Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Service, TSB - 2014 Mazda MAZDA3 S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 6,322
edited June 2014 in Mazda
imageFirst Service, TSB - 2014 Mazda MAZDA3 S Long-Term Road Test

This long-term update of Edmunds' Mazda 3 includes details about the car's first service.

Read the full story here

·

Comments

• corioliscoriolis Posts: 1

Any rust on your Mazda3? The 1st and 2nd generation Mazda3's had a terrible reputation for rusting. There have been a few reports of brand new 2014 models already having rust show up in the door hinge and tailgate areas!

·
  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 7,232

^^^ Troll much?

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport 1975 2002A 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 1999 Wrangler 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2009 328i Son's: 2004 X3 2.5

·
  • coriolis may very well be serious. There's a bunch of Mazda enthusiasts over in this forum freaking out about rust around some welding points on their 2014 Mazda3's: http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-mazda-3-skyactiv-appearance-interior/58489-rust.html

It's enough to make me reconsider. I'd just like the Edmunds folks to comment on whether their 3 shows any sign of the aforementioned rust (It would be great to see a counterexample) and whether they think it is a serious issue or something they see with all of their other current long-term test models

·
    Wow; guerrilla marketing at it's most inept. Three posts(one being a duplicate) waxing hysterical about rust on the Mazda 3. Checking out the link reveals not one picture of the alleged rust. Why am I not surprised?

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport 1975 2002A 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 1999 Wrangler 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2009 328i Son's: 2004 X3 2.5

·
  • siddo1960siddo1960 Posts: 1
    I leased a new 2014 Mazda 3 last August and after driving it for a few weeks noticed that it was pulling to the left. The dealer told me that I needed to break it in. Then a vent control stopped working and they fixed that. Now the rear door on the driver's side is rusting. The dealer asked if I had a rack on it and I was offended by this since the car literally only has 3300 miles after almost a year. He gave me the option of having one side of the body painted, but said the colors may not match as it ages and that I might be penalized for this at the end of the lease. He suggested using touch up paint to address the issue. He said that it would be put on order but I would have to have the touch up done after it got warmer. My concern is the rust might spread since they dd not to stop the spread. Also, he said I could reapply the paint as needed. Why would a car less than a year old need to have re-application of paint. He asked if I planned on keeping the car at the end of the lease and I rolled my eyes. I was considering a Nissan Juke or VW Gof. I wish that I had looked at the other cars, but the reviews and recommendations for this car were numerous. The care also creaks one day and then does not the next. Not pleased at all with this lease. I think Japanese cars are no longer a swell built as they used to be.
    ·
    edited March 28
    Another one-and-done rusting Mazda 3 post.
    Surely not!
    My 2007 MS3 has 150,000 miles on it- but no rust. It's also dead silent. The only reason I'm not considering a new Mazda 3 is because I'm hoping/waiting for the rumored 2016 MS3 with AWD and at least 300 hp.

·