Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Sequoia Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• farmer20farmer20 Posts: 16
    Hi, c550:

Forgot one thing, do you mind telling which dealership you bought your car?

Thanks
  • c550c550 Posts: 3
    I got it at Gullo Toyota. I dealt with the salesman who does fleet sales and USAA sales. He was very good to work with, I would recomend him.
    Hi, c550:

Thanks for the post. In fact went to a local dealer and took the print out of posts here with me. To my surprise, this time the print-out did not work at all. They only gave $1800 discount. When I showed the sale person your post, he said you bought 2009 year model. Left without agrument. Clearly told the sale person I would not come if there was no $4000 discount.

Would you please give me the contact information of your sale person to me: yu101us at yahoo.com?
    I will certainly contact the sale person for information.

I am not in despair to buy a car now, but would buy if there is a good discount. You really had a great deal.

Thanks
  • jlewistxjlewistx Posts: 7
    Whatever dealership you went to, never go back. They did not really make a 2009 sequoia. There might have been a few that hit the streets, but Toyota really scaled back when the economy tanked. To sanity check the 2009 sequoia issue, do a national search for a used 2009 and see what you come up with. I neglected to post this on my Original post but sticker on the one I bought was 41,600. I got less of a discount on mine due to the scarcity of the 5.7 engine with the sr5 package. Toyota had the upper hand on the supply/demand on my deal. I think if you hold out a bit, you can get a good deal. Are you looking for a 5.7 or 4.6? Also, the dealer I worked with said he has delivered to Houston on occasion.
    Thanks, jlewistx.

In fact I am not in a hurry to buy the car and can wait until the end of the year. SR5 4.6 will be fine. I went over your post and also checked website of Cavender Toyota at San Antonia. Did not find the color my children like (black). Without Incentive or rebate, I think most dealers would only give around $2000 discount for a SR5 basic model. So probably the best time is to wait until Toyota has incentive or rebate.
  • pfessorpfessor Posts: 7
    Good luck on the incentive or rebate.
    I've been waiting for a year for some kind of break. Nothing so far has been offered on the Sequoias but the Tundra is being pushed in our area (NC) with low or no interest.
  • david2613david2613 Posts: 1
    Looking for a 2010 Sequoia, just test drove a base model with leather interior sr5 and large v8. they gave me a price at 42k. I am looking for a base around 36k. Is this achievable? Let me know how to find the best deal at internet sale dept. thanks
  • nyatinyati Posts: 1
    Just paid $37,800 for a 2wd SR5 with 5.7l and carpeted floor mats. I was very happy with the price since my dealer had to have it shipped from Fl to North Augusta, SC (had to have white with gray cloth). I also got full Kelley Blue Book trade in value on my old car.
  • Just picked up our 2011 4x4 sr5 from Right Toyota in Scottsdale, AZ for $500 over invoice. It was about 41,600 (not including TTL) and they included the floormats and paid for delivery from a dealer about 2 hours away. I could have got the vehicle for 500 under invoice at another dealer, but I got more for my trade-in and the whole transaction took about 30 minutes. 2 years free maintenance was an added bonus.
  • seq_4rseq_4r Posts: 1
    When you mentioned invoice, did you mean the base invoice (w/o holdback, destination charge, ads. fee), or invoice with any/all of those? I'm a newbie here, and a little confused with the term. Thanks.
  • 36500 is the number
  • Looking at 2011 Sequoia (or Nissan Armada). Sticker on Sequoia Limited is $54K. (Gray w/gray leather, NAV, Heated front seats, Rear DVD system, auto lift gate, plus the basics) .

Wondering if anyone can offer a starting point for negotiations or have an idea what I might be able to get it for. I definitely need it to be under $50K. Any advice or help would be appreciated! 10 yrs. since purchased last car, so kind of out of car buying loop.
  • jose263jose263 Posts: 10
    generic4 -
    find the fleet mgr or internet sales person-stay away from the floor sales staff- ask for a copy of the invoice, which BTW already has reasonable profit (markups) built into the price.
    with a $54k sticker you should be able to get it well below $50k
  • first post here.. so please bare with me..
    im in so cal and i got an on line quote for a 2011 sr5 with the 5.7l engine with an msrp of 41180 for 39997. so then i went to another dealer and i got quoted 37813 for the same sequoia (they checked the local dealer inventory for me and found the one i got the first quote for me). the same dealer that quoted me the 37813 also quoted me a limited with a msrp of 50981 for 46348. i also got an extended warrantee quoted for the sr5 for 7yrs 100k miles for 1200 (bumper to bumper).. anyone find anything better?
  • which dealer in socal gave you that quote for limited? im in the market for one... not sure if limited is worth the extra cost... do you get power lift w some limited?
  • its the toyota dealer in the 90650 zip code..
  • Has anyone recently purchased a 2010 Limited w/nav and DVD systems in the NY/NJ/CT area? If so, what was your out the door price? Thanks!
  • ok..im just gonna post a little about my "buying experience" in the southern california area..im looking for the 4X2 sr5 model and they are no where to be found. but, if you go to a dealer and tell them what you want, they are all trying to get you into the limited or platinum. then, once you tell them what you want (again), they say they can get it for you by night time or the next day.... but there are really none on the lot.. REALLY! as for your choice of colors, it seems that you have only three colors (if you are lucky) to choose from. that would be the dark gray metallic, white and black (in that order of availability). the best price that i have been able to find so far is through the costco auto buying program at $500. under invoice. comes out to be 37313.
  • what dealer was this that you were able to get the quote from with the extended service contract?
    thanks,
  • ok.. here i go. we pulled the trigger last night as we went for the one that was able to get our first choice of color..(my wife finally decided on the white). i had two dealers quote me 37313. i ended up finding one on line myself but one of the dealers didn't want to drive 80-90 miles to go get it and the other one did. turned out the one i saw on line was already sold but the color of choice was available 100 miles the opposite way in the san diego area.. toyota place in garden grove was where we made the deal. the 37313 price i got was going through the costco auto program as it was the best price i found regardless if it was through the internet or fleet dept.. it put the sequoia 500 under invoice. turns out, its the same thing other dealers quoted me going through costco... and we still got the 2yr oil thing that toyota has going on.
    as for the dealer that quoted me for the extended warranty, it was norwalk toyota. but i did not get the full details as far as what the deductible would be if service was needed.
    toyota place quoted me for a 7yr 100k mile warrantee with no deductible for 1500. toyota place made this purchase very easy for me. they gave me no pressure whats so ever ...and I actually apologized to them because i felt i put pressure on them. speak to thai in the internet dept. he made this happen.. and it was easy... and if you are a member of costco, use the costco program. but shop around because other dealers will only go 500 above invoice... looking for a black sr5? let me know.. i know where they are getting one on dec. 5.
  • rpexrpex Posts: 1
    Just came back from a dealer in Manassas, VA on this SUV.
    MSRP 44,486
    Cap Cost 41460
    36-month/15k lease

