Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





2015 Chevy Tahoe Lease Questions

24

Comments

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 8,103

    @tomrnh said: which options get you to the 62% residual?

    1LS

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,128

    @tomrnh said: which options get you to the 62% residual?

    1LS option code pkg gets you the higher residual.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • tomrnhtomrnh Posts: 2

    Okay so that's basically something all of the LTZ's have then? So those would be at 62%?

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,128

    @tomrnh said: Okay so that's basically something all of the LTZ's have then? So those would be at 62%?

    I really don't know.. If you say so, I believe you.. ;-)

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • ufgator24ufgator24 Posts: 2

    Whats the money factor and residual for a 36 month/10K lease on a LTZ?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 8,103

    @ufgator24 said: Whats the money factor and residual for a 36 month/10K lease on a LTZ?

    2.25% and either 61% or 63% residual.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • edsmed1edsmed1 Posts: 8

    Hello. This is the lease I am being offered as far as I can tell:

    2015 tahoe lt 4wd (luxury, sun/ent/dest, max trailer, black racks, polished tips, 2nd row buckets, 20" wheels) 3 yr / 36K msrp 62,440 selling price 57,716 (invoice i think) apr 2.25 residual 60% tax rate 8.11% additional fees approx 1K including aquisition and doc only first month due at signing payment with tax $740

    Does this look right? Should I pay for the aquisition and doc fee upfront so it isn't taxed? Is the residual 60% or 62? Every dealer here swears it's 60.

    Thanks in advance.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 8,103

    @edsmed1 said: Hello. This is the lease I am being offered as far as I can tell:

    2015 tahoe lt 4wd (luxury, sun/ent/dest, max trailer, black racks, polished tips, 2nd row buckets, 20" wheels) 3 yr / 36K msrp 62,440 selling price 57,716 (invoice i think) apr 2.25 residual 60% tax rate 8.11% additional fees approx 1K including aquisition and doc only first month due at signing payment with tax $740

    Does this look right? Should I pay for the aquisition and doc fee upfront so it isn't taxed? Is the residual 60% or 62? Every dealer here swears it's 60.

    Thanks in advance.

    When I run your numbers, I get a pre-tax payment of $652.02; after 8% tax, the payment goes to $704.19.

    Tahoe RV is either 58% (w/o 1LS) or 60% (w/ 1LS). That is for 36/15 - add 2% for 12K.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • joe24joe24 Posts: 27

    i went to the dealer today and they insist its 60% for LTZ and LT for 12K miles. I don't think there is a 1LS option for LTZ.

  • joe24joe24 Posts: 27

    are you sure is 62% for the LTZ for 3 years 12K miles

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 8,103

    @joe24 said: i went to the dealer today and they insist its 60% for LTZ and LT for 12K miles. I don't think there is a 1LS option for LTZ.

    It's possible the 1LS has nothing to do with the options on the sticker. 58% w/o 1LS equates to 60% for 12K miles.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • caltmancaltman Posts: 37

    Hello,

    Looking for a 2015 Tahoe LTZ, and there are a bunch of them in my area which are loaded and were used to cart around professional athletes for a sporting event. I've found a bunch of them (all identical color and options) at various dealers in town. Discounted prices are $5000-7350 off MSRP. Mileage on most are 600-1000 miles.

    One of the dealers told me that GM gave them extra "support" to get rid of theirs (which I assume means they all got this support to sell them). In my mind, all of them are "Demos," and they should be more heavily discounted than a brand new vehicle.

    Any idea of what kind of support GM would give to move these vehicles? I'm confident I can scoop one up for at least $7000 off, but with the holiday weekend approaching and so many in town, I'm thinking one of the dealers will be motivated even more.

    Thoughts?

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,128

    @caltman said: Hello,

    Looking for a 2015 Tahoe LTZ, and there are a bunch of them in my area which are loaded and were used to cart around professional athletes for a sporting event. I've found a bunch of them (all identical color and options) at various dealers in town. Discounted prices are $5000-7350 off MSRP. Mileage on most are 600-1000 miles.

    One of the dealers told me that GM gave them extra "support" to get rid of theirs (which I assume means they all got this support to sell them). In my mind, all of them are "Demos," and they should be more heavily discounted than a brand new vehicle.

    Any idea of what kind of support GM would give to move these vehicles? I'm confident I can scoop one up for at least $7000 off, but with the holiday weekend approaching and so many in town, I'm thinking one of the dealers will be motivated even more.

    Thoughts?

    I don't have any information on what sort of discount they might go for. I will say that the new 2015 Tahoe is a very popular vehicle, and if you can get a big discount on it, you should grab it. 1000 miles isn't very much and really only drops the value by about $250.. So, if they are offering the vehicle for a few thousand dollars less, that's a real bonus.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • joe24joe24 Posts: 27

    Does any one have the latest (September) residual rates and money factor for 2015 tahoe, 12k 36 months and 39 months?

