Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Sequoia Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I just bought a 08 Sequoia Limited MSRP 51,625 for 42,288 from Doxon Toyota in Auburn Wa. Real nice folks to work with, no hard push. Got 5.99 percent on a 84 month loan. Really like driving the new beast. The dealership had 4 08 limited's with the same options, I think I got a pretty good deal. I did not like the sales tax 9.8 percent, ( Ouch!).
  • hdfatboyhdfatboy Posts: 324
    Warwickmon....Good to hear all's well with your Platinum Sequoia. My 2008 now has 28,000 miles and I like it as much or more than the day I bought it. Can't say that about to many other vehicles I've owned.

BTW I agree with the sentiment that since the '08 and '10 models are essentially identical, I would take the 08 plus $10K in the bank any day over buying a 2010 model.
  • fbdfbd Posts: 6
    Was your deal on 2WD or 4WD. What features did you get? Thanks.
  • fbdfbd Posts: 6
    What is a reasonable offer for 08 Limited 5.7 V8 Nav, DVD, Power Back Door, Moonroof, Cold Pkg, 20" wheels, Back Up Mirror, and Moonroof? MSRP $55,215 - Internet Price $45,984. Any guidance is appreciated.
  • Here in Washington State it seems the going price is about $9300 dollars off MSRP. Dealer hold back is about $965. For the limited dealer cost is about 41k then add your options. A good web site is truecar.com you can see past tranactions prices for the vehicle with options added. To me your price is pretty good, maybe try 45k to see if they will budge.

I had heard that the $3500 rebate is now $3000 starting 2 Jun.

I bought my Limited 4x4 sunroof, air suspension, rear spoiler, cold kit, power rear window, carpeted floor mats for $9337 off from MSRP. The dealer really wanted to move his 4 sequoia's and gave up his holdback to do so. Just my two cents. Hope this helps.
  • a8silvera8silver Posts: 20
    Hi Guys,
    I can get the extended platinum Toyota Warranty on a 08 Sequoia - 7yrs/100k for $845. What do you think? Is this a good deal or not worth the money?

Thanks
  • FBD - sorry for the delay in responding. I have a 2WD Limited package. 7 passenger, with XM added, moonroof, glass breakage alarm, the SE toyota package that includes window number etching, free oil change, road side assistance. 18 in wheels. I hope that helps.
  • It all depends on what it covers. That seems low for a Toyota warranty. I know that the overall warranty is 3 yr/36 mo, but the powertrain is 60k. I generally steer clear of extended warranties and I have not been burned. I do make sure that my maintanance happens when it is supposed to and so I have not had any problems on my three Toyota's that I have owned. Just my opinion though, and I know people buy them all the time and have had to use them.
    It is the Toyota's Platinum coverage. Similar to their std. 3yr/36k (without normal wear & tear). $0 deductible.
  • That seems to be a good price and if you prefer to buy extended warranties, then I would buy it. Heck, with the traveling that I do, I might need to check into it.
  • kwfkwf Posts: 1
    Last week I received an internet quote for $40,529 on a '08 Limited. MSRP of $47,270 with sunroof, power back hatch, and daytime running lights. I replied saying I would come in that day and buy it if they accepted an offer of $38,000.

Their reply was simply thank you for the offer but no....they didn't counter. I didn't respond and have been looking elsewhere since then but haven't been able to find a '08 I like....there aren't many '08's left in the Southeast. I checked today and the Sequoia is still available. I thought I would stop by the dealership this week and try to negotiate in person.

Any advice on a fair final price is greatly appreciated.
  • tenekramtenekram Posts: 5
    Don't wait to the last minute, if that is the vehicle you want, get it before someone else walk's of with it. I bought mine about 6 weeks ago noticing that Blue Sequioas were starting to dissapear of the lots at an alarming rate in the SE region. Don't play the wait game if that is the vehicle you want. Call the internet manager directly and offer a price that is between the 38K and their price. You got to be flexible with these guys, and remember, what really worked for me was to be pleasant with these guys but steadfast on your final price. Don't let your dream vechicle slip away from you, you may regret it when you see someone riding the vechicle that should have been yours.
  • ponytrekkerponytrekker Posts: 284
    >>Call the internet manager directly and offer a price that is between the 38K and their price.

The first rule of negotiating: don't negotiate against yourself. If you offer 39K they will simply say no, make another offer until you reach 40529.
  • hdfatboyhdfatboy Posts: 324
    I would wait for another week to pass from your original order. Never fall in love with a vehicle until you own it.

The dealer's floor space interest cost is drying up the value and eventually they'll want to unload. You might consider a higher offer but with something else included this way you're not negotiating with yourself. Maybe offer $39,000 but include a 5yr/100K extended warranty at no charge. Maybe toss into the deal your first 5 oil changes from the dealer at no charge. See if that approach breaks the dealer down to make an offer to unload the vehicle. then its back in your hands to decide if you want to accept their offer.
    I'd say 38K is a reasonable offer. Based on the previous posts, $9200-9500 off MSRP is the going rate these days. I paid $9300 off MSRP ~3 weeks ago.
  • FYI, an 08' Limited showed up on CarMax in TX yesterday @ $38 with 13K miles. Not that CarMax sets the market, but I think any reference point is helpful....
    There seems to be a big disconnect between KBB/NADA or Edmunds TMV and dealership pricing on used vehicles. In recent months, there seems to be unrealistic expectations built into used car pricing, and I've seen several cases where buying a new one was a no brainer.
  • Now I am confused. I know the 10' had a USB port on the dash (not sure about the 08'). I'm assuming that is how I would connect the ipod/iphone. Why would I need the accessory?
  • I have been reading this thread, and looking at an 08 Sequoia Limited. I just want to make sure that I am on the same page with everyone with regard to pricing. The 08 that I am looking at is a new vehicle (44 miles), and the dealer has several. The story that I get (from the dealer, as well as someone that works in Toyota production) is that production was decreased on 09's during the $4.00 per gallon gasoline period, and these are 08's that still haven't sold.

Now, I have also read within this thread that $9,000 - $9,500 off of MSRP is the going rate, but even on an 08 (although brand new) that has been on the dealer's lot since March of 2008, that will be a 2 year old vehicle in about a month when the 2010's arrive.

By the way, I have also heard that the number of 08's remaining on a dealer's lot will negatively impact that dealer's ability to secure 2010 models. Is that correct?
  • tenekramtenekram Posts: 5
    To all who are going to purchase an 08, does not really matter what model. Use this as a bargaining chip against the dealers, and salespersons. I am witness to this, I bought my SEQ 08 LMTD for 43K (tax and fees included), all the bells and whistles. Retail value right now is between 35K and 37K and I only have 1400 miles on it. Value decreased by 20%. You ask the dealer, sales person this. If I were to buy this vehcile now from you at this price, what would the price be tomorrow if I wanted to trade it in for something else. You can work it from there. Just an idea that I wished I had thought of when purchasing my SEQ. I still love my truck though, it is sweeeeeet. Especially when people turn their heads to look at squeaky clean look ride.
    Anyway 9 to 9.5K seems to be right.