Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW Owners Meet the Members

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited March 2014 in BMW
Please take a moment to introduce yourself and share some details about your BMW 3-Series!

My name is KarenS and I am the host of the Edmunds.com Owner's Clubs. Please let me know what discussions you would like to see in your Club folder. I will create them ASAP. You may want to take a look through the other clubs to get ideas for discussions.

Also, if you are interested in a live chat, I can arrange that for you. All Club chats are set up on

Tuesdays:
4:00-5:00 pm PT/7:00-8:00pm ET

-or-

Thursdays:
5:00-6:00pm PT/8:00-9:00pm ET
6:00-7:00pm PT/9:00-10:00 ET
7:00-8:00pm PT/10:00-11:00pm ET
(The latter may be rather late for East Coasters, but is available if you want.)

Let me know if you are interested in a chat and the day/time convenient for you.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

KarenS
Host
Owner's Clubs

Comments

• bornagainbornagain Member Posts: 38
    I'm honored! My name is bornagain from America's Finest City, San Diego, CA. I have a '98 328i, cosmos black metallic, light gray leather, HK upgrade w/6 CD changer, premium package, OBC, heated seats (like I'll EVER use those!), fold down rear seats, front/side hairbags, sunroof, blah, blah, blah. I really like the black because all of the TRIM matches!
    I actually have been staying away from the BMW 3-series discussions because 90% seem to be new buyers worrying that they are paying $100 more than someone else. You're buying a $35K car , ferchrissakes! I prefer discussions on mods, like the "gearhead" topic, and topics regarding care/maintenance. I tend to hide out in News & Views. Nice to meet you Karen!
  • veekay1veekay1 Member Posts: 180
    Hi! I am yet an owner (but will be in June!!). I have ordered a 325xi/Black Sapphire Metallic/Gray leather/PP/CWP/Xenon/Steptronic. Needless to say I am verrrrrrrrrrryyy excited and the wait is just killing me! My life is at a standstill! I am in New Jersey, so hopefully I can just pick it up from the dockyard! (Just kidding)
    Cheers!
    veekay1
    I admire your choice of colors :)
    I think the black looks the "classiest" or "richest" of all the Bimmer colors. I guess that's why most limo's and mob cars are black!
    The other colors appear more "sporty", however.
    June is a long ways off but I can assure you it will be worth the wait!
  • obiwankenobi1obiwankenobi1 Member Posts: 290
    My name is Steve (but just call me Obi!), and I own a 1990 BMW M3. It is all stock (I have yet to do upgrades.) and only has 20,700 miles on it. It is BY FAR the coolest car I have ever owned. It is Alpinweiss II with Nuetral Leather interior.

Good to be here!
  • bavarianbavarian Member Posts: 63
    Owner of a Fern Green/Sand leather 2001 325i.
    No packages! Love that naked steering wheel!
    No packages?? Does that mean you can just hose it out when the interior gets dirty?? Drain plug on the floor, no passenger seats?? :)
  • ec_creativeec_creative Member Posts: 15
    I'm Maria, a proud owner of a 2001 330 coupe, Black in and out (my favorite color) with aluminum trim, steptronic, sport package, moonroof, and CD/HK audio.

Dealer installed: front and rear spoiler, aluminum shifter knob, aluminum e-brake handle, luggage mat.

Aftermarket: Racing Dynamics front strut tower brace

I'm a car enthusiast and by far this is the most fun car I've owned. Next one on my list is the 2003 M3 with SMG. Can't wait!

See my links in the Photo Gallery section for some pics. Sorry, haven't gotten around to updating them all.

Happy driving!
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Please take a moment to introduce yourself and share some details about your BMW!

My name is KarenS and I am the host of the Edmunds.com Owner's Clubs. Please let me know what discussions you would like to see in your Club folder. I will create them ASAP. You may want to take a look through the other clubs to get ideas for discussions.

Also, if you are interested in a live chat, I can arrange that for you. All Club chats are set up on

Tuesdays:
    4:00-5:00 pm PT/7:00-8:00pm ET

-or-

Thursdays:
    5:00-6:00pm PT/8:00-9:00pm ET
    6:00-7:00pm PT/9:00-10:00 ET
    7:00-8:00pm PT/10:00-11:00pm ET
    (The latter may be rather late for East Coasters, but is available if you want.)

