Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW Owners Meet the Members

Comments

• inukeu2's story and mine just keep getting more similar by the post. I'm in Michigan, and neither of the dealers in my area had a manual 525 in stock (nor did they for almost all of the 4 months that I shopped). They eventually both found one (actually the same one) on the dock with the options that I was looking. That was the last day of May. I was about to put my deposit down at one dealership (on a price that was $800 above invoice), when the other dealership beat that price (about $1000 below invoice). When I signed the papers in the first week of June, we hadn't learned about the factory to dealer rebates. I found out about it on the day that I took delivery. Nonetheless, I was satisfied with the price, and I wasn't willing to kibosh the whole deal at 8:30 pm when I was taking delivery. For me, it just wasn't worth it to try to sqeeze another grand out of it after the financing and sales papers were signed. Remember, the 525 rebate is only $3500, not $4500. I had negotiated with dealerships as far away as Fla and Mass, and had just missed out on another car by doing some last minute negotiating. I wasn't willing to lose this car.

In the end, I got the car that I wanted for a price better than I expected. Had I waited another week, I may have gotten a better price or I may have lost the car. But I'm lovin' my 5er and not regretting anything (except the fact that I couldn't afford a 530!).

I got the car from Erhard BMW. Very good sales experience. Good luck.
  • drdwdrdw Posts: 21
    The website mentions 1k rebate for 5 series, "As a BMW Car Club Member, you MAY BE eligible to receive the following allowance based on the purchase or lease of a new or Certified Pre-Owned BMW through an authorized BMW center."

Does anyone know the details or got the rebate? How does it work?
    Thanks!
  • riezriez Posts: 2,361
    drdw... You have to be a member on record for MORE than 1 year. So if you are currently not a member and join today, you'd have to wait 12 months before being eligible.

There are different amounts for various new cars (e.g., $500 3 Series, $1,000 5 Series) and $500 for all CPO cars.
  • New to the community. I own a 2002 sterling gray 3.0i manual which runs like a charm and live in Odenton, MD. Already upgraded to Dinan cold air package, strut brace and R/D sway bars and it's a night and day difference. Does anyone have any comments/experience with exhausts? Considering a Remus Sports exhaust over a Super Sprint.
  • It's almost time for me to replace the Michelin's on my 2001 Z3 (28,000 miles). Any suggestions? I'm in Arizona so snow is not a factor. So far I am favoring the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3.
  • My name is Bruce. I have a 2000 z3 2.8, topaz blue/tan top/black + blue upholstery, with sports package/luxury package/chromeline. Daily driver in the summer, stored in the winter. The car is basically stock, but I've done the Dinan Stage 1 ECU upgrade, added a Dinan strut brace (a MUST if you plan to keep the car, IMHO), and just retired the OEM tires for Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position SO3s, which are awesome. I just adore this car... even after five seasons, every morning is a grin and I still sneak a look back at it after I park it. Nice to meet you all!
  • I have just bought a used '01 Z3 2.5 silver, with red and black leather(certified). Only 9000 miles. She's beautiful, just looking at her makes me smile........well, you all know what I mean! I know a few of you live in places that have real winters, so do I. Any advice on how to keep the plastic (the only thing I don't like about my baby) rear window "unfogged"? As I will be driving her year round, any advice on how to treat the rag top? Any advice or stories would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Theresa
  • krish5krish5 Posts: 2
    Is the reward transferable? For example, if my friend is a member for more than a year, can he transfer the reward to me? I'm new to BMW, can you tell me the web site which lists the reward? Thx.
  • div2div2 Posts: 2,580
    Nope, the reward is not transferable. Go to www.bmwcca.org for more information.
  • riezriez Posts: 2,361
    Become a life member. Then you'll never have to worry about the rebate issue in the future. You pay up front once and never worry about dues again. The parts discounts, rebate, magazine, etc. more than pay for it.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,014

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• derrick080derrick080 Posts: 5
    I just wanted to introduce myself as one of the luckiest men in the world. A loving wife and great country to live in. And now, the proud papa of a 2002 530IA. When I bought it, it had 28,000 miles, and is a CPO vehicle. I've had the pleasure of putting another 4,000 miles on it since the beginning of March. I've got a schedule 1 service date on Tuesday. Hopefully that will be as painless as the car has been a joy to drive.
  • mopmop Posts: 4
    I have a 2002 Z3 3.0 which I purchased from my local BMW dealer used in December 2003 with 1,740 miles (fewer than 2k!!)...It sat on the lot for about 3 months before they finally lost patience and puked it out to me just before year-end. $29k vs. their initial (silly) asking price of $36k. It has every option and was basically a new car (still smells new). Currently, the car has about 7k miles and loves to go 100+ mph on I95. Very tight and fun, I am enjoying it. One small warning flag, however: with 6k (mostly highway) miles, the yellow oil light came on one day. It needed almost 3 quarts of Mobil One! Yeowwww!! I've owned a lot of BMWs, but that was a first. Nowhere near ready for its first servicing yet, and she was nearly dry. All I can say is good thing it's a lease vehicle. I've got another 21 months and 27k miles to evaluate before I actually buy it. Otherwise, I can't wait to drive it as often as possible. My other ride is a Mercedes E320 "4-Matic" wagon...

