Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Sequoia Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jason973jason973 Posts: 7
    I am about to pull the trigger on a Limited or Platinum Sequoia. What type of lease payments should I have on a $56,000 vehicle? What should be the negotiated price? I am looking for a 3 yr/15,000 mi lease and don't care to buy it after that is up. I see people talking about 10-12k off in CA...what does that mean in NJ?

Thanks!
  • dilly22dilly22 Posts: 1
    I would be willing to take a Sequoia off your hands.
  • kduahkduah Posts: 6
    That was an excellent deal. Some dealers in my area are also offering big discounts. A friend got a fully loaded 8-passenger Limited 4X4 for $43,000 after cash rebates. MSRP was $55,293. The only options it doesn't have are rear height control air suspension and remote start
  • You are correct, the $5500 factory rebate cannot be combined with 0% financing.

The choices were:

0% + $1500 rebate
    5.8% + $5500 rebate

Since we got the lower end SR5, we did not need to finance and took the $5500. For a fully loaded Platinum, the 0% can be worth quite a bit if you take it over 5 years.
  • sbell4sbell4 Posts: 446
    The original manifest which included only 60,000 people has been expanded to include all that currently have a Sequoia registered in their name.
  • shinbone1shinbone1 Posts: 9
    I too have been shopping around for Sequoias from the Los Angeles down to the Carlsbad area. The best deal I've received is $11,500 off MSRP. I've been checking the inventories and they aren't selling many. I think I will hold out for a better deal in August..hopefully!
  • bigjjcbigjjc Posts: 6
    Here is some information on my purchase:
    MSRP $53,046
    Selling Price: 43500
    Plus rebates of $8,000
    Plus trade-in of $5,000
    and the dealer made an error on the tax of $400 that the dealer covered

Series: Sequoia
    Model: 7927 - Limited 2WD (6 Speed Automatic)
    Color: Slate Metallic
    Interior: Graphite Leather
    Options:
    Cold Kit Includes: Windshield Wiper-CKAT $200
    Rear load leveling suspension-NFAT $650
    Touch Screen Navigation System with JBL-NVAT $1,650
    Power Back Hatch/Door-PBAT $400
    Daytime Running Lights (DRL) with On/Off-RLAT $40
    Toyoguard Plus Protection Group-XY70 $699
    Rear Aerodynamic Spoiler-CX90 $449
    Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof with Sun Shade-SRAT $810
    Entertainment System-DVD-Headrest-EH30 $1,999
  • ponytrekkerponytrekker Posts: 284
    >>#1097 of 1280 Anyone get a good deal in Central TX (Austin)? by willk Jan 25, >>2008 (9:04 pm)
    >>I've talked with a few dealers, and I can't seem to get a quote much below MSRP. >>Anyone get the type of deals folks are talking about in this forum? Thanks!

Now would be a good time to go back and laugh.
  • danwilsondanwilson Posts: 2
    What dealer has these kind of deals so I can contact him
  • danwilsondanwilson Posts: 2
    So you got $10,000 off msrp and $8000 back for $18,000 off msrp what dealer IM me please I wanna talk to them
  • erinaerina Posts: 2
    I am looking at a Limited in Tampa. I have been quoted 33800 for a dealer vehicle with rear suspension, blue tooth as really the only extras. This is after 5K rebate is this a good deal? Is there anyone that can recommend someone in the Tampa area?
  • erinaerina Posts: 2
    Correction they have quoted me 36800 not 33800. I also have a trade in.
    Just to update it was dealer demo with 4,000 miles on it. How do I IM your?
  • For July, SE Toyota is offering 0%, 72 months, including the platinum.... not sure if they'll extend until August.
  • netanimalnetanimal Posts: 1
    Hi!
    Can you tell which dealer is that ? Looks pretty good deal !!
    It was World Toyota in Atlanta
  • xierxier Posts: 99
    Anyone know when the 09's are coming out? Looking for a Platinum in NCAL.
  • wrxcstiwrxcsti Posts: 21
    I read that Toyota has stopped production of Sequoia from Aug 08 to Nov 08, so don't know when the '09 will come out. Just curious why you are looking for a '09 since it will probably be the same as '08. Do an inventory search on vehix.com and cars.com (they show inventory from different dealers), you'll find that there are still plenty Platinum models available in the Bay Area.
    Not looking for new features in 09 - just the 09 to help with overall deperecation since we are nearly done with 08 and the other models we are looking at have 09's available or will in the next 30.

