Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus LS Owners: Meet the Members

Comments

• jab2jab2 Posts: 1
    I'm considering purchasing the 430 LS. Have been driving a Cadillac Seville with front wheel drive. I sense caution from the sales rep who recommends snow tires on all four wheel. Any experience with this and results?
  • I am new to this forum.My Lexus LS430 (2001) does not respond to the commands of the the controlling key.Does not start but the fan rolls,key remote does not lock centrally any more,security light blinks continously,i guess this means means the the systems are coded. I am an electrical engineer and am overwhelmed. I need urgent advice on this problem. (ripplesxp@yahoo.com)
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,032
    We encourage our members to post their problems and solutions here. That way all can benefit.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• dexmondexmon Posts: 8
    Hi I am new to this forum. I am a Black Car driver in New York City who drove Lincolns for 12 yrs.I decided that it was time for a change so I started looking at MB,BMW & LEXUS. After doing some research I concluded that the LS430 was the best and most reliable big luxury sedan on the road. I bought my LS 430 ON 1/31/05. I love this car so much I love the way it looks I love the way it handles. The only thing I don't like is that when I release the brake pedal you hear a little creaking sound. I ask the dealer about it and they said that that is the sound of the brake releasing and that is normal. I also wish that they would give it 6 inches more rear legroom.
  • rgswrgsw Posts: 333
    I suggest you go to the dealer and try another LS430 and see if it has the same characteristic, i.e. makes the same sound as yours when releasing the brake. My 05 does not do that. As for the back seat leg room, I've always been pleased with the amount of room in the back seat of the LS430. I'm afraid they would want another $10K for an extended version. Enjoy your new car.
  • dexmondexmon Posts: 8
    Hi thanks for that piece of advise. I think that I am gonna do that on Monday or Tuesday and see what happens when I release the brake pedal.
  • leonardwleonardw Posts: 4
    Just took delivery of my LS 430 (2005) , Wonderful car in every way except the ride. The car rides a little better than my old pick-up truck. After reading about the LS 430 wonderful ride in all the reviews,I'm thinking maybe I have the wrong suspension. My LS 430 has the 18" rims and all weather tires.I there something I can do to correct this problem? Thanks to anyone who can give me some advice about this problem.
  • Hi Joseph, Congratulations on your purchase of a fine motoring machine. I think that it was just a real great purchase; don't look back they might be gaining on you. Just kidding. It is a great car and you and your family will enjoy many, many hours of luxury car cruising. SemperFi
    I just returned from the tire shop,and they tell me that the reason my LS430 rides so hard is the 18"wheels and the high performance tires(Dunlop) So I guess the best thing I can do is go back to the dealer and ask them to install the original 17" wheel and tires on the car.I only have about 150 miles on the car so I hope they will do this.
    I would appreciate if anyone can give me any help concerning this. Thanks.
  • 98ls400mi98ls400mi Posts: 1
    Yes - my car now has about 80,000 miles and "creaks" as well. You can especially hear it when going up the incline of my driveway at low speed. Anybody know what this is?

Also moonroof shade has very annoying rattle as well as the driver's side door.
    Other than that, best vehicle I have ever owned. Outstanding engine, smooth and powerful, avg 23MPG! Superb workmanship and finish. Seats are very comfortable for long cruising - this car is the best interstate cruiser around. A bit floaty, but supremely comfortable and responsive. And reliable. Scheduled service, that's been it. Just a great car!

Michelin Energy MXV4 tires are excellent for ride, but horrible in snow. And that's being VERY kind. Very, Very kind. Anybody have a suggestion for a good all-season tire that actually has SOME traction in the snow?

Local dealer here in Michigan is wonderful, best service I have ever had - and that's saying a lot as I have had some excellent experience with previous cars and trucks I have owned over the years.
  • sv7887sv7887 Posts: 351
    98ls,
    That creaking is likely front suspension bushings. I had that done on my 92 LS for only $142..You also may need shocks done at the mileage. That could be shocks or just the bushings. Make sure the Power Steering fluid is changed regularly. They tend to leak if this is neglected and can take out the alternator.

I'm surprised the MXV4 isn't working for you. They are standard equipment on most luxury cars.. I have those on my 92 and drove it in the middle of a nasty Boston snow storm with little if any problems..They've been a real winner in the winter. What speed rating are your tires? I have a H (130 MPH) rating on mine. I'm a real Michelin man,...Another good tire set are the Bridgestone Turanza LS-H...Ever consider getting a rim/snow tire set? If you're planning on keeping your 98 you can get a moderately priced set from TireRack. (Bridgestone Blizzaks cannot be beat, WS-50's in particular). I think the bolt pattern for the new LS430's is different so I'm not sure they will work on those.

