Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Ford Explorer Lease Questions

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited May 2015 in Ford
To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Ford Explorer Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 Ford Explorer page.

To see all forums discussions about the Ford Explorer, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Ford Explorerdiscussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Comments

• ad10ad10 Member Posts: 17
    Hi guys,
    I need help with leasing a 2014 ford explorer xlt 4 wheel drive. I was shopping around and got the MSRP to be 39585. Then I went to truecar.com and through the dealers there I can get that car for 34941. I think there is a rebate of 2250 which brings the price down to 32691. I know from this forum that the residual is 53% and the Apr is 50%. With all these information I get a pre-tax payment of 334. Please let me know if I am correct and if I am then is this something I should be shooting for with the dealer? I will really appreciate if someone can help me with this. Thanks a lot.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200

@ad10 said:
    Hi guys,
    I need help with leasing a 2014 ford explorer xlt 4 wheel drive. I was shopping around and got the MSRP to be 39585. Then I went to truecar.com and through the dealers there I can get that car for 34941. I think there is a rebate of 2250 which brings the price down to 32691. I know from this forum that the residual is 53% and the Apr is 50%. With all these information I get a pre-tax payment of 334. Please let me know if I am correct and if I am then is this something I should be shooting for with the dealer? I will really appreciate if someone can help me with this. Thanks a lot.

I come up with around $336/mo, but close enough...

Something to think about: Did that selling price of $34,941 include a sales rebate, that you won't qualify for, if you lease and take the lease rebate? Without putting all the variables together at the same time, it's hard to know what you can get.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for your response. The selling price of 34941 did include some incentives like Eco boost challenge cash and competitive lease conquest cash. Does this mean that I won't be able to use the 2250 lease rebate that was posted in this forum? How do I figure out what amount I can use. I just don't want to get scammed by the dealer.I am kind of confused now. Really appreciate if you can guide me a bit. Thanks

@ad10 said:
    Thanks for your response. The selling price of 34941 did include some incentives like Eco boost challenge cash and competitive lease conquest cash. Does this mean that I won't be able to use the 2250 lease rebate that was posted in this forum? How do I figure out what amount I can use. I just don't want to get scammed by the dealer.I am kind of confused now. Really appreciate if you can guide me a bit. Thanks

I'm not sure. It's entirely possible that the dealer has already factored the $2250 into his quote. You won't know until you ask him.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tjsrx330tjsrx330 Member Posts: 7

Can someone pls tell me what is the current MF and Residual for a an Explorer Limited AWD. Also what does it is typically in June i.e. if I lease next month..

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145

@tjsrx330 said:
    Can someone pls tell me what is the current MF and Residual for a an Explorer Limited AWD. Also what does it is typically in June i.e. if I lease next month..

You didn't mention lease term or miles per year, so I'll assume 36 months and 15K.

MF is .50% with $2250 lease cash. Residual is 49%.

Ford is one of the few companies that updates their numbers quarterly - what I've quoted you will be true through the end of June.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• tjsrx330tjsrx330 Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2014

Thanks a lot for the info

• rob_1974rob_1974 Member Posts: 5

May I have the residual and money factor for a 36 month, 10,500 miles per year lease of an Explorer XLT in Pennsylvania (Philadelphia)? Thank you.

@rob_1974 said:
    May I have the residual and money factor for a 36 month, 10,500 miles per year lease of an Explorer XLT in Pennsylvania (Philadelphia)? Thank you.

0.50% APR and 54% residual. $2250 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rob_1974rob_1974 Member Posts: 5

Thanks! > @kyfdx said:

0.50% APR and 54% residual. $2250 lease cash

• Andrew StevensAndrew Stevens Member Posts: 68

What is Money Factor and Residual percentage for 2014 Explorer Limited AWD? 39 months 10,500 miles per year AND 12,000 miles per year? Location: Maryland/Delaware

@vanzant68 said:
    What is Money Factor and Residual percentage for 2014 Explorer Limited AWD? 39 months 10,500 miles per year AND 12,000 miles per year? Location: Maryland/Delaware

.75% and $2250 lease cash.

Residual is 49% for 12K and 50% for 10.5K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Andrew StevensAndrew Stevens Member Posts: 68
    Previously I've leased Hondas and toyotas. always been able to stay within mileage allowance and trade out 6 months early (sometimes earlier or later). For those who have leased many fords how was your trade in value compared to residual near lease end? I'd hate lease an explorer only find that ford grosly overestimates values. I know you can always "walk away from a lease" but I prefer to trade out with equity.
    Hi Kyfdx,
    Can you please help me and let me know if I am getting a good deal. I am looking at the 2014 ford explorer xlt with all wheel drive. The options I have are:
    202a package
    Nav
    Power lift gate
    Dual moon roof
    All weather mats
    The color is ruby red

The MSRP quoted by dealer is 42370. The selling price is 38900 plus in rebates I am getting another 3250 off. That brings the negotiated price to 35650. There are adding 645 as bank fee to this deal also. The dealer quoted me 432/month which includes 9% tax in pa. I have to put down 703 which includes first months payments and tags. Please let me know if the price I am getting is a good deal . Thanks a lot and I really appreciate your help.

