Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Sequoia Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• whaat will you paid for SR5 with following option?

AG,CQ,DR,EJ,GY,LF,RL,L2,DD,SR? thank you for all the information

I in Houston TX. called up one the dealer & asking for Fleet manager for pricing. was told Quote " is such nice car and it's Toyota why don't you paid MSRP as pricing you got on website, " funny so I ask him did you ever paid MSRP when you try to buy a car? than all I hear was click
  • Just picked up an '05 SR5 2WD in San Diego with the following.

EJ - JBL w/ 6 disk changer
    KE - Keyless Entry
    GY - Side and curtain airbags
    DR - Roof Rack
    AG - 17" Alloy Wheel package
    CQ - Convenience Package
    LF - Front Fog and Driving Lights
    CF - Floor Mats and sill projector

Sticker - $37,174
    My price - $33,600
    Out the Door - $36,550.

I think anytime you get can out the door for a lot less than sticker, you did a good job.
  • pman5pman5 Posts: 9
    If anyone is interested we purchased an 05 SR5 4 wheel drive with jbl sound, side airbags, alloy pk #1, prefered package,daytime running lights,roof rack, convenience package, fog lights, keyless entry, mats,hood protector, wheel locks, cargo net and moon roof for dealer invoice 38,770.00 minus the Dec 750.00 cash back. Sticker price was 43,762.00. Dealer is Gateway Toyota in Toms River NJ. They have a web site.
  • I've been looking at an '05 SR5 and it seems that a loaded SR5 RWD. Options: side airbags, convenience pkg, fog lights, keyless entry, sunroof, premium sound system, roof rack, alloy pkg #2 (MSRP $38,000, invoice $33,500). It is IDENTICAL to the Limited if you opt for leather, day/night mirror, and spoiler, minus the Limited badging and power-fold mirrors. For '05, there is little that distinguishes the SR5 from the Limited. Does anyone know how much I should pay for a relatively 'standard' Limited with only DRL, spoiler, side-airbags? By my calculations, a Limited should only cost about $3500 more than a SR5 with these extra options anyway. I ask because it is relatively hard to find a SR5 with the leather etc. in the color the wife wants (Bluesteel metallic). Also, any prices on the aforementioned SR5 without the leather would be nice. Thanks. (Located in Los Angeles).
  • Does anybody know what are the FICO scores required for Tier I or Tier II Toyota Financial Services Loan

Thanks

Fernb2000
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,876
    You might also have a look at this discussion:
    Questions About Financing New Vehicles

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Has anybody been able to have the dealer not charge the TDA costs when buying a car

Fernb2000
  • mwoolmamwoolma Posts: 1
    I just purchased a Sequioa at Broadway Toyota in Portland, Oregon. Everything was great, sales staff was great. Very respectful...I thought now here is a dealership that is finally honest, what a relief. They negotiated the price fairly close to what I wanted. We finally came to a deal and shook hands. Being at the dealer for over 5.5 hours was taxing and hard after working all day. They delay you as long as possible until you finally sign the contract. I noticed the price on the contract was $582.00 higher than agreed upon, I also paid the $218.00 License/Tab Fees along with my $7000.00 deposit for a total of $7218.00 down. In the contract they added an additional $218.00 plus they included the $218.00 on my finance amount which would have got charged intrest rate. The contracts can be extremly confusing, such everything is in such small print. Don't let them rush you, take your time or come back the next day and sign the papers. I highly suggest this. Buyers be wary and closely read everything. It's even suggested to have a lawyer with you when making a large vehicle purchase.
  • My gulf states dealer is charging me 275 TDA, 448 MAF, 651 2%holdback, 325 1%holdback for the sequoia I am looking at. I am not sure what all this means except buying from a gulf states dealer sucks. Any help?
  • yesyesyesyes Posts: 1
    Planning on buying one too. Did you get it by chance close to invoice price? Are they the most competitive in the Portland ares? Thanks
  • vanclanvanclan Posts: 1
    I Live in Raleigh NC, and I am about to attempt to get a good deal on a new '05 Sequoia. I am interested to know the dealership that you had such a great experience with.
  • Try Jim Barkley Toyota in Asheville NC.

Unbelievable how easy they are to deal with. No aftermarket BS pressure either. No dicker sticker and solid discount.
  • tbdallastbdallas Posts: 2
    2005 limited white with 856 miles
    everything but DVD, middle seat center console and rear spoiler but has $2,300 custom wheels
    Warrranty options not priced in either.

Sticker 46,900, Dealer said invoice was 41,075

Offer to us $1,000 down
    $639/month for 48 months
    15k miles per year
    no other cost/charges

Pushed us hard for this one white model (last one on lot). We want silver but none at this dealer. Should we pass and find the silver or jump on this one because of the deal?? Great, good, average or bad deal.
  • gnu892gnu892 Posts: 9
    I'm being offered the SR5 at $400 below invoice. Has anyone purchased a 2WD SR5 for more than $400 BELOW invoice? I just want to know if I can get lower than this and perhaps add leather seating :)
  • hsmomhsmom Posts: 1
    After looking at these boards and getting an idea of prices, went to two dealerships to get quotes on a Sequoia SR5. First dealership in Plano spent 3 hours trying to whittle me down, then we agreed on all but the final trade-in amount (they were off by $500). After them calling back many times, I decided not to worry about it and was ready to go sign the papers. Then the head sales manager calls and says my sales guy was wrong and the car we had negotiated a price on a 10 calls earlier could not be sold for that price because it was below invoice. But here's another one without the leather, and they would even have someone install leather offsite for me.