Let me know if you are interested in a chat and the day/time convenient for you.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
    Please let me know if there is anything you need or would like to have included in your club folder.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
    I'd like to know if there are any events where Bimmer owners get together and do driving trips, they usually take place in scenic areas. Heard of any functions like this?

Thanks.
  • klwsklws Member Posts: 7
    Hi club -

I'm the proud new owner of a 2001 525i. Purchased on 3/30/01. The car is Titanium Silver, Gray Interior, Premium, Convenience, CD, Cold Weather, and Steptronic.

I absolutely love the way this car drives. After ordering it (actually dealer locate/swap - one month wait), I was very nervous that I would be disappointed with the 2.5 and should have spent the extra 3800 for a 530. Glad to say that after one month and 1100 miles, not a bit of regret. The car is very responsive at all speeds.

Look forward to being part of the discussion.

Kevin
  • div2div2 Member Posts: 2,580
    Yes, it's really my wife's car- otherwise it would have the sport package and manual transmission :)
    1997 528iA- Aspen Silver/Black, Premium Package, DSP, CD Changer, and Heated Seats/Wheel
    This E39 is our sixth BMW since 1983, and probably the best all-round sedan of them all. It's a real contrast to my canyon carving Club Sport. Guess I'm getting old; I'm actually growing quite fond of the big sled. I'll probably limit the mods to HD Bilsteins and a Shark Injector.
  • div2div2 Member Posts: 2,580
    I'm the original owner of a 1995 318ti Club Sport. BMW Individual built @200 of these "specials" in September and October of 1995. I ordered mine with Premium Sound and Limited Slip. Munich tried to make me take the "optional" sunroof but my salesperson went to bat for me and I was spared having to pay $1200 for a hole in the roof. It's my fourth -and most trouble free- Bimmer; at 60000 miles I've only replaced one set of tires and the front brake pads. Warranty work consisted of replacing the fuel senders, the alarm module, and an O2 sensor recall. I track the car whenever I get the chance and right now I'm debating whether to install a Downing Atlanta supercharger. My next 3er will likely be an E46 M3, probably fitted with the SMG II.
    What does SMG stand for again? I think I know, but I don't want to embarris <---spelling? myself!

Obi
    "Sequential M Gearbox"
    clutchless; paddle-style shifting located at the steering wheel > this should be fun.
  • tisrandeetisrandee Member Posts: 18
    Hi Karen!

I'm the happy semi-sane owner of a 2001 silver 325 convertible, just hitting 6 months, 6,429 miles, (zero commute to work :-), computer reads 24.5 mpg (today), 21.5 usually. Jack Head, otherwise known as "Patron Protective Saint of Expensive Cars" proudly rides the antenna since day one and smiles giving an invisible thumbs up as we pass those friendly California Hwy Patrols. No tickets yet! It's very difficult to keep this car under 90 on the freeway. ;-). This great piece of silver machinery is not only fun to drive on the great back windy canyon roads, it makes a wonderful lawn ornament, spruces up the house, and is great for dealing with mid life crisis. Who needs prozac when you can put the top down, turn that key and hear that lovely bimmer engine crank up, plop that CD in and head for them there hills!!! Don't forget the sun screen! Like Frank in the Kia commercial....I do look at it starry eyed a few times a day and ask, "whose car is that in the driveway kids?"... It is mine.....isn't it! :-). Anyone who owns this car is no doubt saying the same! :-) It's also a great bargaining tool to get teenage boys to work around the fort. Forget dollars per hour, it's miles per hour around here! :-)

I did not get to participate in the BMW CCA drive school at Sears Point because convertibles are not allowed (without special roll cages etc etc) but I did go and hang out there and get to drive on the course in an M3 with a race driver/instructor and it was one of those things I hope not to do again!! Especially as a passenger!!! Luckily I didn't barf in the borrowed helmut! I have signed up to take the BMW Car Clinic in Monterey in a couple weeks offered through the BMW CCA Golden Gate Chapter. Signed my 2 teenage sons on also as I figure this should be beneficial to anyone who drives. Guess I'll be needing new tires after the event with 3 of us skidding and whipping around cones all day.

