = $32,381.97 Residual Value = $19,049.40 Depreciation and any amortized amounts = $13,332.57 Rent charge = $18.39 Total of base monthly payments = $13,350.96 Lease payments = 36 Base monthly payment = $370.86

    Amount due at signing: Cap cost reduction = $257.14 First monthly payment = $370.86 Initial registration fees = $234.50 NJ Tire fee = $7.50 Total = $870.00

    Rebates and noncash credits = $500 Amount to be paid in cash $370.86.

    Disposition fee = $300 (if decided not to buy the car at the end of lease)

    Phew, it took a while, but this covers everything in the lease agreement.

  • inwesterinwester Posts: 14

    Also, the dealer offered me a warranty/insurance package, which had 4 tiers, ranged from $120/month to $22/month. He said the last package, i.e. a tire and rim package was advisable and told me to buy it. Since the car has low profile tires (225,45,R19) and 19 inch rims which are very susceptible to break during winter on horrible NJ/NY roads. I generally don't buy more insurance than required, but I've had bad experiences in the past with my other car with sidewall cracks and tire bursts in winter. Any idea if this is a reasonable buy, $22/month tire and rim package? I have couple of more days to include it in the lease, otherwise have to pay all 36 installments upfront, i.e. around $800.

Sign In or Register to comment.