• lojaklojak Posts: 7
    Hi my name is Charles and I live in south-western Ohio close to Cincinnati. I have 2 BMWs, '03 325i sedan and (soon to be) '05 X3 3.0i SAV. The 325i has manual, premium, nav and cold weather. The X3 has auto, premium, prvcy gls, nav and heated seats.

Unlike some reviews, I really liked the X3 interior (w/maple wood finish). And the 3.0 version drives like a dream! Can't wait to blow by someone's "sport sedan" w/my lil ol' SUV at a stop light! :D
  • Just want to say a few things: hello, I live in Granada, Spain and recently purchased a 330 Ci clubsport edition. I absolutely love it. I had planned to buy the 645 coupe but streets over here are too narrow. Luv it.

• My daughter bought a 2002 Z3 recently. For her birthday I thought I'd like to buy her a rear wind blocker, but don't know anything about them. Neither does she. I've seen ads on the www for fabric types, as well as acrylic - with and w/o side 'wings'. I'd appreciate any information as to how well various types and brands work.

Thanks in advance,

Tom
  • sharona1sharona1 Posts: 1
    Hello, I am new to this forum and currently own a '97 328i. Since my son needs a car for school, I was thinking about passing this car to him and buying another BMW. I am in the market for a ~ 3 yr old car and need some advice on the different 3 series models.
    Can anyone give me advice on the differences between the 323, 325, etc? Thank you in advance.
    Sharona1 :confuse:
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,719
    The 323i and the 325i are basically the same car.. They used the 323i designation in '99 and '00, but switched to 325i in '01... They both use the same 2.5 litre engine..

The only differences are the model year..

If you buy an '03 model, you have maintenance included for 4yr/50K from original inservice date.. If you get an '02 or older model, they only come with 3yr/36K and the maintenance plan has likely already expired.. All years come with a 4yr/50 warranty, though..

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• thriller1thriller1 Posts: 1
    Hello, I am very new to the board. Could you or any tell me where can I order a carbon fiber engine cover for the 540i series? I appreciate the help
    Well, NA found an SMG car for a story I'm writing. It turns out that the only SMG car in the Atlanta press fleet is a 645Ci Convertible. Darn the luck! :P
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,719
    It sucks to be you.. ;)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• shiposhipo Posts: 9,152
    Message from div2 to BMW-NA:

To whom it may concern:

Thank for all of your help in obtaining an SMG equipped car for me to get familiar with prior to writing my upcoming story. Your efforts are greatly appreciated and will yield a far better article.

The reason for this note is that that while the vehicle you've so generously offered to me for my research is certainly proving to a valuable asset for my article, I now find that there is yet another story that should be written as a sequel to the currently scheduled one. The title of the new piece is going to be, "Living with the SMG -- A Year of Day to Day Driving Impressions". Assuming that you agree with this premise for a follow-up story, and unless otherwise directed, I'll drop the car off in Woodcliff Lake in mid June 2006.

Kind Regards,
    div2

So, do you need any help writing said article? ;-)

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • cmybimmergocmybimmergo Posts: 265
    Maybe shipo can help you write it, but you don't really want him to edit it, do you? Maybe I can do it? Pleeeeeze???
  • mevandemevande Posts: 190
    Hello all,
    My name is Mike and I have a 1998 740i. I have owned it for 3 years (purchased a "certified" car from a BMW dealer) and the car continues to amaze me. Its a big car, yet is very athletic. Power comes on smooth and strong from the powerful 32 valve V8 engine. My 740 has been remarkably reliable and looks new. It continues to turn heads where ever I go. It has a relatively low mileage of 60K and I plan on keeping it for a long time. I ran into a gentleman who has the same year, model and color as my car at a tire shop. His 1998 740i had 160,000 miles and said his was more trouble free than any car he had owned. An awesome car all around! :shades:
    The E38 V8s are my favorite Sevens. The Sport Package cars are remarkably nimble for their size.
  • tdibobtdibob Posts: 12
    The factory warranty expires on August 24, 2005. I would like to get an extended warranty for at least another 3 years/48000 Miles. I am retired and I do not drive much. I am getting calls from three or four companies. Any advice to avoid buying a no good warranty! Thanks & Regards
    Look who is in the Spotlight! ;)

This discussion has been closed.