Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus LS Owners: Meet the Members

Comments

• hi my family recently bought a 2003 ls430 with ultra luxury pakage. We chose it over the 430sclass and the jaguar xj. Was this a good disition. we don't care too much about looks. mostly just technology and reliabiliy.
  • dwitydwity Posts: 3
    I bought my car about 5 years ago with 23k on it. It now has 71k and is in like new condition with three excpetions: lcds on radio are moody, drivers heated seat does not work and front suspension "creaks" when changing directions. I've seen these cars with 300k on them and they are like new. It is truly an impressive automobile that gets 25mpg and goes like hell when you ask it to. Cost of maintenance is very low and the build quality is exceptional.

Best Regards,

Mike
  • kghoshalkghoshal Posts: 1
    I am new to the LS Owners forum. However this is my second LS --- had a 1999 LS400 which I turned-in in 2002 to get my current LS430.

Can't tell if I am overly squeamich about my cars but can anyone comment if the LS430 is "noisier" than the previous LS400? The dealer has been more than generous in accommodating my paranoia -- going to the extent last year of even offering to give me a different car after about a month of purchase (I didn't accept that generous offer -- accepting to get different tyres put in instead).

After having driven this car for more than a year now, I still feel there is more wind-noise and road noise than the prevous generation of LS. Any comments?
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    Are a BIG part of the noise factor. For most quiet do not use all-season, only "summer" tires. I've found bridgestone turanzas to be the best. Oh, and anything above 16" wheels will add a significant level of noise.
  • carolinecaroline Posts: 2
    you sound pretty knowledgeable about these 430's and i just joined the club and just took delivery of a 430 and my husband liked it so much he bought the UL to be delivered in a couple of days. we are converts from BMW 7 series. what do you know about bluetooth adapters for cell phones to communicate with the 430. i just bought a DC600 to go on my motorola T720 but i haven't read through the directions yet--i'm still working on the lexus and navigation books. will be grateful for any info you can share.
  • rgswrgsw Posts: 333
    Suggest you post this to "LEXUS LS". There have been several postings on BlueTooth. It is my understanding (2004 LS430) is BlueTooth compatible. You need a phone that is blue tooth capable, then register the phone with your navigation system, and start talking.
  • stevesteinstevestein Posts: 261
    Caroline -
    My LS is a 2001, so no experience with Bluetooth yet. When the LS goes in off lease my wife is getting a 2005 RX which will have 4th gen Nav /w bluetooth. Hopefully by then Verizon will have a bluetooth phone so I won't have to work with adapters. Rgsw is correct in that quite a few of the 2004 LS owners have been discussing their bluetooth experiences on the Lexus LS board whaic is much more active, and I also recommend going there. Congratulations on your purchases. They are simply marvelous cars. Never looked back at MB once I got a Lexus. I will be getting another LS in 2007 (just leased an SC in an "wild and crazy" moment..also great, but very different. No regrets, but couldn't see having an SC, RX and LS for just my wife and I.
  • 19331933 Posts: 3
    Hello Everyone just a few annoying problems with the 2004 LS430 that I don't like.I think most people are so exciteded to be driving one of these cars they don't notice anything else.
    1.A few seconds of hesitation when accelerating.
    Dealer says this has been going on since 1998 and is a engeering problem.
    2.When braking heavy and then release brake pedal car continues to brake real hard.
    3.Can not start car after parking car with front wheels a little crooked.
    4. This car is over engineered.
    5. I wish I had my old car back.
    As for the hesitation in accelerating, I had the new transmission put last week and I believe it has a lot less hesitation. Maybe it's just me, but at least I'm happier about it. As for the braking, I can imagine that the computer force that is applied for panic braking does not come off as fast as you do. That's interesting, may require a bit of tweeking? The front wheels crooked gave me quite a start the first time it happened. I jiggled the wheel a bit and it released. I now have an automatic response to jiggle the wheel if the ignition seems like it's tight or locked. Don't even consider it a problem any more. No comment on Over Engineered or wanting my old car back.
