Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus LS Accessories

2»

Comments

• I have Gold emblems on my LS 400 and want chrome ones, wanna trade?
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018
    Just a reminder, buying/selling/swapping/trading is not permitted in the Forums.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• danjdanj Posts: 5
    Thanks for the offer, but it's too late, I purchased the Gold emblems which I found on the ebay.
  • Hey everyone,

This is my first post. I have a 1990 LS 400 with 20's on it. It runs great but, I want it to handle around the corners a little better. I read about STRUT TOWER BRACES but, I don't know how they work. Any body out there know about these or any other way to get these LS's to handle better?

Thanks,
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    You can get one for about half that from www.lexus-parts.com You'll need to put it in yourself, if you want to save the $100 the dealer will charge you - but I hear it's simple. Waiting for mine to come out. I pre-ordered the 06 update.
  • I would like to know who the dealer is...these things cost between $250 and $288 ...$500 is a total rip off and probably should be reported to lexus...

P.S. they are very easy to install and the dealer will charge up to $100 to do it ...so install yourself.
    Yep, mine was $288 from Sewell.
  • lexkinglexking Posts: 10
    Hi Movieboy

I hate to break it to you but you have the wrong car. You should have bought a Honda Civic and then added the strut bars, adjustable struts and lowering springs. The LS is a Luxury Car. It is made for Refined driving. Fast on Freeways slow around corners.
  • drunseendrunseen Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 LS430 with the ultra package including chrome Lexus wheel rims. However 3-5 mm bubbles have started appearing in what should otherwise be flawless chrome surface. I was told that this was not covered by warranty. Any idea why the chrome would blister? Any suggestions short of buying a whole new set of rims? image
  • rgswrgsw Posts: 333
    Some dealers have the chrome wheels done locally. You might check with the local chrome plater, to see if he has any ideas.
  • luckylouluckylou Posts: 308
    In the OLD days when cars had real bumpers (chrome) that imperfection was due to dirt under the chrome and should be cover either by Lexus or whomever manufactures the wheels.
    Lou
    Yes, but if the wheels were chromed locally by the dealer, there may be no recourse, unless the dealer would pressure the shop to re-do them. I have run into this a lot in my area - to the point that the thing to do here, if you want shiny wheels, is to have the aluminum polished, rather than to chrome your wheels. Of course, polished aluminum tends to tarnish over time, and they need waxing from time to time.
  • goirish5goirish5 Posts: 1
    just bot a 2002 S430. it has 16 in wheels Chrome....looking for 17 in silver...the chrome wheels are beautiful, but a little much for me. Any help in where to find the stock silver in 17 in....?
    I started checking the tire stores in town - most of them have a set of Lexus take-offs that were OEM. I shopped until I found exactly what I wanted at a place called Hub Cap Annies. Traded mine for the new 18 in. 5 spoke wheels for $700, total. Look around, they're lying everywhere around here. I passed on several until I found this set.
  • stnickystnicky Posts: 1
    i am looking for 1 17in chrome ls430 rim 2001 .thank you
  • slexy1slexy1 Posts: 38
    I have a 1990 LS 400 (1st year model that came out in late 1989). While I only have about 165,000 miles on it, I have heard of early 1990's LS 400's going to 400,000 miles.

I am biased towards the LS for obvious reasons (I think ConsumerReports.com is too). I took great care of my "white with silver bottom" LS, as this photo (click on it to elarge) shows near the bottom of my blog post:

http://www.brokerblogger.com/brokerblogger/2007/02/lexus_ls_460s_r.html
  • hi, 1st time here, my husband(whom should never know i'm doing this haha) has bought 4 yes 4 radio's on ebay, the problem is, that everything works but the power to the stereo, the power and or light dont come on, but the power to the radio and heating comes on, (same unit), umm he's checked all wiring coming into the stereo and everything looks fine, could it be the stereo's (all 4 of them) please help!! or he will be moving in with you lol j/k
  • so sorry first time on here, i meant to say the power and lights from the radio DON'T come on, but the time light and temp light comes on thats above the stereo itself, sorry i hope i didnt make it confusing, (well i did because i'm confused lol) thanks everyone!!
  • nadamnadam Posts: 1
    Hi
    I just purchased a 1995 lexus Ls 400. It has about 150k miles on and it drives great . The problem I have with it is the steering is stuck in a raised position. It track retracts and extends fine I just can’t get it out of the raised position. Depressing the down electronic lever produces a grinding noise. IS THERE A MECHINICAL RELEASE. Can someone please help me.
    Thanks
    :confuse:
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    There is a Lexus TSB that might apply to this, one of the sensor/servomotor "molex" style connections is under too much "sideways" stress. But "grinding" probably indicates otherwise. It is not a complex nor altogether difficult DIY task to remove the stearing column covers and have a looksee. Thats what I did to lubricate the servo gears and while I was in there I did the TSB.
  • I have a LS430 2004 and There must be something wrong with the Drivers seat as I can drive for a couple miles and my leg back of my knee on the right side starts hurting., Has anyone had this problem??
  • 388d388d Posts: 1
    I tried to change out my cd player, now the radio want come on. Anyone know how to clear a code, or get one for a 91 ls 400?
  • You can go to the dealer and they will show you for FREE! I forgot how it is done due to it has been so so long. Very easy. They may can tell you over the phone.
  • My dad had a 1991 LS 400 that he drove 503,000 and only changed the oil and filters in the thing. He did do the required timing belt changes as well. He traded it for a LS 430 and that damn thing can't go 60,000 miles with a major problem. I have had it to 2 dealers and they can't fix the keyless entry system.
2»
This discussion has been closed.