Karen, I would love to see messages and posts on this club forum about events especially scenic drives and caravans.

Ec Creative--Not sure what part of the country you are from but if they have a BMW CCA chapter near you, you should definitely join as they have organized events advertised by them and other car groups. A couple weeks ago my son and I participated in a timed and distance rallye which took place on the most awesome back roads full of rolling green hills, windfarms, a few bikers, and friendly folks. It was not an official BMW event but I found out about it on the chapter site and it started at the BMW dealership in Pleasanton. It was such a BLAST and I would recommend this to anyone as a great way to spend the day bonding with your car. :-) Just don't go alone...you need a navigator and someone to laugh with when you find yourself lost and miles from the checkpoint! Several people were talking about organizing a caravan down the coast over Big Sur and said the Club has done this type of thing before, so I suggest you check to see what's going on in your local chapter. :-)
  • julia12julia12 Member Posts: 10
    Good to see you Randy! Glad you had fun at the drive school.
    Maria: I love black as well...but felt I needed some contrast for the interior...am struggling with coming up with a good plan for upkeep of the exterior right now.
    For those who don't know me from the old 3er convertible board...Black/sand 2001 330Cic, SP, clear corners, HK...and am enjoying the good weather we are having in the Northeast, finally, for however long it lasts...
  • dhanleydhanley Member Posts: 1,531
    '97 328i, premium package, sunroof, fold down back seats, side air bags, yadda yadda yadda. Avus blue exterior, gray interior. Just the car i wanted, bought it CPO about six months ago. Managed to put on over 8,000 miles in that time.

Been tempted to put mods on the car, but i think i have decided not to. With the crappy roads around here, i don't need a ride that's much stiffer. ;)

dave
    I've been doing some investigating and looking around for BMW events. I've created a new discussion here just for Events & Gatherings. Whenever I come across something, I will post it there. Also, this will be the place to share your event experience.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
    Thanks, I'll look out for a CCA chapter near me. I used to live in the Bay area. Love those long stretches of California highway, with something for everyone -- mountains, desert, ocean, woodlands; sure do miss it. Now I'm in Jersey right outside Philadelphia. Having some great weather this week, should be nice cruising around.
  • 5speed55speed5 Member Posts: 31
    First off... thanks Karen, for setting up the owners club :)

My referral to the "reference standard" is that whenever an auto mag tests a car, new or old, the standard it goes against, is a BMW. Well, after 18 years of owning all other makes, I decided it was time to see what the mags were always raving about.

My pride and joy now is a 2000 528i with all the goodies... sport package, 5speed, sport leather seats & moon roof. I had it specially painted Estoril Blue. The car is truly a dream, the sport handling package really delivers. I look forward to driving it every chance I get. Those trips to the store just for a loaf of bread somehow seem to take forever now ;)

Looking forward to meeting other owners!!!
  • MarkinAtlantaMarkinAtlanta Member Posts: 194
    Always wanted a reliable, fun, German sports coupe. Did my reading, learning and asking mostly here at Edmunds. Specified the car from a great dealer and ordered it directly from the factory, I wanted it to be mine, mine, mine. I couldn't be more pleased. Enthusiastic proud owner of a 1998 323is. Next car, expect to go the used route, thinking about an E36 M3.
  • ddm3ddm3 Member Posts: 5
    ... just me, checkin' in! I usually hang out over in the 3 Series Convertibles board (Hi Randy, Julia!) 'cause I'm the proud owner of a 2001 325Cic, 5sp, PP, Lthr & CD which was finally delivered last November (after an agonizing 7 month wait). I'm a die-hard convertible fan though I must admit that I appreciate and admire many types of cars.

MarkinAtlanta, I do believe you have the best of both worlds with a Bimmer AND a Miata in your garage! Mine served me well for 10 yrs. and was, by far, the most FUN car I've ever owned! (The 3 series is a close second but clearly a cut above in terms of class and refinement!)