  • Hi! Just wondering how you like your LS430 by now? I have had mine since last Nov and like it very much. I had a 1997 LS 400 before. The only problem I have is I don't think it rides as smooth as my 97. They tell me its because of the 16" tires. One thing I like is the service it has given me. In the past I have also had a 2000 RX300 and a 2002 RX300 with no problems. I think Lexus is a very well made car.
  • jab2jab2 Posts: 1
    I'm considering purchasing the 430 LS. Have been driving a Cadillac Seville with front wheel drive. I sense caution from the sales rep who recommends snow tires on all four wheel. Any experience with this and results?
  • I am new to this forum.My Lexus LS430 (2001) does not respond to the commands of the the controlling key.Does not start but the fan rolls,key remote does not lock centrally any more,security light blinks continously,i guess this means means the the systems are coded. I am an electrical engineer and am overwhelmed. I need urgent advice on this problem. (ripplesxp@yahoo.com)
  • We encourage our members to post their problems and solutions here. That way all can benefit.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• dexmondexmon Posts: 8
    Hi I am new to this forum. I am a Black Car driver in New York City who drove Lincolns for 12 yrs.I decided that it was time for a change so I started looking at MB,BMW & LEXUS. After doing some research I concluded that the LS430 was the best and most reliable big luxury sedan on the road. I bought my LS 430 ON 1/31/05. I love this car so much I love the way it looks I love the way it handles. The only thing I don't like is that when I release the brake pedal you hear a little creaking sound. I ask the dealer about it and they said that that is the sound of the brake releasing and that is normal. I also wish that they would give it 6 inches more rear legroom.
    I suggest you go to the dealer and try another LS430 and see if it has the same characteristic, i.e. makes the same sound as yours when releasing the brake. My 05 does not do that. As for the back seat leg room, I've always been pleased with the amount of room in the back seat of the LS430. I'm afraid they would want another $10K for an extended version. Enjoy your new car.
  • dexmondexmon Posts: 8
    Hi thanks for that piece of advise. I think that I am gonna do that on Monday or Tuesday and see what happens when I release the brake pedal.
  • leonardwleonardw Posts: 4
    Just took delivery of my LS 430 (2005) , Wonderful car in every way except the ride. The car rides a little better than my old pick-up truck. After reading about the LS 430 wonderful ride in all the reviews,I'm thinking maybe I have the wrong suspension. My LS 430 has the 18" rims and all weather tires.I there something I can do to correct this problem? Thanks to anyone who can give me some advice about this problem.
  • Hi Joseph, Congratulations on your purchase of a fine motoring machine. I think that it was just a real great purchase; don't look back they might be gaining on you. Just kidding. It is a great car and you and your family will enjoy many, many hours of luxury car cruising. SemperFi
  • leonardwleonardw Posts: 4
    I just returned from the tire shop,and they tell me that the reason my LS430 rides so hard is the 18"wheels and the high performance tires(Dunlop) So I guess the best thing I can do is go back to the dealer and ask them to install the original 17" wheel and tires on the car.I only have about 150 miles on the car so I hope they will do this.
    I would appreciate if anyone can give me any help concerning this. Thanks.
  • 98ls400mi98ls400mi Posts: 1
    Yes - my car now has about 80,000 miles and "creaks" as well. You can especially hear it when going up the incline of my driveway at low speed. Anybody know what this is?

Also moonroof shade has very annoying rattle as well as the driver's side door.
    Other than that, best vehicle I have ever owned. Outstanding engine, smooth and powerful, avg 23MPG! Superb workmanship and finish. Seats are very comfortable for long cruising - this car is the best interstate cruiser around. A bit floaty, but supremely comfortable and responsive. And reliable. Scheduled service, that's been it. Just a great car!

Michelin Energy MXV4 tires are excellent for ride, but horrible in snow. And that's being VERY kind. Very, Very kind. Anybody have a suggestion for a good all-season tire that actually has SOME traction in the snow?

Local dealer here in Michigan is wonderful, best service I have ever had - and that's saying a lot as I have had some excellent experience with previous cars and trucks I have owned over the years.