Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Sequoia Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• xierxier Posts: 99
    Zero + Rebate - No one knows. Some have got deals that are close to that but we don't even know if the zero percent will continue at this point. I was at the dealership the other day picking up some accessories and was told the zero was gone... but did not confirm it.

Interesting --- the Toyota closest to my place had 5 Platinum's when I was looking and when I went back yesterday all of them were gone.... I asked the SM and was told they were all dealer traded.
  • we're still waiting on the sidelines waiting and watching to see what toyota does, but we've decided to purchase in november.

just checked this morning and in the chicagoland area, the new offer is 0% APR for up to 60 months plus $1000 cash back OR $3000 cash back plus $1000 bonus cash until 11/3/08. i believe this is the same deal they had for september.
    Yep - looks like the same deal - some regions had 72 mo zero percent but that was not the case in CA....

What model are you looking to purchase in Nov?
  • I just received a quote for a LTD, 4x4, NAV, EY, PB, with 20"wheel with an msrp of $55275 for $45922. Is that a good quote? I tried to push but that's all he'll take.
  • skr2skr2 Posts: 32
    I am interested in getting the Sequoia Limited 2WD 5.7L V8 in the Dallas Area. Would appreciate if anybody could share their experience, if anybody bought in the Dallas area recently.
  • I don't know about the Dallas area, but i bought in California and Toyota has $4000 cash rebate on Limiteds which is off the invoice price and then you'll be able to negotiate on top of that.
  • skr2skr2 Posts: 32
    Thanks for the reply. Can you post the breakup of the purchase, along with the dealership name and model and options. Did you also use Toyota's financing?
    Will highly appreciate your response
  • Did you get 0% for 60 month on top of that or was it 3k rebate OR 0% for 60mo? I'm looking at about 6k off MSRP for a limited and getting 0% for 60mo, sound good?
  • tires2tires2 Posts: 2
    In Houston - Platinum 2WD - MSRP $55450 and in addition had $1600 in dealer add-ons. Deal received: $48200 (includes $1000 rebate), 0 down, 0% and no payment until April (delayed first payment available for Houston area residence I was told due to hurricane).
  • I keep going back and forth between the two vehicles. I travel a lot for my job and have a small child. I have found that a mid-size SUV is just not big enough for all the stuff that I have to carry. I will also use the SUV to haul my horse trailer on the week ends. My main concern is reliability and safety. When I try to negotiate with Toyota they don't seem to friendly. There are over 50 Seqouias on the car lots in Baton Rouge, LA. Do you have any suggestions.
  • sbell4sbell4 Posts: 446
    short answer: submit a price quote request with the exact equipment and color you would like to three dealers and then buy the vehicle from whomever you are most comfortable.
  • I believe you will be happy with the Sequoia with your daily and weekend activities. I have many acquaintances who have gone from American cars to Japanese (mainly because of reliability) but still have to find one Japanese car owner convert to American. I am not saying there aren't any, I am just saying I have not met one yet.

I bought mine through internet sales and my experience is that they go straight to the point. I do not know how true this is but they are being paid flat rate with every car, not like the floor salespeople. THey also try to get the highest score from you with regards to the survey that you will receive through the mail as they get bonuses at the end of the year depending on how they score on the surveys.

Get the invoice from this site on the car that you like, options included, add the tax, then offer an amount which is lesser. Negotiations will roll from there as long as you are definitely getting the car. You definitely do not want to waste their time. That's what I did and I got the price I want.

Do not forget the incentive you are going to take (rebate or 0% APR). Good luck.
    I'm surprised that your local dealers are not looking to deal. Toyota continues to extend the ZERO percent - that tells us all something. Do what others have suggested - and look back several pages in this thread to see how to get best quotes from dealers. I found the same thing to be true - that if you RFQ it out to 5+ dealers you will find one or two who come in at their best/lowest price right off the bat - no BS. If you can't find deals in your immediate area look a bit further out.

Of the 50 on your local lots - are they in the CONFIG that you are looking for IE SR5, Limited or Platinum?

