Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Ford Explorer Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,801

@gq3856 said: Any idea when august lease info will be available

Thanks

Ford generally release information quarterly. Unless we hear differently, all numbers are good through September.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,342

@gq3856 said: Any idea when august lease info will be available

Thanks

The Ford numbers are valid until the end of September; what model, lease term and miles per year are you looking for?

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• gq3856gq3856 Posts: 39

@kyfdx said: Ford generally release information quarterly. Unless we hear differently, all numbers are good through September.

thanks

@gq3856 said:

2014 explorer sport 36/12000 24/12000 plus all available lease cash and any rebates that may be combined with the lease cash

NYC are

Thanks

@gq3856 said: Thanks

Explorer Sport

36/12 - .50% and 54%

24/12 - .25% and 63%

$2250 lease cash.

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• jrdejavuxjrdejavux Posts: 4

Hi Guys first time posting here and first time leasing a car. Looking at the 2015 explorer Sport MSRP is $51,000.00. I got the dealer to agree with 0% down to a monthly payment of 615.00 with tax. Is that a good deal? Thanks!

@jrdejavux said: Hi Guys first time posting here and first time leasing a car. Looking at the 2015 explorer Sport MSRP is $51,000.00. I got the dealer to agree with 0% down to a monthly payment of 615.00 with tax. Is that a good deal? Thanks!

forgot to mention i am located in san diego

@jrdejavux said: Hi Guys first time posting here and first time leasing a car. Looking at the 2015 explorer Sport MSRP is $51,000.00. I got the dealer to agree with 0% down to a monthly payment of 615.00 with tax. Is that a good deal? Thanks! San Diego.

What lease term? How many miles per year?

edited August 5

@Michaell said:

36 months at 15000 miles a year so total of 45k

@jrdejavux said: 36 months at 15000 miles a year so total of 45k

What was the negotiated selling price?

45k but i dont care about residual since i wont be keeping it

@jrdejavux said: Hi Guys first time posting here and first time leasing a car. Looking at the 2015 explorer Sport MSRP is $51,000.00; selling price $45,000 and a 36/15 lease. I got the dealer to agree with 0% down to a monthly payment of 615.00 with tax. Is that a good deal? Thanks! I am in San Diego.

MF is .50% and there is $2250 of lease cash this month. 36/15 residual for the Sport is 52%.

When I plug in your MSRP and selling price, I get a pre-tax payment of $528.35/mo - with 9% sales tax (guess on my part), the payment goes to $575.90.

It's possible the dealer is marking up the MF on you for extra profit.

• mac_attackmac_attack Posts: 22

Looking at a 2015 Ford Explorer Limited or Sport (well equipped) - low to mid 40's. In Charlotte, NC. 36 month lease, 12K miles/yr What should I expect for:

MF = Residual = Cap Price (if known) Other discounts =

Thank You!!

@mac_attack said: Looking at a 2015 Ford Explorer Limited or Sport (well equipped) - low to mid 40's. In Charlotte, NC. 36 month lease, 12K miles/yr What should I expect for:

MF = .50% for both Residual = 50% (Limited FWD) or 54% (Sport) Cap Price (if known) - use the pricing tools at the top of the page to determine your target price Other discounts =

@Michaell said: Other discounts =

Are the lease incentives the same for both 2014 and 2015 models

@gq3856 said: Are the lease incentives the same for both 2014 and 2015 models

No

@Michaell said:

i only ask that because i noticed that someone in the above thread was getting a 2015 and the numbers looked simialar 54% RV and .50 interest along with 2250 lease incentive or did i read that wrong.

Just wondering

Thanks Again

• mac_attackmac_attack Posts: 22

@Michaell said: Other discounts =

Thanks for the info. Here is the deal they offered. They basically said they would go lower-

2014 Ford Explorer Limited (NOT 2015) 44,950 mkt value discounted to 39,700 after rebate Residual of 48% 0.75% APR (they did not give a MF or interest rate- they said Ford uses APR's?) 550 cash down for 39 months = 566.92/monthly payment

Seems like the residual is off. I am confused about the APR. I am assuming this is not entirely true. And fact they basically said they could go lower tells me they have a lot of room.

Interested in your feedback on this. Thanks!!

@mac_attack said: Interested in your feedback on this. Thanks!!

Ford uses percentages instead of decimal values for MF - simply divide the pct by 2400 to get the MF to use in lease calculators.