Since my car is often exposed to the hot Florida sun, I chose the lightest, coolest combination I could think of...Alpine White, Gray Lthr, Dk. Blue top. Though not unique, it draws lots of compliments and is relatively easy to maintain.

Any day can be made better as soon as I hit the road, wind in my hair, stereo crankin'! It's true, who needs Prozac!!!

KarenS, thanks for bringing us all together! Look forward to the camaraderie.
  • stokdgsstokdgs Member Posts: 65
    Greetings Karen and thanks for hosting this show !
    Im one of the past members, purchased in Nov last, an '01 325i, Black, black leather, S/Pkg, Prem/Pkg, xenons, HK upgrade, 5 speed, 6 Cd Changer in trunk.
    Other than a leisurely (?) 4k mile trip to Texas and back, Ive not had much seat time, drive my CRX Convertible much more, but nothing is as nice as the Black Beauty!! Glad to see "Sheee's Baaaack," my girlfriend Randy, and Donna and Julia !! Thanks for making this forum more user friendly and hopefully a lot of fun !!
    DanF
  • mikesm6mikesm6 Member Posts: 32
    Hi Y'all, please join the BMW CCA - all of your questions will be answered. I currently own a min modified red/grey '88 M 6 with 49K mi, and a more highly modified '90 325is (74.4K mi), but I just bought a '02 Subaru WRX 5 sp (AWD 227hp/217lb-ft tor) WAGON! My extended family still owns a '87 325 is, '93 325is spt, '95 M 3, '98 328i, and my son is taking Euro del of a 330i spt/lux in early June. We have sold previously owned '86 325 es, '88 M 5, '88 735i, '91 850i. Wonderful cars, BUT wait until you see the competition in the next couple of years! M
    PS No the M 6 is NOT for sale!
    C'mon!

Ok, ok...you don't have to sell the M6, but can I pleaaaaaaaase take it for a test drive! :)

Obi
    1990 BMW M3 Alpinweiss
  • kechalkechal Member Posts: 10
    Well after three weeks and just over 1,200 miles I am still very much in love with this car! It is truly a blast to drive and I can't wait to get behind the wheel again whenever I get to where I'm going. The engine response and handling are amazing and the car just plain looks great.

For the record:

2001 540iA Steel Blue with Sand Beige leather interior
    sport pkg, nav, cold weather pkg., 5-spoke M-syle wheels
  • brian525brian525 Member Posts: 21
    Hi... Brian here, and I've got a 2001 525i with:

Sports/Premium Package

Convenience Package

Premium DSP System

In-Dash CD player

6-CD Trunk-mounted Changer

Fold-down Rear Seats w/ ski-pass

And I installed the European armrest..

I have pics at http://photos.yahoo.com/cons_rep if anyone wants to view...