As for Tahoe VS Sequoia - that should be very easy. One drive/walk-around should be all that it takes to make up your mind. I have done Tahoe before and most other GM large SUV's - It was pretty much a no brainer for me to go Toy this time --- but again I know lots of folks who love their Tahoe's - (More so the Loaded Caddy's).
  • well, we finally bought one!

in the chicagoland area:
    ended up with a cassis pearl SR5 5.7L 4WD with 6 disc changer, cold kit, homelink mirror, leather, power 3rd row, fog lamps, moonroof, running boards, and tow package. MSRP at $45,315...left at $38,391 before TTL. that price includes the $1000 cash back and 0% for 60 months. invoice was $40,396.

we love the car so far, but we have to go back to the dealer to get the cross bars removed from the roof rack to get it in the garage. it's a monster compared to our 2001 4runner!
  • Can you tell me what dealership gave you this deal and does this include the 0%? I'm looking for something similar.
    kmrboston - Congrat's on your purchase. Zero for 60 is nice indeed - I saw that some regions were running 72 mo - even better. Enjoy.
  • What sort of deals are people getting on leases for Platinum's? Assuming you can even get a lease now. I've heard the market has tightened up on leases lately.
  • tires2tires2 Posts: 2
    Don McGill Toyota
  • Thank you for the information. I went by the third dealership today after I worked with them over the internet. They told me that the Sequoias are not moving. They said that they would be willing to work with me. I did not have time to go over numbers with them today. I am going to go back in with my specs. on a Sequoia SR5 with Leather. I will post an update after I run the numbers. I am also going to run the numbers on a Highlander (Limited). They did offer me $9000 on my 2005 Jeep Grand Chorekee Limited with 61,000 miles. This was better then I expected.
  • nedzelnedzel Posts: 787
    "They told me that the Sequoias are not moving." Well that's a big surprise ;)
  • JBaumgartJBaumgart Posts: 890
    "Well that's a big surprise."

It is from the standpoint the dealer admitted to it!
  • Does a price of $42k without tax sound any good for a Limited w/ navigation system, 10" DVD player, daytime running lights, power rear door, power moonroof, and the Toyoguard Protection Package? located in GA.

Thanks
  • what is the MSRP for the car and are you getting the 0% for 60 months as well or is the 42k with the rebate and no 0% for 60 months?
  • MSRP is $51,400 and offer already includes the $5,000 rebate. If I were to go with the 0% financing then I would lose the $5,000 rebate they say.
  • When you guys say "out the door" are you referring to everything but the tax you have to pay where the car is registered (i think it is 7% where i live making it around $3k) or are you including that as well? Thanks.
  • I live in Atlanta and looking for a good deal on Sequoia. Could anybody suggest with your buying experience from the local dealers?
  • jbm4jbm4 Posts: 5
    Bought this weekend - a deal that no other dealer in the DC area would touch. Just 10 minutes from BWI if you're able to fly in.

Carmax / Laurel Toyota
    $52,625 MSRP incl freight
    $42,948 selling price (no haggle)
    New car / 20 mi on odometer
    Sequoia Limited / Nav / Towing / 18"

http://www.carmax.com/enUS/search-results/default.html?search=sequoia+limited&Ep- =FAS+Main

Love the truck! Amazing turning radius versus my old Tundra.
  • jbm4, are you getting 0% for 60 mo. on top of the $42,984? If it is instead of the 0%, I'm looking at the same deal in the Northeast. The 0% is worth $3,000. I'm looking at a deal $51 k msrp, 44 k with 0%, 41 k without... Should I do it?

Do you like the Nav? A lot of people don't, what are your thoughts?
  • jbm4jbm4 Posts: 5
    That was a cash price - add $3,000 for the 0%. Yes, sounds like the same deal (essentially $1,000 under invoice). I'm partial to the Nav, mainly because you get intuitive control over audio, phone, etc. plus the backup camera on screen. The maps is a nice to have but not worth the cost alone. Big reason I bought from Carmax was they had the equipment combo I wanted (I didn't want to pay for the rear entertainment or 20" wheels).
  • I recently just bought a 2008 Blue Metallic SR5 Sequoia, the options include:

5.7L 6-speed trans 4x2
    roof rack
    fog lamps
    power driver seat
    tow package (SR5)
    daytime running lights
    6-cd changer w/8 speakers
    car mats ( both foul weather and cloth w/ 3rd row and cargo mat)

MSRP was $38,304
    Internet offer was $30,800 with the rebate ($3,000), I could have gotten the SR5 for $29,000 w/rebate but I took the 0% at $32,000 before Tax/Title/Tax, was this a decent deal? I actually made money on my trade-in ($4,400) and paid $800 down and only financed $27,000 for 60 months @ 0%. :)