How many months, and what mileage allowance?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

36 months 12k/ year

@ad10 said:
    Hi Kyfdx,
    Can you please help me and let me know if I am getting a good deal. I am looking at the 2014 ford explorer xlt with all wheel drive. The options I have are:
    202a package
    Nav
    Power lift gate
    Dual moon roof
    All weather mats
    The color is ruby red

The MSRP quoted by dealer is 42370. The selling price is 38900 plus in rebates I am getting another 3250 off. That brings the negotiated price to 35650. There are adding 645 as bank fee to this deal also. The dealer quoted me 432/month which includes 9% tax in pa. I have to put down 703 which includes first months payments and tags. Please let me know if the price I am getting is a good deal . Thanks a lot and I really appreciate your help.

0.50% APR and 53% residual, through Ford Motor Credit. $2250 lease cash. With your parameters and those rates, I get $397/mo+tax. .. Which is $432/mo. w/tax.

If you feel the price is good, they aren't making any extra, anywhere else....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks a lot.
  • smgreenbergsmgreenberg Member Posts: 8

Can you please give me the MF and residual for an Explorer Limited AWD for 36 months and 12K miles? Thank you!

@smgreenberg said:
    Can you please give me the MF and residual for an Explorer Limited AWD for 36 months and 12K miles? Thank you!

.50% and $2250 lease cash. 51% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• rkpinfl2rkpinfl2 Member Posts: 5

Hello I am located in Central Florida. Can someone provide the money factor and residual for a 2014 Explorer XLT FWD (202A pkg, voice nav, dual moon roof, power liftgate, white platinum paint, and 20" wheels) for 36 month lease with 12k miles? I am trying to determine if the dealer quote of $519 a month with tax and $0 down is a good price. Thanks!

@rkpinfl2 said:
    Hello I am located in Central Florida. Can someone provide the money factor and residual for a 2014 Explorer XLT FWD (202A pkg, voice nav, dual moon roof, power liftgate, white platinum paint, and 20" wheels) for 36 month lease with 12k miles? I am trying to determine if the dealer quote of $519 a month with tax and $0 down is a good price. Thanks!

.50% and $2250 lease cash; residual is 53%.

Hard to evaluate the offer without the MSRP and negotiated selling price of the vehicle in question.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

MSRP is 40,970 and the negotiated price is 38,830

@rkpinfl2 said:
    MSRP is 40,970 and the negotiated price is 38,830

Using your numbers with the MF and residual I quoted above, I calculate a pre-tax payment of $488.16.

It's possible to get a better selling price - use the pricing tools at the top of the page.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks!!

• certpharmt15certpharmt15 Member Posts: 40
    Do you have numbers for 2015 Explorer?

Also, what is the disadvantage of leasing a 2014 when the 2015's are available within a couple of weeks?
    @Michaell‌ what's are the numbers for a 2014 Explorer Limited FWD with 19,500 miles per year for 2 years?

@certpharmt15 said:
    Michaell‌ what's are the numbers for a 2014 Explorer Limited FWD with 19,500 miles per year for 2 years?

.25% and 54%. $2250 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell‌

Also, what is the disadvantage of leasing a 2014 when the 2015's are available within a couple of weeks?

@certpharmt15 said:
    Michaell‌

I don't yet have any numbers for the 2015 Explorer.

The residual values on the '14 will probably decrease when the '15's come out, but the MF may go down to compensate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• nick3941sdnick3941sd Member Posts: 4

Can I get MF and residual on a 2014 Explorer Sport 36mo 15k. As well as your estimate on payments. Explorer Sport has 400a, towing, nav, and sunroof.

MSRP is 46,200. Selling price is 40,820 with 3k in incentives.

Hope you can work with the info provided. Thanks!

@nick3941sd said:
    Can I get MF and residual on a 2014 Explorer Sport 36mo 15k. As well as your estimate on payments. Explorer Sport has 400a, towing, nav, and sunroof.

MSRP is 46,200. Selling price is 40,820 with 3k in incentives.

Hope you can work with the info provided. Thanks!

.50% MF with $2250 lease cash - I assume the $3K you reference includes that.

Residual is 52% for 36/15

Plugging in your MSRP and selling price, I get a pre-tax payment of $480.17/mo.