Finally, a string of top-down days! It's been a long wait but boy is it ever fun! Some guys yelling enthusiastic approval of the car yesterday on the street as I went by (or maybe it was just that I let them cross the street?) Hi to my buddies DanF and Donna...I may even get to meet Randee in person next week...where is BMWKID?
    Nooooo....I think it was probably the 330ci convertible! Or maybe they were enthusiastic about the driver...you never know! Or maybe a little of both.
    Yes...summer is near! Woo-hoo!
    Bornagain- my 325i has passenger seats! They were an option when I bought the car last October but now come standard as BMW addresses the competition from Audi,Lexus and Jaguar etc. I threatened to walk off the lot unless the salesman "threw" the passenger seats in for free. He threw them in(the front one faces backwards which I guess is good if you have a baby seat-but I don't have a baby) but unfortunately didn't have them anchored to the floor so I have to take it easy on the brakes.
    There is no drain plug in the floor-is that a new option? I ask only because I went through a car wash and left the moonroof open and the sound of the suds sloshing back and forth when I drive is drowning out the 8 track stereo I had installed.
    I am not too happy with the engine-when you press down hard on the gas there is a loud deep snarl from around the exhaust-similar to the sound a grizzly bear makes when he sinks his teeth into your [non-permissible content removed]....remind me never to camp out in Alaska again, would you?
    Now that we have this "club" with the comfy leather sofas, mood lighting, whiskey decanters etc we can sit and chat when we are not driving...er, um, not a lot of time, come to think of it. So I'll get to the point...what was the defining moment when you said " I must get me a BMW!!"
    I read copious screeds of text on cars and the choices people make and have read many comparison tests...this car has superior appointments to the 3 series, that car has more horsepower, this car has a better reliability rating, that car has more rear seat legroom etc and so on.
    And yet I test drove no other car when I decided that, after two years of living in downtown Chicago and renting cars from Avis for weekend getaways, it was time to get my own car.
    Something about the BMW 3 series "spoke" to me and comparison numbers went out the window.
    I will tell you why I fell for the 3 series in a future thrilling installment of "Life with Bavarian" but for now I'd like to sit back and sip a Bourbon Old Fashioned while you tell me...
    "Why a BMW?"
    The floor (with optional drain plug)is yours.
    Bornagain: Thanks for your insight...but...no, I don't think they were enthusiastic about the driver...they were a small group of gay guys (not that there's anything wrong with that, that's just the demographic of my neighborhood) and I was having a bad hair day...
    Bavarian: It was just the feel of driving a BMW--unlike driving anything else. Maybe the responsiveness? I can't really describe what it was. I didn't even drive a 3 series convertible before I plunked down the $, just a Z3 and a coupe. I loved the Z3. I always imagined I'd end up in a M-B, but they ended up feeling too heavy and sluggish in the end. The attention to detail was also a major plus. Everything, from where the controls were placed to the tilting passenger side mirror, just seemed to make sense. Not to mention the fact that I still can barely stop looking at my own car as I park and walk away...I know that sounds pathetic, but it's true! I'm not someone who's got years of car enthusiast experience and am not going to pretend that I do. So, let's hear thrilling installment #1!!
    Julia- I have driven my car over 200 times during my 8000 delicious and nutricious miles and 200 times, when he comes to rest in the parking garage in downtown Chicago,I pat him on the dashboard and say "thank you".I have stepped back and looked at him 200 times and stand there admiring him, this child of the Great Chris Bangle,until the parking attendant catches me softly by the arm and says" Come on-let him rest, tomorrow is another day". He leads me down the 10 flights of stairs and I am on Plymouth Court alone. I lean against the wall and sob. It will be at least another 8 hours before I get to drive him again (Life IS unfair)
    He is "PARSIFL" as his liscence plate attests.
    He is German through and through. Germany holds a special place in my heart and I will tell you about it another time. It has a distinct bearing on "Why a BMW" for Bavarian.
    And you thought "Survivor " was gripping??
    Hey East Coasters.... Glad you're finally getting to take your tops down without the heat up :-)

Julia, oops!! I thought you were coming to town THIS weekend! Next weekend (11th and 12th) I head to Monterey with my younger mammals doing the BMW Drive Clinic. Forget your meeting in S.F...Come join us!! :-)

Bavarian- Feelings of fondness for Germany are felt here too. Especially Bavaria. Lived in Munich for 3 years 5 years ago where we were given a 5er for company car. Truthfully I wasn't all that impressed with the car expecially since the Germans are not into much beyond the basics. (Had a turbo diesel montero there too.) Why the 3er now? Test drove a convertible for the helluvit on a gorgeous day and my sons told me it looked good on me, my accountant told me not to worry about being a bag lady and to go for it, my best friends said I deserved it, and the rest is history. :-) Aside from loving the way this car glides along the roads, the aesthetics especially with the top down are just wunderbar!! IMHVNFN as her license plates attest. :-).

I was gonna comment about suvivor being gripping but I decided I'd leave that one alone, smart move, eh Donna?? ;-).

Dan, hope your Black Beauty is enjoying it's new garage. Other than your long trip I can't believe you haven't taken it out for more joy rides. It's deprived of California sunshine!

I agree with Mike, join the BMW CCA and have no fear that it's all about mods and gearhead stuff. It's a combo of everything and the people I've met who run events from drive schools to clinics are just so nice and friendly and appreciate all new members. It's only $35.00 a year and the monthly magazine is included plus a local newsletter (at least with GG chapter) and discounts to members on some BMW supplies.

Curious what kind of mileage the computer is telling you guys you get.

I give up...What does PARSIFL mean?