Residual: 21,715
    money factor: .00235

The residual and money factor are way off from what I was expecting (23,725 and .0018) based on internet research.

The price is good but they would not move on residual or money factor. They showed me various documents from Toyota that these are standard and immutable numbers.

Why should I believe these dealer documents? There seems not to be any accurate site where a consumer can look these numbers up.
  • That is Wack!

You could lease an X5 or Mercedes GL for that much.
  • for some reason the reply i posted earlier did not come up..
    going through the costco auto buying program, one of the dealers offered me an sr5 4x4 for 39600. i was told that price was $1000. under invoice and almost 5k below msrp. . i offered 39000. but the dealer said no.. i dont know if he was telling me the truth but he said there are certain guidelines from toyota that they (the dealer) must follow when dealing with costco customers.. so i told him i would meet him at 39300 and it was not accepted....
    its funny how things happen.. the day after i got the sr5 4x2, the salesman calls me up and said he can make the deal at 39300.
    i told him sorry but too late...
  • best place to buy sequioa in Houston
  • why is houston the best? thats a bland statement.. i posted my buying expierience (just like the board states)...now ist your turn to post yours..
  • I am looking to get the SR5 with leather in the Houston area, I was wondering if anyone is dealing or has dealt with a dealership/sales person that they highly recommend.

Thanks
  • We purchased a Certified 2010 Sequoia Limited yesterday from Don McGill. We went through the Internet department and dealt with Kris Tate. Overall it was a very easy experience compared to any others we've had in the non-luxury car segment. I was pleasantly surprised. Kris was very straight foward on the deal and didn't play games. There wasn't any real haggling or back and forth to the manager's office. They gave us a realistic price for our trade immediately- and he had the car ready for us to demo upon our arrival at the dealership. They let us take it home over Sunday with no pressure at all. The price came down slightly (few hundred dollars) from the posted price on the web. We had them add a remote starter in that price and the deal was done.

I will say that the finance office gave us some questionable moments. There was a spiel about how Toyota's warranty after the first 12 months only covers "defects" but if something can't be proven as defective that it would not be covered. It honestly pissed me off that they basically said Toyota would not stand behind its vehicle and made it sound that we would be in a semantics battle over every repair. It was almost enough to make me walk from the deal and go find another SUV. My husband however, saw it as a scare tactic to press the extended warranty rather than a true stance from Toyota and so we proceded with the purchase. We also had to double check the numbers several times because we couldn't quite get things to match up. So, we brought the deal to a halt while we calculated everything ourselves. After several revisions and reprints, we finally signed and were on our way. Overall I would say we had a good buying experience with Don McGill. Just be cautious in Finance (as is the case in any dealership).

We also obtained quotes on new Sequoias from several other internet managers, and I will say all in all that it's definitley the way to go. There doesn't seem to be the game playing and you save yourself a lot of time and frustration doing the bulk of the search online once you decide what model you want. All of the internet sales people I dealt with were extremely pleasant and prompt in responding.
  • I hope you're as happy with your Sequoia as I am with mine. Over the last 8 months I've put a little over 32000 miles on it. I didn't have any problems with the dealer when I bought my Sequoia but last month I bought my wife a Highlander and the dealer started playing games with the extended warranty. I told the dealer that if I did buy an extended warranty it would only be one offered by Toyota and not a third party. At the very end when I was signing the papers I notice that he had the paperwork on a third party warranty. I had to force the issue to get the Toyota warranty instead.

Overall the Sequoia is a GREAT car! It does like fuel though, so if your tight on money, this might not be the right vehicle. I've had mine in the snow as well as rain and it always handles predictably in every situation. Great brakes, plenty of power, tight turning and luxurious.

This was my first Toyota because I've always been a GM man. But i was so impressed with Toyota that as I said earlier I just bought another one. So far over the last 8 months I've spent 100k with these folks and I'm very happy
  • It's great to hear you're still happy after 8 months. We're used to the gas mileage because we had a 4x4 Crew Cab that the Sequoia replaced. I think their gas mileage will be right about the same. This is my first Toyota, so hopefully our experience is as good as yours.