Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Ford Explorer Lease Questions

Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,030
edited June 16 in Ford
Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to2014 Ford Explorer leasing questions.

Here you can find and discuss all the latest lease details for the 2014 Explorer, including cap costs, money factors, residual values, acquisition fees, etc. Please post any leasing questions you have or any details you’d like to share about your own lease deals.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on our 2014 Ford Explorer page.

To see all forums discussions about the Ford Explorer, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Ford Explorerdiscussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

Comments

• ad10ad10 Posts: 9
    Hi guys,
    I need help with leasing a 2014 ford explorer xlt 4 wheel drive. I was shopping around and got the MSRP to be 39585. Then I went to truecar.com and through the dealers there I can get that car for 34941. I think there is a rebate of 2250 which brings the price down to 32691. I know from this forum that the residual is 53% and the Apr is 50%. With all these information I get a pre-tax payment of 334. Please let me know if I am correct and if I am then is this something I should be shooting for with the dealer? I will really appreciate if someone can help me with this. Thanks a lot.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 30,476

@ad10 said: Hi guys, I need help with leasing a 2014 ford explorer xlt 4 wheel drive. I was shopping around and got the MSRP to be 39585. Then I went to truecar.com and through the dealers there I can get that car for 34941. I think there is a rebate of 2250 which brings the price down to 32691. I know from this forum that the residual is 53% and the Apr is 50%. With all these information I get a pre-tax payment of 334. Please let me know if I am correct and if I am then is this something I should be shooting for with the dealer? I will really appreciate if someone can help me with this. Thanks a lot.

I come up with around $336/mo, but close enough...

Something to think about: Did that selling price of $34,941 include a sales rebate, that you won't qualify for, if you lease and take the lease rebate? Without putting all the variables together at the same time, it's hard to know what you can get.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Thanks for your response. The selling price of 34941 did include some incentives like Eco boost challenge cash and competitive lease conquest cash. Does this mean that I won't be able to use the 2250 lease rebate that was posted in this forum? How do I figure out what amount I can use. I just don't want to get scammed by the dealer.I am kind of confused now. Really appreciate if you can guide me a bit. Thanks

@ad10 said: Thanks for your response. The selling price of 34941 did include some incentives like Eco boost challenge cash and competitive lease conquest cash. Does this mean that I won't be able to use the 2250 lease rebate that was posted in this forum? How do I figure out what amount I can use. I just don't want to get scammed by the dealer.I am kind of confused now. Really appreciate if you can guide me a bit. Thanks

I'm not sure. It's entirely possible that the dealer has already factored the $2250 into his quote. You won't know until you ask him.

• tjsrx330tjsrx330 Posts: 7

Can someone pls tell me what is the current MF and Residual for a an Explorer Limited AWD. Also what does it is typically in June i.e. if I lease next month..

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 7,253

@tjsrx330 said: Can someone pls tell me what is the current MF and Residual for a an Explorer Limited AWD. Also what does it is typically in June i.e. if I lease next month..

You didn't mention lease term or miles per year, so I'll assume 36 months and 15K.

MF is .50% with $2250 lease cash. Residual is 49%.

Ford is one of the few companies that updates their numbers quarterly - what I've quoted you will be true through the end of June.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• tjsrx330tjsrx330 Posts: 7
    edited May 20

Thanks a lot for the info

• rob_1974rob_1974 Posts: 2

May I have the residual and money factor for a 36 month, 10,500 miles per year lease of an Explorer XLT in Pennsylvania (Philadelphia)? Thank you.

@rob_1974 said: May I have the residual and money factor for a 36 month, 10,500 miles per year lease of an Explorer XLT in Pennsylvania (Philadelphia)? Thank you.

0.50% APR and 54% residual. $2250 lease cash

• rob_1974rob_1974 Posts: 2

Thanks! > @kyfdx said:

0.50% APR and 54% residual. $2250 lease cash

• vanzant68vanzant68 Posts: 7

What is Money Factor and Residual percentage for 2014 Explorer Limited AWD? 39 months 10,500 miles per year AND 12,000 miles per year? Location: Maryland/Delaware

@vanzant68 said: What is Money Factor and Residual percentage for 2014 Explorer Limited AWD? 39 months 10,500 miles per year AND 12,000 miles per year? Location: Maryland/Delaware

.75% and $2250 lease cash.