-ran
  • #noname#noname Member Posts: 58
  • #noname#noname Member Posts: 58
    Sorry, may have hit enter instead of tab so I may get a double post. Anyway, I'm Jeff and I was on the old 3er conv. site too and got my car right as the board went down for whatever reason. It's good to see everyone is still around(I was missing Randee's expressive post, very eloquent). I've got a Titanium/Tanin/Black 330Cic SP CWP PP, HK, CD, Changer, Xenons, and like everyone else I find myself having to be pulled away at the end of a drive and walking away with my head turned back until "Heimleich" is out of sight. Below is a link to my pics for anyone that wants to see it.

See my photos of Jeff's BMW 330Cic at PhotoPoint
    PARSIFAL was the last opera composed by Richard Wagner. It is played every year in the theatre he built in Bayreuth near Nuremberg.There is an 8 year waiting list for tickets.
    One of the many nice things about Bayreuth is that 50% or more of the taxis are BMWs-mainly 5 series, all painted in a soft creamy beige. Beats riding in the back of a dinged-up Lumina in Chicago!
    The roads around Bayreuth are the hilly twisties-but I had a rented Mercedes C class when I was last there-not quite the right tool for the job.
  • beamin2beamin2 Member Posts: 5
    It is my hypothesis that the miles per gallon' calculation done by the computer is a little off. Its usually significantly different that the "trip set miles divided by gas put in" manual calculation.

Not that it changes anything. I love driving the '00 328i... just wish I had taken the option to pick it up in Germany!
  • ddm3ddm3 Member Posts: 5
    Had to cut short my more-than-a-month-long-top-down record today 'cause it rained all day. :-( That's OK, it's someone else's turn...Right, Julia? 92 degrees in Boston today? We didn't even hit 80! Enjoy, you deserve it! Drove through so much yuk! today I had to wash the car as soon as I got home (in the rain) before the mud dried. (Now the neighbors know I'm crazy!) BTW Julia, how is the sand interior for showing dirt and staying clean?

Hi Dan, glad to see you're still out there! Don't baby that "Black Beauty" too much; you know what they say, if you don't use it, you lose it! :-)

Randy, my OBC is saying 21.1mpg lately, but I do mostly in-town short hops and I've only got 2200 mi. on it. The best I've gotten is 29 on a 2 hr. trip. Yours sounds like its improving with the added miles or maybe you're doing more highway recently. BTW, we play our own version of the "Kia commercial" at our house too (our favorite)! Of course, I get to play "Frank" and say, "It iiiiiis, iiiiisn't it? (Just can't believe it's really mine!)

Ooh, I'd better hurry, only a few minutes 'til the Survivor finale... (What was that about gripping?) ;o)
    Ask how the sand interior is after she's driven with the top down for a month or so. The gray gets dirty but you wouldn't notice it until you clean it if that makes sense. Lexol to the rescue! Now that my top is down 90% of the time the car is losing that new car fresh leather smell. On a really hot day it kinda smells like a cow! (not that I go around smelling cows :-).

Julia--you mentioned in an email the possibility of hanging fuzzy dice on your mirror and your husband wouldn't hear of it...well, talk about retro...yesterday my youngest son who is almost 17 mentioned that a pair of dice hanging in the window would be pretty funny and pretty cool and he's definitely not the type who would think dice hanging in a window is cool. (Some cute rich girl at school must have em hanging in her bimmer she got for getting straight A's. :-)

My OBC is about the same as yours Donna and I do a mixture of freeway miles along with back roads. Hardly any rush hour stuff.

