Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW Owners Meet the Members

Comments

• Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,023

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• derrick080derrick080 Posts: 5
    I just wanted to introduce myself as one of the luckiest men in the world. A loving wife and great country to live in. And now, the proud papa of a 2002 530IA. When I bought it, it had 28,000 miles, and is a CPO vehicle. I've had the pleasure of putting another 4,000 miles on it since the beginning of March. I've got a schedule 1 service date on Tuesday. Hopefully that will be as painless as the car has been a joy to drive.
  • mopmop Posts: 4
    I have a 2002 Z3 3.0 which I purchased from my local BMW dealer used in December 2003 with 1,740 miles (fewer than 2k!!)...It sat on the lot for about 3 months before they finally lost patience and puked it out to me just before year-end. $29k vs. their initial (silly) asking price of $36k. It has every option and was basically a new car (still smells new). Currently, the car has about 7k miles and loves to go 100+ mph on I95. Very tight and fun, I am enjoying it. One small warning flag, however: with 6k (mostly highway) miles, the yellow oil light came on one day. It needed almost 3 quarts of Mobil One! Yeowwww!! I've owned a lot of BMWs, but that was a first. Nowhere near ready for its first servicing yet, and she was nearly dry. All I can say is good thing it's a lease vehicle. I've got another 21 months and 27k miles to evaluate before I actually buy it. Otherwise, I can't wait to drive it as often as possible. My other ride is a Mercedes E320 "4-Matic" wagon...

• lojaklojak Posts: 7
    Hi my name is Charles and I live in south-western Ohio close to Cincinnati. I have 2 BMWs, '03 325i sedan and (soon to be) '05 X3 3.0i SAV. The 325i has manual, premium, nav and cold weather. The X3 has auto, premium, prvcy gls, nav and heated seats.

Unlike some reviews, I really liked the X3 interior (w/maple wood finish). And the 3.0 version drives like a dream! Can't wait to blow by someone's "sport sedan" w/my lil ol' SUV at a stop light! :D
  • Just want to say a few things: hello, I live in Granada, Spain and recently purchased a 330 Ci clubsport edition. I absolutely love it. I had planned to buy the 645 coupe but streets over here are too narrow. Luv it.
  • Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• My daughter bought a 2002 Z3 recently. For her birthday I thought I'd like to buy her a rear wind blocker, but don't know anything about them. Neither does she. I've seen ads on the www for fabric types, as well as acrylic - with and w/o side 'wings'. I'd appreciate any information as to how well various types and brands work.

Thanks in advance,

Tom
  • sharona1sharona1 Posts: 1
    Hello, I am new to this forum and currently own a '97 328i. Since my son needs a car for school, I was thinking about passing this car to him and buying another BMW. I am in the market for a ~ 3 yr old car and need some advice on the different 3 series models.
    Can anyone give me advice on the differences between the 323, 325, etc? Thank you in advance.
    Sharona1 :confuse:
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,970
    The 323i and the 325i are basically the same car.. They used the 323i designation in '99 and '00, but switched to 325i in '01... They both use the same 2.5 litre engine..

The only differences are the model year..

If you buy an '03 model, you have maintenance included for 4yr/50K from original inservice date.. If you get an '02 or older model, they only come with 3yr/36K and the maintenance plan has likely already expired.. All years come with a 4yr/50 warranty, though..

regards,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• thriller1thriller1 Posts: 1
    Hello, I am very new to the board. Could you or any tell me where can I order a carbon fiber engine cover for the 540i series? I appreciate the help
  • div2div2 Posts: 2,580
    Well, NA found an SMG car for a story I'm writing. It turns out that the only SMG car in the Atlanta press fleet is a 645Ci Convertible. Darn the luck! :P
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,970
    It sucks to be you.. ;)

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• shiposhipo Posts: 9,152
    Message from div2 to BMW-NA:

To whom it may concern:

Thank for all of your help in obtaining an SMG equipped car for me to get familiar with prior to writing my upcoming story. Your efforts are greatly appreciated and will yield a far better article.

The reason for this note is that that while the vehicle you've so generously offered to me for my research is certainly proving to a valuable asset for my article, I now find that there is yet another story that should be written as a sequel to the currently scheduled one. The title of the new piece is going to be, "Living with the SMG -- A Year of Day to Day Driving Impressions". Assuming that you agree with this premise for a follow-up story, and unless otherwise directed, I'll drop the car off in Woodcliff Lake in mid June 2006.

Kind Regards,
    div2

So, do you need any help writing said article? ;-)

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • cmybimmergocmybimmergo Posts: 265
    Maybe shipo can help you write it, but you don't really want him to edit it, do you? Maybe I can do it? Pleeeeeze???
  • mevandemevande Posts: 190
    Hello all,
    My name is Mike and I have a 1998 740i. I have owned it for 3 years (purchased a "certified" car from a BMW dealer) and the car continues to amaze me. Its a big car, yet is very athletic. Power comes on smooth and strong from the powerful 32 valve V8 engine. My 740 has been remarkably reliable and looks new. It continues to turn heads where ever I go. It has a relatively low mileage of 60K and I plan on keeping it for a long time. I ran into a gentleman who has the same year, model and color as my car at a tire shop. His 1998 740i had 160,000 miles and said his was more trouble free than any car he had owned. An awesome car all around! :shades:
  • div2div2 Posts: 2,580
    The E38 V8s are my favorite Sevens. The Sport Package cars are remarkably nimble for their size.
  • tdibobtdibob Posts: 12
    The factory warranty expires on August 24, 2005. I would like to get an extended warranty for at least another 3 years/48000 Miles. I am retired and I do not drive much. I am getting calls from three or four companies. Any advice to avoid buying a no good warranty! Thanks & Regards
    Look who is in the Spotlight! ;)

This discussion has been closed.