Dealers cannot adjust the residual, but can inflate the MF for more profit - that seems to be the case here.

Using the base MF of .50% and the 50% residual with your MSRP and selling price, I get a pre-tax payment of $491.53.

Seems there is quite a bit of room to come down from the dealer offer.

• agillmanagillman Posts: 20

Hi,

I'm in California and would like incentives, money factors (2 and 3 years) and residuals for a 2015 Explorer Sport with 12,000 and 15,000 miles. I don't see a new topic for 2015, so I'm posting here - apologies if this is not the right place. Thanks!!

@agillman said: Hi,

I'm in California and would like incentives, money factors (2 and 3 years) and residuals for a 2015 Explorer Sport with 12,000 and 15,000 miles. I don't see a new topic for 2015, so I'm posting here - apologies if this is not the right place. Thanks!!

The only information we have on the 2015 Fords is residuals.

64% for 24mo, 15K/yr and 55% for 36mo, 15K/yr.

Add 2% for 12K/yr residuals.

• htmommyhtmommy Posts: 7

Hi I see the ad on edmunds for leasing a 2014 ford explorer for $250 per month; is this for all models or only certain models? I was interested in getting the sport model; what si the RV and MF? Thank you for your help?

I havent see that on Edmunds but I have seen it listed at many dealerships in my area. Upon looking at the fine print states base stripped model. HTH.

edited August 12

Looking to lease in NH a 2014 Ford Explorer XLT (AWD) MSRP @42050 with a best and final # of $37968. Rebates totaling $2250 Lease for 36m with 15K/yr - they state somewhere in the "mid $4's" range. What is the money factor & residual value they are using? Is there much room to play with here? This would be a zero down. Ultimately will purchase at end of lease. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks and love this site!

@htmommy said: Looking to lease in NH a 2014 Ford Explorer XLT (AWD) MSRP 42050 with a best and final # of $37968. Rebates totaling $2250 Lease for 36m with 15K/yr - they state somewhere in the "mid $4's" range. What is the money factor & residual value they are using? Is there much room to play with here? This would be a zero down. Ultimately will purchase at end of lease. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks and love this site!

0.50% APR and 51% residual. $2250 lease cash.

If $37,968 includes the $2250 rebate, then I get $471/mo.+ tax...

If it's $37,968 minus $2250, then I get $408/mo.+tax

@kyfdx said: If it's $37,968 minus $2250, then I get $408/mo.+tax

Is there more room to play here? (I see other higher trims for less RV) When does the mf & rv go down again? I understand, correct me if I wrong, the RV they have no control over. Lastly to clarify the APR you wrote is the MF meaning .50/2400 = 0.00002 (i got 408.36 with that)

Zero tax in NH - thank goodness. Again appreciate your help.

@htmommy said: Zero tax in NH - thank goodness. Again appreciate your help.

If you are getting the base MF from the dealer, the only leverage is the selling price.

Ford updates their numbers each quarter; no updates expected until October. And then, we an't predict which way they will move.

Ford quotes their MF as a percentage; divide by 2400 (as you've done) to get decimal value t use n calculations.

@Michaell said:

You all - are all knowing on here, you see this much more often than I. How do I know I am getting "the base" from the dealer? IS there another number I should be eyeing? Do you (or others) see any room to negotiate further? Is this a good/great deal. I think I know the answer already but like to hear from the experts. Thanks again.

@htmommy said: You all - are all knowing on here, you see this much more often than I. How do I know I am getting "the base" from the dealer? IS there another number I should be eyeing? Do you (or others) see any room to negotiate further? Is this a good/great deal. I think I know the answer already but like to hear from the experts. Thanks again.

Simply ask the dealer what MF they are using.

As far as selling price, we're not in the market so can't really comment. Use the shopping tools at the top of the page to determine your target price.

@Michaell said: Simply ask the dealer what MF they are using.

So this is the response I get @Michael: I inquired what the MF number they were using and I got this - The reason I asked about the money factor (mf) is because Ford doesn't use a money factor like Toyota does, they use a regular rate. For 24 months the rate is .25% and for 36 months the rate is .5%. Hope that answers your question.

@htmommy said:

The reason I asked about the money factor (mf) is because Ford doesn't use a money factor like Toyota does, they use a regular rate. For 24 months the rate is .25% and for 36 months the rate is .5%. Hope that answers your question.

Those are the base rates used by Ford this quarter.