Drove by the local BMW lot a week ago and was shocked at how many convertibles were out there. New ones. Wonder if it's just in the silcon valley or if all the places have a surplus. My kids are now begging me to order the M3 convertible swearing they'll support me in my old age if I become a bag lady. Hmmm.
    Yes, I had been having some subconscious thoughts of lexol...not quite dirty yet, but you can tell it's not brand spanking new looking anymore, and Donna, I cringe each time a bus lets out a big one as it goes by! I will be sad when the new leather smell dissipates. I can't imagine that lexol smells very good. Better yet--I noticed tree pollen on the hood today...so, guess what is getting unwrapped tonight to air out...yes, the infamous C.D....
    Ran, that is so funny about your son and the dice!! I've given up the thought. I'm doing the plain-is-better thing.
  • kashcheikashchei Member Posts: 4
    I found a 1995 318ti hatch back at a local used car dealership (not a BMW dealer). It has 97K miles and they're asking $9,995 for it. I gave it the physical inspection and everything seemed fine. It even checked out at carfax.com. I'm a first time buyer and I don't know what else I should really look out for. Does this seem like it would be good buy???

kashchei@prodigy. net
  • skatzenskatzen Member Posts: 2
    I just (2 days ago) purchased a 525iT (wagon) with automatic, premium package, convenience package, cold weather package, in-dash cd, and 6-cd changer.

I was surprised to learn on the drive home that the rear-view mirror is not autodimming. With all the awesome features of this vehicle, you'd think they'd throw that in as well. My '98 chrysler minivan had that, after all! Of course, this is a minor complaint. This is one awesome car! Before this week I didn't know driving could be so enjoyable!
  • JingleJillJingleJill Member Posts: 120
    Hey there. I have been following the 3-series discussions for some time and figured I should introduce myself.

I am the proud owner of a 2001 330i, Titanium Silver, black ett, 5-spd with minimal options (moonroof, xenons, and CD player). I absolutely love the car. I purchased the car at the end of August '00 and have 13k trouble free miles. It still puts a smile on my face every time I look at it.

Stacy
  • morenikemorenike Member Posts: 12
    Mandi here. Glad to make your acquaintance. Some I know already

Black/sand/Black
    98 323IC
    SP/PP
    My daughters Tercel got totalled and I got $6K from the insurance settlement. After days of searching the internet I decided on an '86 528e. I had never driven a BMW. I was still driving my trusty '90 Toyota Cressida and, after driving the Bimmer to work for a couple days decided I WAS NOT going to give it up to my daughter. Since our Cressida was due to be "retired" to backup duty my wife suggested I get my own Bimmer. I love my wife!!!!
  • jeffxjetjeffxjet Member Posts: 8
    Hi Stacy, what part of TX are you from? I'm from Dallas and a bunch(30-40) of us are getting together a mini Bimmerfest in the near future. If you in the area you should try to be there.

Bornagain- It's nice that your wife was so thoughtful of you. When I went to get my car I was looking for a coupe and my wife said the only way I could get it was if I got a convertible, ain't it grand.

Well it was raining in Dallas today and I got my first chance with the rain sensing wipers. I thought at first they were kind of gimmicky but after today I'm a firm beleiver, thoise babys worked just as advertised. One word...awesome. It's nice not to have to reach for the wiper speed everytime you hit a red light.

On a side note, thanks to all in the past who suggested Vinylex and Lexol. I bought a bottle of each last nioght and tried them for the first time, again, awesome is all I can say. The interior looks new again although my newcar smell is fading fast. That's all for now.
    Jeff
  • cleobutcleobut Member Posts: 3
    Ours is 3 weeks new and still a joy to drive. It's Steel Blue with Grey, Premium Package, Convenience Package and In Dash CD Player. I installed the 6 CD trunk mounted Changer. Thanks Brian525 for tip on Eurobuyers.com. Steve was very friendly and helpful and I had the changer at my front door in 2 business days. Brian525, looked at your pictures, and really like your European Armrest/Drink Holder. Did you get that at the dealer or on the internet? Skatzen, I agree with you about the auto dimming rear view mirror. Really think BMW should have included that on 525's. Klws, I never drove the 530 with the 3.0 engine, but I also feel the 2.5 is very responsive and has a smooth power curve. Still breaking in the car and have kept the engine RPM under 4000. After break-in, we'll have a whole new driving experience. Also, really like the smooth shifting Automatic Transmission.
  • robert111robert111 Member Posts: 11
    I noticed in cleobut's post above that he asked the following question:

"Brian525, looked at your pictures, and really like your European Armrest/Drink Holder. Did you get that at the dealer or on the internet?"

I also liked it and want to know where to get one. Also, was it hard to install? Thanks, Brian
This discussion has been closed.