Didn't like what seemed like a bait and switch so went to a dealer in Denison who didn't have an SR5 in leather, but it had all the other options I needed and was the beautiful silver color. So here's what I ended up paying:

SR5 2WD with-
    JBL 6 disc/10 speakers
    Alloy package #2 - 17" Alloys, Running boards etc.
    Convenience package
    Option Package A w/rear spoiler, door edge guards, mats, etc.
    Roof Rack
    Front Fog/driving lamps
    DVD pre-wire
    Daytime running lights
    DR & FR passenger airbags
    Keyless Entry
    Custom Tape pinstriping
    Window Tint
    Vehicle Shield Package (which seemed to me to make the car/road a little quieter. I drove some without and this did seem to make a difference to me)

MSRP $38,768 Price Paid after Rebate $33,200 right around invoice.

SO I'm happy.
  • keikoe55keikoe55 Posts: 24
    I got my on Feb 28th 8:50 p.m. wtih SR5 2WD with-
    JBL 6 disc/10 speakers
    Alloy package #2 - 17" Alloys, Running boards etc.
    Convenience package
    Option Package A w/rear spoiler, door edge guards, mats, etc.
    Roof Rack
    Front Fog/driving lamps
    DVD pre-wire
    Daytime running lights
    DR & FR passenger airbags
    Keyless Entry
    Custom Tape pinstriping
    Window Tint
    Vehicle Shield Package
    all the above plus Sunrood $33500 before TTL
    total drive out was $35883.15
  • max0max0 Posts: 2
    I got an internet quote for a RWD with leather interior for $33,864.00. Is that a good price? Do all new 2005 Sequoias come with car alarms? Any help when dealing with a dealership so they don't take advantage of me? I.E. extended warranties, protection for exterior, etc..? Any other ideas how I can get even a better price? I'm in the SF bay area.
  • Hello,
    I just thought i post this info. I recently purchased a Limited 2005 Toyota Sequoia. The price paid was $43,589.00. Almost all features except navigation system, memory seats nor security system. I love this vehicle it rides better than my car...It was purchased in Tri-City Motor Sales in Pasco, Washington.
  • tbltexttbltext Posts: 21
    Brand new (1 Mile), Luxury Package, DVD, NAV, Restraint system with side air bags, Spoiler, Wheel locks, Black
    No extended warrantee.
    Purchase price 47,800
    MSRP 51,800
    Sweet truck.
  • nicole3nicole3 Posts: 3
    please tell me if $47,800 purchase price included tax and license, and a rebate?
    and where did you purchase your vehicle. I am interested in the same car, just like yours. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.
  • derekoidderekoid Posts: 4
    $42,965.00 out the door with Luxury Package, DVD, Daytime Running Lights and Side Curtain Air Bags. 0% Financing 36 months. Got this on an internet deal 1.5 hrs. from my home. This was by far the smoothest vehicle purchase I have ever had.I sent 1 E-mail and they made the offer within 40 minutes. I did the credit application online and literally spent only 20 minutes at the dealer receiving the vehicle.
  • up2nogdup2nogd Posts: 1
    Just wondering what the sticker was?? Looking at virtually the same vehicle but my price was 42K without the DVD. If you could forward me a copy of the options list I would greatly appreciate it.

Johnny in SC
    Hello Johnny,
    The sticker was 45,844.39. I got it for 41,602.37 + 197 Doc Fee + 1149.50 tax + 16.50 Title out the door. Option List - DVD, Carpet/Trunk Mat,JBL 6 CD Changer w/10 speakers, Driver and Passenger Side Airbags and 2nd row curtain air bags, Luxury Package ( I assume you know what this includes but let me know if you don't and I will provide the list), and Daytime running lights. Let me know if you would like any other info.
    Dale
  • niknak1niknak1 Posts: 2
    In reply to msg #830 (tbltext) Where did you purchase your Sequoia? I have been trying to get this exact vehicle for a while, and no dealer has it or is offering a decent price. Any info you can give would be great. Does your purchase price include tax, etc..?
  • nicole3nicole3 Posts: 3
    Is your car 4X4 or 4X2? and what state did you buy it at? Did you get any rebate?
    Did you get NAVI too?
    4x2, no navigation, bought in Alabama. 0% financing for 36 months.
  • tbltexttbltext Posts: 21
    The price I listed did not include tax, and included a 500 rebate, purchased at towne toyota in NJ.

I should also mention I had a coversion van as a trade, so I may have lost out a little...but my gut tells me I got a good deal.
  • budinctbudinct Posts: 19
    I am looking at a 2005 SR5 4x4 with preferred package, alloy#1, cd chnager, sunroof, roof rack, airbags, keyless, fog, DRL, cargo cover, conv. pckg for $38525 which inc. dest, TTL extra. Good deal? No other dealer comes close. Too good to be true?
  • pgasink1pgasink1 Posts: 1
    Where in Alabama. I am in the Birmingham area and want similar options. What dealership?
  • niknak1niknak1 Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info :)