Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I'd Buy It Over a ZL1 - 2014 SLP Panther Camaro Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2014 in Chevrolet
imageI'd Buy It Over a ZL1 - 2014 SLP Panther Camaro Long-Term Road Test

I'd buy a 2014 SLP Panther over a Chevy Camaro ZL1

Read the full story here

Comments

• fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512

And then again, I haven't heard of ZL1s shedding supercharger drive belts and having trim pieces falling off of them.

And saying that in testing on a different day, different weather, probably different track and driver, one car running two tenths and 1+ mph faster in the quarter means it "outran" the other one...come on.

Plus the ZL1 is cheaper by a bit and doesn't look like it was styled by Mattel.

• goaterguygoaterguy Member Posts: 64

All is well but I would prefer the magnetorheological dampers of the ZL1

• edamonedamon Member Posts: 22
    I'm a Ford guy, but a ZL1 for 20% off MSRP and anything else you can get.. and there is a lot there. I'd switch in a heart beat. Sure, it barely makes advertised HP, but it makes enough - great suspension and most importantly - incredible block and rotating assembly. Upgrade to a 2.2L+ S/C like a Whipple from the 1.9 and not that efficient - you'll make hellcat+ numbers easy. With a suspension.. imo - that good of a deal, it's the best value on the market.
  • edamonedamon Member Posts: 22
    speaking of which - anyone know the lease numbers on them? 10K year - 24 and 36 mo. Thanks,
    damon