Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Sequoia Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jason973jason973 Posts: 7
    Can some of you post the sticker price as well as your lease payments, term, and down payment to make it simple? For example, Sticker Price was $48,350 and I negotiated a lease payment of $655 for 36 months with a total of $1500 out of pocket.
  • amheck1amheck1 Posts: 44
    Haven't done it yet, but here's what I was provided when emailing dealers asking about an SR5 with leather. Wanted to get in the $500/month ballpark. Took a little doing, as most were coming in at about $600/month and that just seemed high with a base model with very few options added.

MSRP: $37,900 SR5 with leather, CD changer, fog lamps, rook rack
    Payment $499/month plus tax, 36 months, 12K miles per year, $1500 down
    residual is 51%, Money factor is .00184
  • kgarykgary Posts: 180
    Can some of you post the sticker price as well as your lease payments, term, and down payment to make it simple? For example, Sticker Price was $48,350 and I negotiated a lease payment of $655 for 36 months with a total of $1500 out of pocket

MSRP of $59,000. Lease payment is $0. I bought the car. ;)
  • thetoolthetool Posts: 8
    Sequoia is now 5% for 5 years and a $2,000 cashback rebate. Knew this would happen...only wish I waited the few months before I bought mine!!!
  • ejtpaejtpa Posts: 5
    In Ohio, I'm purchasing this month at 0% for 60 months. Also had option for shorter terms or $4000 back.
  • thetoolthetool Posts: 8
    Typo, meant 0% for 5 years
  • chiliman07chiliman07 Posts: 2
    This a great price on the platinum warranty compared to my dealer quote of 1830.00. Would you share the name of the dealer? We put a down payment on a new sequoia limited which should arrive in a few days. Thanks
  • hdfatboyhdfatboy Posts: 324
    I paid $590 for the 6yr/75K mile/$0 deductible Toyota Platinum Extended Warranty on a 2008 4wd Platinum Sequoia directly from Toyota. http://www.toyotafinancial.com/consumer/tfs.portal;ofsc=1LnkLgTbvnMhQC1TbJdhn0ZT- 4p5NphCGg7Ln1ZzN1y0Cn5v0X6J2!-428111956!-1957201518?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pg_new- VehicleComparisonChartPage

I purchased the extended warranty plan from Troy Dietrich at TDietrich@FactoryDiscountWarranty.com

I also purchased the Toyota 4yr/55,000 Premium Auto Care Plan for $875 from Troy. http://www.toyotafinancial.com/consumer/tfs.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pg_PMPr- emiumCoverage
  • bbk1bbk1 Posts: 1
    Could you please give your feedback regarding a price we were quoted for a Sequoia LImited 4x4....

Sunroof
    Power rear door
    Rear Spoiler
    20 in. wheels
    DVD
    Navigation
    Captains Chairs
    Cold Kit
    Daytime running lights

MSRP $54,925
    Invoice $49,370 which includes TDA $858, Holdback $969, and Whsl. Financial Reserve $484

Offer is $49,870 plus tax, title, registration. We are going to take the 0% financing. No trade-in.

Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!
  • hello.

i'm actively looking for a 2008 sequoia ltd 4x4 with with option c - (from toyota.com - build your own). with pretty much every option here in central jersey. have a couple of dealers looking for it in existing inventory or pending inventory for the color/interior that i want.

should i go place an order and put down a small deposit.?
    what do you think?- the question is open to every one.

also am being told by the dealer - that i cannot get the 20 inch tires on a ltd in central jersey. even thought toyota.com build site supposedly lets you build it to that configuration.

my 2 questions are re the extended warrantee - i went to the site - it starts a credit application process. did you have to complete that before you you can get to the page for extended warrantees. did it show discounted price or did you actually have to make a phone call etc.
    i am planning on getting the platinum extended warrantee as well.

thank you for your help.
  • bbhn40bbhn40 Posts: 1
    Forgive my ignorance here... looking to buy Sequoia Ltd and they are around .88 of MSRP. No trade-in, cash deal. How does the $2000 cash back come into play? Would I expect they would "keep" this if I get them down to .85, or would I still get this on top of my .85 negotiation? Obviously I want the best price I can, but I want to be reasonable... thanks for your help.
  • hdfatboyhdfatboy Posts: 324
    "i'm actively looking for a 2008 sequoia ltd 4x4 with with option c - (from toyota.com - build your own). with pretty much every option here in central jersey. have a couple of dealers looking for it in existing inventory or pending inventory for the color/interior that i want.

should i go place an order and put down a small deposit.?
    what do you think?- the question is open to every one.

also am being told by the dealer - that i cannot get the 20 inch tires on a ltd in central jersey. even thought toyota.com build site supposedly lets you build it to that configuration.

my 2 questions are re the extended warrantee - i went to the site - it starts a credit application process. did you have to complete that before you you can get to the page for extended warrantees. did it show discounted price or did you actually have to make a phone call etc.
    i am planning on getting the platinum extended warrantee as well.

thank you for your help."

