Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Dodge Challenger SRT With Supercharged Hellcat Engine Rated at 707 Horsepower | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2014 in Dodge
image2015 Dodge Challenger SRT With Supercharged Hellcat Engine Rated at 707 Horsepower | Edmunds.com

The new supercharged 6.2-liter V8 Hellcat engine in the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT is rated at 707 horsepower and 650 pound-feet of torque.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    tacomamudpittacomamudpit Member Posts: 65

Great - 1) Now will they actually build the car? 2) Will it be priced for hollywood star wallets only 3) I'm thinking $50K max and I "might" be in.... This thing most likely will be priced well beyond the muscle heads that want it just like the Viper, rare and rarely seen on the road.

• Options
    glossgloss Member Posts: 150

1) Yes. 2) Probably not. 3) My guess is closer to $85k.

• Options
    cobrysoncobryson Member Posts: 110

Uh, why reference the Mustang GT here? This is clearly targeted at the Shelby with 662 HP, no?

Mustang GT=Challenger R/T
    Shelby Mustang = Challenger SRT Hellcat

• Options
    igve2shtzigve2shtz Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2014

If I recall, the Shelby Mustang will not be produced in 2015, but I agree, it is clearly a Shelby Mustang or Camaro ZL1 competitor - Not a Mustang GT or Corvette.

• Options
    cobrysoncobryson Member Posts: 110

@igve2shtz said:
    If I recall, the Shelby Mustang will not be produced in 2015, but I agree, it is clearly a Shelby Mustang or Camaro ZL1 competitor - Not a Mustang GT or Corvette.

You're right, that's a fair point, but it will surely be back in 2016.

• Options
    reminderreminder Member Posts: 383

That's big power sports fans!
    That sucker will be passing everything but the gas station.

• Options
    throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445

We need one for the LT fleet!, There are sevreal styling changes for 2015, in addition to a new beefed up 8 speed. Improved refinement, these are important changes that are clearly worth reviewing, right?. Did I mention the 707HP?

• Options
    hammerhead68hammerhead68 Member Posts: 3

707 HP? We have trouble getting 600 on the track. And this with K&W suspension and Continental Semi Sliks. They should have changed first the solid axle, than ad more HP. At least the Hellcat will have a slip limited differential.

I konow all the musclecars verry good (iam tuner), but still the Camaro is the best, second the Mustang and than the Challenger.

• Options
    hammerhead68hammerhead68 Member Posts: 3

And my biggest concern is the pricing. When i see what a Viper costs i expect 85k like gloss. So be shure seated good when Dodge finally anounce it :)

• Options
    jlenojleno Member Posts: 1
    What a waste of power without AWD the platform is made for. Better off in an AWD Charger.