Residual is 49% for 12K and 50% for 10.5K

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• vanzant68vanzant68 Posts: 7
    Previously I've leased Hondas and toyotas. always been able to stay within mileage allowance and trade out 6 months early (sometimes earlier or later). For those who have leased many fords how was your trade in value compared to residual near lease end? I'd hate lease an explorer only find that ford grosly overestimates values. I know you can always "walk away from a lease" but I prefer to trade out with equity.
    Hi Kyfdx,
    Can you please help me and let me know if I am getting a good deal. I am looking at the 2014 ford explorer xlt with all wheel drive. The options I have are:
    202a package
    Nav
    Power lift gate
    Dual moon roof
    All weather mats
    The color is ruby red

The MSRP quoted by dealer is 42370. The selling price is 38900 plus in rebates I am getting another 3250 off. That brings the negotiated price to 35650. There are adding 645 as bank fee to this deal also. The dealer quoted me 432/month which includes 9% tax in pa. I have to put down 703 which includes first months payments and tags. Please let me know if the price I am getting is a good deal . Thanks a lot and I really appreciate your help.

How many months, and what mileage allowance?

36 months 12k/ year

@ad10 said: Hi Kyfdx, Can you please help me and let me know if I am getting a good deal. I am looking at the 2014 ford explorer xlt with all wheel drive. The options I have are: 202a package Nav Power lift gate Dual moon roof All weather mats The color is ruby red
    The MSRP quoted by dealer is 42370. The selling price is 38900 plus in rebates I am getting another 3250 off. That brings the negotiated price to 35650. There are adding 645 as bank fee to this deal also. The dealer quoted me 432/month which includes 9% tax in pa. I have to put down 703 which includes first months payments and tags. Please let me know if the price I am getting is a good deal . Thanks a lot and I really appreciate your help.

0.50% APR and 53% residual, through Ford Motor Credit. $2250 lease cash. With your parameters and those rates, I get $397/mo+tax. .. Which is $432/mo. w/tax.

If you feel the price is good, they aren't making any extra, anywhere else....

Thanks a lot.
  • smgreenbergsmgreenberg Posts: 7

Can you please give me the MF and residual for an Explorer Limited AWD for 36 months and 12K miles? Thank you!

@smgreenberg said: Can you please give me the MF and residual for an Explorer Limited AWD for 36 months and 12K miles? Thank you!

.50% and $2250 lease cash. 51% residual.

• rkpinfl2rkpinfl2 Posts: 3

Hello I am located in Central Florida. Can someone provide the money factor and residual for a 2014 Explorer XLT FWD (202A pkg, voice nav, dual moon roof, power liftgate, white platinum paint, and 20" wheels) for 36 month lease with 12k miles? I am trying to determine if the dealer quote of $519 a month with tax and $0 down is a good price. Thanks!

@rkpinfl2 said: Hello I am located in Central Florida. Can someone provide the money factor and residual for a 2014 Explorer XLT FWD (202A pkg, voice nav, dual moon roof, power liftgate, white platinum paint, and 20" wheels) for 36 month lease with 12k miles? I am trying to determine if the dealer quote of $519 a month with tax and $0 down is a good price. Thanks!

.50% and $2250 lease cash; residual is 53%.

Hard to evaluate the offer without the MSRP and negotiated selling price of the vehicle in question.

MSRP is 40,970 and the negotiated price is 38,830

@rkpinfl2 said: MSRP is 40,970 and the negotiated price is 38,830

Using your numbers with the MF and residual I quoted above, I calculate a pre-tax payment of $488.16.

It's possible to get a better selling price - use the pricing tools at the top of the page.

• certpharmt15certpharmt15 Posts: 9
    Do you have numbers for 2015 Explorer?

Also, what is the disadvantage of leasing a 2014 when the 2015's are available within a couple of weeks?
    @Michaell‌ what's are the numbers for a 2014 Explorer Limited FWD with 19,500 miles per year for 2 years?

@certpharmt15 said: Michaell‌ what's are the numbers for a 2014 Explorer Limited FWD with 19,500 miles per year for 2 years?

.25% and 54%. $2250 lease cash.

@Michaell

Also, what is the disadvantage of leasing a 2014 when the 2015's are available within a couple of weeks?

@certpharmt15 said: Michaell‌

I don't yet have any numbers for the 2015 Explorer.

The residual values on the '14 will probably decrease when the '15's come out, but the MF may go down to compensate.