Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Sequoia Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 774774 Posts: 101
    Infiniti is offering $6,000 off msrp and using overstock .com cars you can get another $3,900 or about $ 9,900 off msrp.

Its time for some incentives from toyota on the Sequoia.
  • Well, current incentives run to Nov. 16; hopefully they will put something on the Sequoia with the new incentives.
  • did you think about doing a 48 mo lease on the sequoia - the monthly payments are much more reasonable. i'm in the same boat, i have it narrowed down to the gl450 (36 mo) and the sequoia (48 mo lease).
  • I am not sure that the 48 month Toyota lease would be that much cheaper - I didn't price it - but I have an offer on the table for a 2010 Mecedes GL450, P1 package, dvd ent, running boards for $6800 down, 39/mo lease 12/k miles at $749/mo lease (includes tax). My Sequoia offer came to $850/mo similar terms. Toyota has more room but lets face it. drives like a truck - mercedes is much nicer luxury and handling wise - think I am going with the MB
  • GL is a sweet truck. My brother has had one for years and loves it, plus Mercedes is giving dealers incentives on these hence the deals. I was tempted by it as well, but there is no size comparison. 2 kids + large dog + six 14 hour r/t drives per year and many weekend trips made me go Sequoia. Look at what you get in Sequioa vs. Mb as well, I'm pretty sure Leather isn't even a standard option.

Checkout the Blutec if you do decide MB.
  • You are right about size - sequoia wins hands down - but my three kids (2 car seats) fit fine in the MB GL450 (the girl is in the third row, she drives the boys crazy!!), albeit with less room than the Toyota. But the Sequoia payment is actually $100 more than a Mercedes that is msrp of $15K MORE (same options) - figure that out! If the Sequioa was cheaper, I'd probably get it to save money, but I am actually saving money with the Mecedes - don't hear that too often!!

Still mulling the options - So far MB is offering $749/month (incld tax) for GL450 with P1 pkg, running boards and DVD sys. Pretty good deal - MB drives way better than the Toyota too - more like a car - plus, I think it looks nicer. ;)

btw, where are you driving 14 hours?? My kids would kill each other (or me!) - they can't do more than 2 hours (and that is with the DVD!!_ ;) ;)
  • Right now I have the $70225 GL450 at 770/mo+tax with 6200 drive off for a 3/36 lease.

I have the $58905 Sequoia Platinum at 760/mo+tax with 6500 drive off for a 4/48 lease.

I'm really having a hard time deciding between the two. Although I added several options to the GL, the Sequoia's standard options blow the GL away - it has everything. The GL though has more exterior appeal and a little more wow-factor.

Though the Sequoia is bigger, not sure if that's a plus or not. It would be great to have the Sequoia on long trips, but I think the GL would be better for everyday driving.

The Sequoia also is a slight plus because it has a higher tow rating and I have to pull a 6000 pnd boat.

Both get crappy gas mileage.

I just don't know.
  • Both great trucks...buy it for what you need and you will be happy. For business purposes (50% deduction in first year) I am purchasing so I did not get the lease sticker shock.

Have you looked at the MB on a 48Mo lease? At least they give a 48Mo warranty to match it.
  • The MB dealer said only the 36 mo leases are being supported by MB so the 39, 42 and 48 mo leases aren't as attractive.
  • Have you heard about this?? This is NO JOKE! I was about to buy the GL when I read about this little problem they were having....spontaneously bursting into flames!!! OMG!! There is some info in these forums and on mbworld.org. regarding this - I have seen pictures too - Does anyone know if they have fixed this issue for 2010 GL???

Still in my old car b/c I don't know what to do - At least it won't catch fire ;)

btw, Sequoia is a lot of money for what you get - It is not quite "lux" and the price you quoted (bjordan1) is the same lease for a car that costs $12k less! Not an attractive lease by toyota - I'm in same boat, but now with this fire thing......
  • It comes down to whether you want a masculine looking "truck" or a more luxury type vehicle. The monetary difference is merely the name as you know.....

The Sequoia is GREAT for everyday driving (as long as you have the sonar/navigation system for backup camera/powerfolding mirrors-amazing turning radius is really helpful too). I use it for groceries, errands, et. most of the time and am pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to drive. I love mine... (2010 Plat)

Either way, go with your initial instinct (it's almost always right) and you'll be happy.....
  • I am looking to purchase a new Sequoia. When will Toyota offer any incentives or special interest rates on the Sequoia??
  • Finally!!! 0% for 36 month incentive. Will not help those looking to lease...but a nice one for the buyers!
  • What region is the 0% any other offers?
  • goto toyota.com and click special offers to see if it is available in your area. Nothing else on Sequoia.
  • Sorry Toyota, not good enough.....closed the deal on a loaded 09 Expedition Limited.....$9200 off sticker, 0% for 5 yrs, dealer threw in 2 yrs of scheduled maint....too good to pass up
  • jryajrya Posts: 3
    I agree....Toyota missed the mark with this incentive. Had it been 5yr. 0%, there would be one in my driveway...With regard to the expedition, that's probably a 20k savings over a toyota with the disc. and finance offer....This is why Ford didn't take any bailout money...smart.
  • 774774 Posts: 101
    You are right Toyota needs to go with 5yr 0% along with some cash incentives say $4,000 off sticker or these vehciles will not sell. The last time I checked Infiniti was offering a $6,000 incentive to the buyer which means you can get 10,000 off sticker on a 4WD QX 56.
  • You can't find 0 for 60 and a cash incentive on any Japanese or German trucks...usually one or the other and the 0 for 60's are very few and far between. That is usually an American incentive. The 2010 QX is also 0 for 36 or 2.9 for 72 or crazy cash to dealer incentives also.

That being said this is the final year for the Q and they are being priced as such. I have gone back and forth, as my negotiated price on a Plat 4x4 is about $4,500 more than a comparable Q can be had for. Less when you factor in 0 for 36. Still, very, very tempting. I just like the Sequioa..the looks, the engine, access to third row.

I was just happy they threw me the bone of 0 for 36, which is actually worth $4,000-$5,000. ;)
  • kennynmdkennynmd Posts: 424
    I totally agree as well. There should be other options as well such as more dealer cash (4-6k) or maybe 1.9% for 60 months would have gotten me real interested in this vehicle. Its gotta be a small % of people that can do the 0% for 36 months. Depending if you have a load of cash to put down or a high value trade in, payments still have to be near 1k/month. Come on Toyota!!!!!!!!