I'm from the Hunterdon County area and almost all of the LTD Sequoias I've seen on the lots have had 20" wheels so I'm not sure why your dealer is suggesting they're hard to get unless of course he doesn't have any on his lot. You should definitely shop around vs asking the dealer to shop for you. He's likely to say and do what he needs to in order to get you to buy from his inventory.

I did not purchase the extended warranty or the maintenance plan from the Toyota site. I only included those links so that others could read the different plans and coverage. To get the best price on the market I recommend you contact Troy at the email address I provided earlier. He works at a dealer and sells the plans at $50 over the dealer's cost. You're not likely to find anyone that can beat his price but you're welcome to shop it around just to be sure (as I did).
  • tsfantsfan Posts: 20
    the cash back has nothing to do with dealer. if you don't take it, toyota will not pass it onto dealer. it's always better to focus your negotiation on price that dealer has control.
  • chiliman07chiliman07 Posts: 2
    bbk1,
    Just purchased Sequoia Limited 2wd loaded with everything except dvd. The deal worked out to be 89.88% off of MSRP. You are very close to that, and if you like the car it is a great deal. Some parts of the country deal more than others, and 10% off MSRP is a great deal in most areas, although some people have received up to 12% off. My wife loves here new Sequoia, and good luck.
  • you can check my number at #1186, I think yours is very close to mine. just do everything you can to get lower price.

good luck.
  • wrxcstiwrxcsti Posts: 21
    Is the current $2000 cash back or 0% financing only a regional offer?

In California, is it only S. CA getting the offer (e.g. Los Angeles zip 90012), but NOT northern California? When I put in N. CA zip code (e.g. San Francisco zip 94111), no incentives showed up. It happened on both buyatoyota.com and Edmunds.com. Can someone confirm this?

Also, there are a lot of feedbacks on pricing from East Coast on this forum. Anyone here in CA can share the price in the market? I'm interested in a Limited AWD with Option H (e.g. 8 seater, 20-in wheels, Nav, DVD, etc.). Thanks.
  • hakalothakalot Posts: 2
    Would someone share with me deals you've got for 2008 Platinum pearl white in the LA Ventura area. I gather the 0% doesn't apply for Platinum, are there other incentives?

Thanks

Boulton
  • dionysusdionysus Posts: 5
    We live in the San Joaquin Valley in California and just purchased an '08 Sequoia Limited through the Costco auto purchase program. I feel that the Costco program worked great! The whole transaction was very smooth. Here was our price/info:

2008 Sequoia, Limited, 4X2, super white, graphite interior
    20 inch wheels
    Navigation w/JBL sound and 4 disc changer & backup camera
    Rear Entertainment
    Pwr. rear door with jam protection
    Moon roof
    Rear spoiler
    Daytime running lights
    Second row bench seat (we preferred this over captains for more seating)

MSRP: $51790
    Purchase price: $46944

We were pre-approved at Tier 1 (the best rate/credit) through Toyota Financial and got 0% financing.

A different dealer than we purchased through wouldnt budge off of a sales price of $47500 (this was not through Costco) for a similar vehicle however that particular one did not have the DVD/rear entertainment...plus they wanted to offer me 5.94% and acted as though it was a great rate. When I quesitoned as to why I wasn't being offered the 0%, they suddenly said, "oh, we can do that." No kidding.
  • mikee2125mikee2125 Posts: 5
    I looked throughout the Los Angeles and Orange County region and the dealers were not getting too far off MSRP. I then called Bob Baker Toyota in the San Diego area and gave them what I was looking for (a 4WD Platinum in Artic Frost Pearl.) They found one and sold it to me for $1500 over dealer invoice. We drove down and picked it up with no hassels. Friendly dealer, great to work with.
  • tsfantsfan Posts: 20
    you got a awsome deal. I am just wondering why the MSRP in California is much lower than Virginia.

I just but a same one as your without DVD and Navigation (all other options are same), the MSRP is $52090. Yours MSRP with extra DVD and Nav is even lower than mine.