Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus LS Owners: Meet the Members

Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,020
Please take a moment to introduce yourself and share some details about your LS!

My name is KarenS and I am the host of the Edmunds.com Owner's Clubs. Please let me know what discussions you would like to see in your Club folder. I will create them ASAP. You may want to take a look through the other clubs to get ideas for discussions.

Also, if you are interested in a live chat, I can arrange that for you. All Club chats are set up on

Tuesdays:
4:00-5:00 pm PT/7:00-8:00pm ET

-or-

Thursdays:
5:00-6:00pm PT/8:00-9:00pm ET
6:00-7:00pm PT/9:00-10:00 ET
7:00-8:00pm PT/10:00-11:00pm ET
(The latter may be rather late for East Coasters, but is available if you want.)

Let me know if you are interested in a chat and the day/time convenient for you.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

KarenS
Host
Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

Comments

• stevesteinstevestein Posts: 263
    I've been posting on the Lexus LS topic under Sedans. I took delivery of my LS430 two weeks ago, and I am thrilled with the car. It's Mystic Sea Opalescent/Ecru with the ML/Nav/LLink options. Wheels and suspension are standard. Thanks to Jflx, wbwynn, flint350 and many others for help in making the purchasing decision and also for some C-Best recommendations.
    One possible area for this board is a discussion of changes made to the default settings of the basic car and Nav system. Door locks are one popular change. The Edmunds list under profile won't let you select an LS430, only an LS400. You need to update this pull down list.
  • edspider1edspider1 Posts: 195
    Yes, Yes. I've been asking for that change for 8 months. Amazing how hard it is for them.
  • Hi Karen, is there a message board for IS owners? I looked but could not find one. Picked mine up yesterday, great car! Just curious to find out if any issues with the IS series that I should be concerned about.

LS owners, my apology for taking up your space and time here, thanks!
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,020
    As you can see, the LS owners aren't exactly active here in the LS club. Perhaps if I change it to Lexus LS AND IS Owners it will bring in some new blood?

KarenS
    Host
    Owners Club

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• Actually, that's not a bad idea at all, as long as LS folks don't feel like they are being "down graded" But....International Scout?!?! My father used to have one!!! :)
    Got my IS a couple of days ago, almost picked up a speeding tix on my way home from the dealer, got off with just a friendly warning, the officer must be a Lexus fan. God bless them CHP's! Does
    any one know if the IS is considered a sport car? My insurance co. just tripled my policy, even though I have a spotless driving record, siting that the IS is a high risk car. I can see their point, though, the IS WILL do 90+ so effortlessly that you wouldn't even feel it! Time to shop for a new insurance co. ?
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,020
    But....International Scout?!?! My father used to have one!!! :)

Are you inferring that I am OLD???!!! Uhh..well..I guess I am. ;-) That Scout got me through a lot of weather. Since I was working nights at the time, it was comforting knowing I could make it home even if the plows hadn't gotten out yet. But, I do recall that the heater wasn't all that great.

I doubt if they LS folks will put up a fuss, and I will put it on my to-do list.

KarenS
    Host
    Owners Clubs

• mikie_camikie_ca Posts: 3
    Oh, Noooooooo! I would't bite the hands that feed me, would I? :) You were right about the heater in the Scout, always either too hot or too cold! But I should not complaint about it because for 5 years, it was our family car, and the previous car that my father had? A WW II surplus Jeep!
  • jbianco12jbianco12 Posts: 125
    Hi Everyone,
    Just thought I'd say hello and that I'm looking forward to learning more about your experiences with the LS. I picked up my car in January and now have 2700 miles on it. I got the custom package...silver with ecru interior. Believe it or not, there was not a single problem with it....There are a few quirks with the dealer settings that kind of bug me, but I guess I'll get used to them.
  • jsb16jsb16 Posts: 64
    Did your sealer have agood stock of the custom luxury vehicles vs. the ultra luxury vehicles? I can't see how the extra $5K for the UL model is worth it since the back seat is little used and then only by my kids. I guess my ideal vehicle would be a 2001 certified custom luxury trade-in since I only drive 8000 miles a year and like the idea of not taking such a big depreciation hit. How much below sticker were you able to purchae the vehicle for?
    The dealer did not have any Custom or Luxury vehicles on premises. However, I told him what I wanted (the Custom pkg) and color (silver/ecru) and he checked the shipments that were coming in from Japan. He found one and made sure I got it. It took about 3 weeks to get the exact car I wanted. Not bad!!! In case you're in CA, I got mine at Thousand Oaks Lexus. Ask for Junius. He was very patient.
    My company has a fleet deal with Lexus so I think I got a pretty good price.
    I agree about the Ultra. All the back seat extras does nothing for MY comfort...lol.
  • jefftpjefftp Posts: 11
    JBianco & JSB16:

I don't know that I agree- the reclining rear seat in the Ultra is pretty sweet... Its the most comfortable you are going to be in a moving vehicle, with the possible exception of a private railcar or the back seat of a Lincoln Town Car Cartier "L". An then just think: No longer would the kids have to be content with rolling the power windows up, and down, and up and down and up and down and... They could recline the seet up and back and up and back and up and back and ...........
    I did seriously consider the Ultra. The back seat does provide serious comfort. But I guess I just didn't need it bad enough. Maybe next time. If the gadgets keep the kids amused, then there's certainly some value add for you.
  • phung9phung9 Posts: 2
    Hello everybody
    I am considering of buying a LS400 1990, only one concern is the average maintenance cost of this luxury sedan.
    Is there any advise or idea how much it would cost average for this car?

Thks for your time.

Phung9
  • c5goldc5gold Posts: 4
    I'm a new member to this discussion.
    I pick up a new LS430 UL tomorrow. I've seen several references to default settings for nav system and ??. Does this refer to the dealer's ability to "program" various functions in the car ? On the test drive, I noticed the auto door locks do not unlock (rear) when car is shut down or in Park. Is this programmable ?? What else is ?
    Any info would be appreciated.
    Thx
  • stevesteinstevestein Posts: 263
    Dealers can set the door locks to work in the following ways:
    1 click of unlock button on key unlocks drivers door (default) or all doors.
    Putting car in park unlocks drivers door (default) or all doors
    All doors lock when car is put in gear(default) or at 12 mph
    Door relock setting 30 sec (default) or 1 min
  • vrossvross Posts: 1
    Thanks for the locks info. I have had my car Black on Black LS 430 for three weeks with no issues. I love this car. However, I would highly suggest the parking assistance accessary feature. I continually bump into pillars as it is difficult to judge the bumper from obsticles and there is no molding on the bumpers. Just a thought....
  • Purchased my Pearl White '93 6 years ago with 42K and now have 110K. Great car, showroom condition with only the minor dash lite recalcitrance at start up during cooler weather which is November thru February here in North Carolina. Just signed up today, so will be an interested and active member. Plan to move up to a 2001 LS430 in a year or so.

pedronc
  • I pick up my Lexus LS 430 in 2 days. I have owned BMW's (7 series) for 20 years. I just was wowed by the comfort of the LS and the quality of the GPS system. Any hints on asking the dealer (Serramonte- Daly City, CA) what to pre program for me. Also, any suggestions on a good hands free cell phone system. The Lexus cell phone at $3,000 is just too pricey.
  • I don't know much about car cell phone because I don't have one installed on the car. My Nokia hand held works fine with a handfree attachment.

As to the program on the LS, the first change is free. Unless your dealer's pre-program doesn't count to the first free change, I suggest you try out all the manufacturer default settings for a few weeks before deciding to change any. After I have my LS for a few months, I decide to keep the default settings.
  • on lock settings and default values.