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,128

    @joe24 said: Does any one have the latest (September) residual rates and money factor for 2015 tahoe, 12k 36 months and 39 months?

    Sorry, but we don't have the latest Chevy numbers, yet.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • Does anyone have the September MF and RV for a 2015 Tahoe LT 4WD for 36mo/10K and 36mo/12k?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 8,103
    sbellesq said:

    Does anyone have the September MF and RV for a 2015 Tahoe LT 4WD for 36mo/10K and 36mo/12k?

    36/12 - 2.45% MF and 58% residual. Add 1% for 10K.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • Im looking at a 2015 tahoe LT with a stated MRSP of $59055 and invoice price of $54590.05 with a percentage of 3.75% and a 59% residual/ 15,ooo miles 36 months...... Is this a good deal because the 3.75 sounds high with a 700 credit score...thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,128
    pierce6 said:

    Im looking at a 2015 tahoe LT with a stated MRSP of $59055 and invoice price of $54590.05 with a percentage of 3.75% and a 59% residual/ 15,ooo miles 36 months...... Is this a good deal because the 3.75 sounds high with a 700 credit score...thanks

    I show 2.45% APR and 60% residual through Ally..

    Maybe they are using a different bank? Or, just marking up the rates..

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • joe24joe24 Posts: 27
    what is the residual and money factor for LTZ for 39/12K, 39/15K
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 8,103
    joe24 said:

    what is the residual and money factor for LTZ for 39/12K, 39/15K

    2.45% and 56% for 39/15. Add 2% for 12K

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • Can i get the latest MF and RV for a 2015 Tahoe LTZ (MSRP 66,290) for 36 months, 12 & 15 K?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 8,103
    jcgp1200 said:

    Can i get the latest MF and RV for a 2015 Tahoe LTZ (MSRP 66,290) for 36 months, 12 & 15 K?

    2.45% and 58% for 36/15. Add 2% for 12K.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • joe24joe24 Posts: 27
    Is this a good deal. Tahoe LTZ 66150 MSRP. In NJ 39/12K mile lease. Selling price 61700, MF 2.45 and residual of 58. $700 per month including tax and fee's (MV, doc, NJ extra tax) with $3K down.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 8,103
    joe24 said:

    Is this a good deal. Tahoe LTZ 66150 MSRP. In NJ 39/12K mile lease. Selling price 61700, MF 2.45 and residual of 58. $700 per month including tax and fee's (MV, doc, NJ extra tax) with $3K down.

    My calculations with your numbers show $700.35/mo before tax, so your quote looks pretty good if it includes tax.

    However, we don't recommend you put any money down on a lease - do you know how much of the $3,000 up front is used for cap cost reduction?

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • joe24joe24 Posts: 27
    Michaell said:

    joe24 said:

    Is this a good deal. Tahoe LTZ 66150 MSRP. In NJ 39/12K mile lease. Selling price 61700, MF 2.45 and residual of 58. $700 per month including tax and fee's (MV, doc, NJ extra tax) with $3K down.

    My calculations with your numbers show $700.35/mo before tax, so your quote looks pretty good if it includes tax.

    However, we don't recommend you put any money down on a lease - do you know how much of the $3,000 up front is used for cap cost reduction?

    About 1500 is going to cap reduction. the remaining portion is first month and other fee's. Number includes tax but I'm also getting a $500 competitive rebate.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 8,103
    joe24 said:

    Michaell said:

    joe24 said:

    Is this a good deal. Tahoe LTZ 66150 MSRP. In NJ 39/12K mile lease. Selling price 61700, MF 2.45 and residual of 58. $700 per month including tax and fee's (MV, doc, NJ extra tax) with $3K down.

    My calculations with your numbers show $700.35/mo before tax, so your quote looks pretty good if it includes tax.

    However, we don't recommend you put any money down on a lease - do you know how much of the $3,000 up front is used for cap cost reduction?

    About 1500 is going to cap reduction. the remaining portion is first month and other fee's. Number includes tax but I'm also getting a $500 competitive rebate.
    $1500 works out to about $38.50/mo

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • joe24joe24 Posts: 27
    Do you think the residuals and lease rate will change for the Tahoe in October?
  • joe24joe24 Posts: 27
    do you have the residual and money factor for Tahoe LTZ in October? 39/12 and 39/15.
  • joe24joe24 Posts: 27
    Does anyone have the revised residual and lease rates for October for Tahoe LTZ 39/12 and 39/15. Also is Chevy offering any new incentives on the car? I know costco members can get supplier pricing plus a rebate.
Sign In or Register to comment.