Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2015 Mazda6 Lease Questions

Comments

• tr1plsc00ptr1plsc00p Posts: 15

Are the credit scores that Mazda uses different from what I see on my report? I've heard that those are different because they take previous auto loans/lease history into consideration. If so, mine is stellar; never late on payments and paid my recent 5 year loan in 3.5 yrs.

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,389

You might want to pay off a credit card, and see if that gives you a bump.... or, tell your Mazda dealer that you know you are close, but you aren't leasing if you don't get top tier rates.. sometimes, the dealers have a little pull, if the numbers are close.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

I make $70k a year, which I'm sure will help the push. So, they do use the FICO scores that we have access to? Or, is it different because it's a lease and not a loan situation?

They use FICO.. 660-679 gives you a bump of .00030 and 640-659 adds an additional .00030

How are those MF's so low? I'm looking at lease deals from other manufacturers and they are 3-6 percent?

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 5,892

@tr1plsc00p said: How are those MF's so low? I'm looking at lease deals from other manufacturers and they are 3-6 percent?

Which brands? Generally, luxury brands have higher MFs but also allow for multiple security deposits to be applied to lower the MF.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

I'm just wondering. Is it because of the lease incentive that Mazda is currently promoting?

@tr1plsc00p said: I'm just wondering. Is it because of the lease incentive that Mazda is currently promoting?

Captive finance companies will adjust the MF from month to month in the hopes that they will sell (lease) more cars. I see lots of MF that translate to an interest rate of < 1% at the moment - we're at the end of the 2014 model year.

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Do you have MF and depreciation for August for a 2015 Mazda6 Touring with moonroof option, 36 months, 15k miles? Thanks

@tr1plsc00p said: Do you have MF and depreciation for August for a 2015 Mazda6 Touring with moonroof option, 36 months, 15k miles? Thanks

Not yet .. hoping to have the new Mazda numbers today, or early next week.

I saw on their website that they are still offering the sign and drive deal, so it still must be a low MF and depreciation.

edited August 1

@tr1plsc00p said: I saw on their website that they are still offering the sign and drive deal, so it still must be a low MF and depreciation.

That wouldn't surprise me; everybody is trying to clear out the 2014's and get a jump start on selling the 2015's.

@tr1plsc00p said: Do you have MF and depreciation for August for a 2015 Mazda6 Touring with moonroof option, 36 months, 15k miles? Thanks

What state? We have partial numbers..

California, Ventura County

Sorry... don't have the numbers for the region that includes California.. yet.

Any numbers yet? When you have them, can you give me numbers for both i Touring and grand touring for CA?

@tr1plsc00p said: Any numbers yet? When you have them, can you give me numbers for both i Touring and grand touring for CA?

Still no numbers for the group of states that includes CA.

@tr1plsc00p said: Do you have MF and depreciation for August for a 2015 Mazda6 Touring with moonroof option, 36 months, 15k miles? California, Thanks

.00001 MF and 57% residual for automatic. 55% for manual transmission.

@tr1plsc00p said: Any numbers yet? When you have them, can you give me numbers for both i Touring and grand touring for CA?

Grand Touring residuals are 55% for 36mo, 15K/yr

So, I got a quote from the dealer. Seems they are trying to gouge me with the rental fee. They would not let me see the disclosure, even though I said I would not commit to anything until I saw the numbers. They quoted $333 a month for a 2015 iTouring, $24815 after rebates, residual of 57% and they were going to give me $2700 for my trade. MSRP $27315, sales tax is 7.5% and additional title & fees were around $250.

edited August 5

Sorry, left out that it was 36 month lease with15k per year. They wouldn't show me my credit score either and told me the rental fee was not negotiable.

@tr1plsc00p said: So, I got a quote from the dealer. Seems they are trying to gouge me with the rental fee. They would not let me see the disclosure, even though I said I would not commit to anything until I saw the numbers. They quoted $333 a month for a 2015 iTouring, $24815 after rebates, residual of 57% and they were going to give me $2700 for my trade. MSRP $27315, sales tax is 7.5% and additional title & fees were around $250.

I would agree. Base MF is .00029 for 36 months; when I plug in all your numbers above, I get a pre-tax payment of $268.53 and a payment after tax of $288.67.

Is the $2700 for your trade the actual trade value? Or the trade equity? How is that being factored into the deal?

Sorry, it's $1700, not $2700. $4000 but i owed $2300. They only gave me the $500 graduate rebate although I told them I probably qualified for the $750 trade-in rebate (my trade is a Kia Optima).

@tr1plsc00p said: Sorry, it's $1700, not $2700. $4000 but i owed $2300. They only gave me the $500 graduate rebate although I told them I probably qualified for the $750 trade-in rebate (my trade is a Kia Optima).

OK, thanks for the clarification .... how is that $1700 trade equity being used? Down payment? Up front taxes and fees?

You should find the details for the conquest rebate on-line .. you should qualify for the $750.

i believe it was used as a down payment. They didn't say it covered taxes and fees because I asked what the taxes and fees were and he said 10% of the MSRP! I quickly corrected him and told him that it would be calculated based on the depreciation fee. I asked because I proposed paying the tax upfront to lower the monthly pmnt. I headed for the exit fast!

Do dealers usually show the disclosure or do you have to make a commitment? They lost the deal because of the lack of transparency and I needed my husband's approval. They could have just let me leave unharmed, but kept pushing me to make a commitment and now I have a bad taste in my mouth.

@tr1plsc00p said: Do dealers usually show the disclosure or do you have to make a commitment? They lost the deal because of the lack of transparency and I needed my husband's approval. They could have just let me leave unharmed, but kept pushing me to make a commitment and now I have a bad taste in my mouth.

It depends on the dealer .. some will push harder than others.

Lots of Mazda dealers out there .. now that you have a better understanding of how the numbers work, you'll be in a better position the next time you sit down at a desk.

Yeah, and I'll bring my husband! He is not such a pushover like me! Thanks for your help!

• mac_attackmac_attack Posts: 21
    edited August 6

Looking at a 2015 Mazda 6 GT (fully loaded) - around 33K. In Charlotte, NC. 36 month lease, 12K miles/yr What should I expect for:

MF = Residual = Cap Price = Other discounts =

Thank You!!

@mac_attack said: Looking at a 2015 Mazda 6 GT (fully loaded) - around 33K. In Charlotte, NC. 36 month lease, 12K miles/yr What should I expect for:

MF = .00029 Residual = 56% Cap Price = use the shopping tools at the top of the page to determine the target price Other discounts = no lease cash

Thank You!!