SV
  • jmaplejmaple Posts: 1
    MIke,

Do you still have your 1995 LS400? I have a 1996 LS400 purchased in 2001, has 79,000 miles and is running great. Had someone ask me last Friday if I bought a new car!

Plan on keeping the car a long time!

Jeff
  • paulrlpaulrl Posts: 11
    I bought 05LS430 on Dec 04 with 18" rim ,on the way home feel like driving a truck.Next morning i went back to dealer [Grape vine,Tx] ask manager to change back to 17" He said OK.
    On the way back home feel completely difference
    17" has more rubber,smoother than 18",thanks god
  • irishvolirishvol Posts: 1
    I just bought a perfect '98 LS400. What a dream auto! Never experenced anything like it.
    I have 2 questions: First: Should the trans be shifted manually or will this cause damage? Second: Will replacing the 225-60-16 tires and wheels with 245-45-17s effect the electronic readouts and speedometer? They are one of 3 sizes suggested for +one replacements along with 225-55-17 and 235-50-17 but there is actually a much better selection available in the 45s.
    Hi! Have had my 2005/LS430 for a month now and I'm very disapointed in the ride.It was delivered with 19"wheels and tires.I'm think the car has the capibility of riding much
    better with 16"whells and tires.I'm told the LS400 had a very smooth ride wit the 16" wheel.Can anyone coment on any problems with a change like this.Thanks for any help anyone can give.
    Never heard of 19" wheels on 2005 LS 430. They come standard with 17" wheels which I prefer. The sport wheels available from the factory are 18" and most folk believe they do ride firmer. Many customers have returned the new LS 430 to the dealer and exchanged for 17" wheels. Good luck.
  • ggeorgeggeorge Posts: 4
    Recently bought a 99LS400. The lift supports were weak and sagged down. The Lexus dealer quoted me a cost of approximately $230 to replace the both of them!! I checked Advance and Autozone without success. I replaced both of my 91Cad lifters for $40. More like it. In the meantime I bought a pair of vice grips to snap onto one of the lifters. Works great. My mechanic said he always uses the same technique. I hope I don't have similiar costs for other future minor repairs. But I sure love the 400.
  • Purchased a beautiful LS430 in Briarwood, but after 5000+ miles I have a couple of problems. I cannot seem to get comfortable in the drivers seat! Also the ride is very poor compared to my 96 LS 400.

Anybody else have similar complaints?
    Suggest you post this to the "LS430" or "Owner's problems and solutions" forum. This subject has come up before. Suggest you do a "search" at the top of the forum for "LS" or "Owner's Problems and Solutions". I got quite a few hits when I typed in "seat comfort". Most folk praised the driver's seat, a few had the same general comments that you have.
  • Hi,
    I have an 2005 LS 430. I will be moving to Italy and I am planning to ship the car too. Do you know where could i buy a navigation CD for Italy in english support.

Thanks
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    I had trouble with the seat as well - just has no support, it's like sitting on a folding chair with a little padding & nice leather. Lexus really needs to go get a Volvo seat, tear it down, and copy it. Eventually, I got used to it - but it's probably the poorest part of the car, IMO.
  • pat26pat26 Posts: 2
    I'm going to buy a 93 LS400 with 130000KM in perfect state, where is the risk, for 5000 Euros
    Well, I don't have my conversion chart with me, so I don't know what $5000 euros means to me, but the risk with a well kept 93 LS400, would be in the air suspension, and the LCD readouts in the dash, and the instrument cluster. You may lose a power steering pump too, which when it leaks, will take out the alternator below. But the engine and transmission are only half done, so I wouldn't worry about those.
  • pat26pat26 Posts: 2
    I go to Berlin tomorrow to buy the car and return to Toulouse with it, I shall see .......
    Let us know how that goes.....?
  • edstticoedsttico Posts: 2
    I had same/similar problem...an '04 LS 430 with unsatisfactory ride. Turned out to be a busted strut, left rear. An inexpensive (relatively) fix that really give the car a beautiful ride again. Maybe your situation is different, tho.
  • edstticoedsttico Posts: 2
    This may seem strange, but I also had problems finding a comfortable driver's seat position but fooled around with it a lot and found one that's great even on long rides. I hated the seat, not I like it.
    I still hate the seat, and have not really yet found that sweet spot for a seating position. I've always had this problem with Toyotas - they're not built for a long-legged, fat assed American male. If I don't buy another Lexus, the seat would likely be the reason. The rest of the car, I love.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,032
    A national newspaper is looking to interview consumers who have recently purchased a luxury car for the first time and about why you decided to purchase a luxury car. Please send an e-mail to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Friday, November 10, 2006 by 2:00 PM PST/5:00 EST containing your daytime contact information.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

I DID buy another Lexus in August, and the seat on this one is far superior to my old one. So, the relentless pursuit is still going on, successfully.