I drove a Plat 2X2 yesterday and was told the same thing - that Toyota stopped production therefore no special orders etc... were being taken. The Plat 2X2 had MSRP of 55 and they had sale sticker at 49. I'm trying to determine at this point what my best price can be on a 4X4 version - so MSRP in the 58 to 59 region. Lots of inventory in our area and from what I can tell they are not selling very many.

Due to the current environment (Economy, Gas, 08 models at end of 08 etc....) shall we call it the perfect storm for buying a car that not many people want -- What COULD be the lowest price on a 58-59K MSRP Model?
  • popperpopper Posts: 41
    Just bought Platinum 4WD, every option but laser cruise, for $46,2 OTD. (We don't pay sales tax til we register at tag office.)
    Popper - where did you purchase?

MSRP w/out Laser in my area is 58 and some change - 46 OTD WoW- what was your tax etc...
    Sticker was $58,904.00. DVD, Cold kit, DRL, Conv. Pkg. Bought from Quality Toyota in Indepedence, Kansas. Incredibly nice to work with. Last one they had, had been on their lot for 180+ days.

Again, I don't know what tax is yet because I live in OK and you don't pay it until you register the vehicle.

$46,200 Out the Door.
    Thanks for the clairification - so you ended up at 46.2 w/out tax which right where I want to be or even better.

Were you able to get 0 percent finance with 46.2?

I have several quotes that are close and am trying to decide which ones to work first based primarily on color for int and ext.
    It was either rebate or 0% apr. I took the rebate.

Let me know how you come out.
    Thanks -I figured that but had to ask. I'd like to get close to that # and get the 0 percent :). Not sure if its possible today - but what I'm thinking is that it might be soon due to so much inventory and no sales. I'm really debating if I should take the best offer I got and head over to negotiate...

Did you even attempt to get 0 percent on your 46.5K deal - or did you know (Spidy Sense) that it was a no deal?
  • wrxcstiwrxcsti Posts: 21
    Putnam in Burlingame is advertising $12K off MSRP (w/o 0% financing) on Craigslist, which is inline with discounts in other areas. If you do 0% financing, you should be able to get at least $1500 to $2000 below invoice right now. The current N. CA offer is $4000 cash back or 0% financing + $1000 cash back. A couple of months ago, Toyota only had 0% (but no cash back at the same time) in N. CA. At that time, dealers were willing to go about $500 to $1000 below invoice depending on color and options w/o even hard negotiation. Since Toyota now offers $1000 cash back with 0%, you should be able to get $1000 to $2000 below invoice. Hopefully Toyota will increase the cash back to $1500 (with 0%) during the Labor Day weekend just like what they did during the 4th of July weekend. The one you quoted MSRP of $55K should have the invoice around $49K so that's not a good deal at all. You should get it for at least a couple of grand less. Lastly, the invoice price in the Bay Area is about $600 higher than S. CA and other area (see my earlier post). So always have dealer quote you how much below invoice rather than a $ amount if you want to compare apples to apples when looking at prices from other areas.
    At first I thought you were showing 12K under and zero - then realized that it was with out zero. I was not able to find the 12 K off - but found a 11K off SR5 from same place. My current quotes are in the 12K range - actually both 12K off MSRP - so I'm already there - just trying to figure out how much more negotiation there is - 0 percent is a deal breaker - I'm already second guessing buying a V8, 1 year old suv Now - vs waiting. Just not sure I'll pull the trigger with just the 12K under.
  • lcrulllcrull Posts: 1
    I saw reference in an earlier post here about Toyota sending current Sequoia owners a certificate for an extra $3,000 off. I read that to be in addition to the rebates showing on Toyota web site ($4,000 plus $1,000). Anyone have information or received such a mailing? My local Indiana dealer did not know anything about it. Thanks!
  • aj4321aj4321 Posts: 37
    Trying to be a nice guy - I bought a new 08' Seq LTD 4x4 $51k MSRP black on grey this week and my wife doesn't want it. She complained about the large size. So much for my surprise present for her.

Too bad. I think it is a very nice SUV. It has only 80 miles. For sale for $43k.
  • psu1983psu1983 Posts: 24
    I was struggling with decision to buy now too, but in the end, the Suburban we were trading in was declining in value at a quicker rate than the pricing discounts on new Sequoias. The other thing I'd simply point out is, even though Sequoia sales are very, very slow, Toyota's shutdown on production of the vehicle for the next 4 months is going to help in balancing supply. I don't think you're going to see discounts on this vehicle go much deeper than where they are now.