What state do you live in? There are a few states - IL, TX, GA - that apply sales tax to the entire purchase price and not just to the payment. One state - NJ - collects taxes up-front for the entire lease amount.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• rmnjrmnj Member Posts: 1

Looking to get a money factor and residual on a 2014 Explorer Sport Lease 10,500 miles - 39 months. Car is from NJ, MSRP is $50840 and negotiated is $49000. Total money down is $7980

@rmnj said:
    Looking to get a money factor and residual on a 2014 Explorer Sport Lease 10,500 miles - 39 months. Car is from NJ, MSRP is $50840 and negotiated is $49000. Total money down is $7980

.75% mf and 53%

Putting a large amount of money down on a lease is not recommended. If the car is stolen or totaled, you will lose that money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cgriffin2009cgriffin2009 Member Posts: 2

Looking for information on lease for 2014 Explorer Sport - I live in Maryland. 15K - 36 months; MSRP is $49,790 - negotiated price is $44,200. (Although my paperwork says $46,720 for agreed upon value). Payment quoted is $599.28 for 35 months (they make 1st payment). Residual value is listed as $25,890.80; $3K down.

0.50% APR and 52% residual. $2250 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• timj757timj757 Member Posts: 13

Hi I see the ad on edmunds for leasing a 2014 ford explorer for $250 per month; is this for all models or only certain models? I was interested in getting the sport model; what si the RV and MF? Thank you for your help?

@timj757 said:
    Hi I see the ad on edmunds for leasing a 2014 ford explorer for $250 per month; is this for all models or only certain models? I was interested in getting the sport model; what si the RV and MF? Thank you for your help?

I haven't see the ad, so I can't comment. Usually, if you click on the ad, it will take you to a disclaimer page with details.

0.50% APR and 52% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. $2250 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ant4423ant4423 Member Posts: 3

Would like to share my lease deal in PA seemed like a good one for me.
    2014 Explorer Sport w/401a & tow.
    MSRP 47,300
    Neg price 41.250 (includes incentives, rebates 3k+)
    Monthly payment $499 (includes tax)
    Total out of pocket $1200 which includes 1st month
    36month 10,500miles
    Was going to wait for the 2015 but was thinking I wasn't going to be able to get a deal like this with 3k+ in incentives.

• dasayayindasayayin Member Posts: 7
    I would like to know the location of the dealership so I could go there in get it
  • ant4423ant4423 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2014

@dasayayin said:
    I would like to know the location of the dealership so I could go there in get it

John Kennedy Ford ask for Nick W[last name removed] he was a really great salesman

• egib44egib44 Member Posts: 10

Hi,
    In NJ and I am looking for the MF and Residual for an Explorer base model. 36 months and 15,000 miles.

In NJ was offered base model Explorer with two wheel drive for a selling price of $28,400 while the MSRP is $31,400. 36 months with 15,000. $0 out of pocket. MF is .50 and residual is 53%. Payment with taxes included is $395. Does that seem high?

@egib44 said:
    In NJ was offered base model Explorer with two wheel drive for a selling price of $28,400 while the MSRP is $31,400. 36 months with 15,000. $0 out of pocket. MF is .50 and residual is 53%. Payment with taxes included is $395. Does that seem high?

I show 0.50% APR and residual of 52%.

But, with a 53% residual, I get a payment of $336/mo. If it is truly $0 out of pocket, then add in taxes, fees, 1st payment, title/registrations, and you can easily get up to $395/mo.

There is $2250 of lease cash on this model. If the $3000 discount already accounts for that, then I'd want a lower selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks so much for responding. You are right. She corrected the residual to 52%.

So I should ask her what applies, the $2250 lease cash or the $3000 discount? If she says the $3000 then I should ask that the selling price be lower?

If nothing changes, would you consider this to be a fair deal?

@egib44 said:
    Thanks so much for responding. You are right. She corrected the residual to 52%.

So I should ask her what applies, the $2250 lease cash or the $3000 discount? If she says the $3000 then I should ask that the selling price be lower?

If nothing changes, would you consider this to be a fair deal?

I'm sure that the $2250 lease cash has been applied... they are only giving an additional $750 discount. Just ask about the lease cash, and ask for a lower price.. Every $100 lower drops about $3/mo. off the lease payment

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Ok, thanks. So the lease price is fine based on that selling price, but the selling price could be lower.

@egib44 said:
    Ok, thanks. So the lease price is fine based on that selling price, but the selling price could be lower.

Yes.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• aharpaharp Member Posts: 6

Hi - looking at leasing a 2014 or 2015 Ford Explorer. Could you please share the money factor, etc. for the month? Looking at a 2014 explorer with MSRP $33,400 (has 4WD, satellite radio + sync) less $2k rebate & $384 market savings + $499 dealer fee = $31,515 purchase price. 7.62% is my tax rate - would love some guidance, please and thank you! 3 year lease, 15k mi/year.

• aharpaharp Member Posts: 6

@aharp said:
    = $31,515 purchase price.

Got down to $29,985 - 51% RSV and 1%mf = $441/mo + tax $474/mo total
    $0 down, 1st payment, $499 dealer fee

Thoughts?

This discussion has been closed.