Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW Owners Meet the Members

Comments

• pryan2pryan2 Posts: 5
    Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I have a 325 bright red,tan leather with step. pp. and cd in dash. I have the car about 3 weeks. Nothing I have ever driven, drives like this car.
  • dave330idave330i Posts: 893
    Wanted to introduce myself. I've got a 330i, Titanium Silver, 5-spd (why is it only 5-spd?), Black interior, PP, & SP. Had it since March, put 6,000 miles on it, and love every minute of it. Just wish I was a better driver to take full advantage of it.
  • cstarke1cstarke1 Posts: 5
    My name is Tina, I live in NJ, and after 12,000, wind-tousled miles, I'm still in love with my Topaz Blue '00 2.3. It never fails to draw looks (mostly admiring) and going home, top down on a nice day is a great way to forget the office!
  • I have the same car as Tina, Y2K 2.3, Blue Topaz with the Blue Topaz leather seats.
    I bought it in February of 2000 after selling dot.com stock. All my friends said to lease it and let my money ride. Fortunately I paid cash and am definitely enjoying the ride.

I still gave back alot of money to the stock market, but I'm thankful to have walked away with my Z3.

Years ago I had a use Alfa Romeo Spyder Veloce, which was fun, but ratled and dripped oil everywhere. The Z3 is so tight and not one problem as of yet.
  • shap1shap1 Posts: 77
    Got a steel blue 325i/sand 'ette/step/cd. Had the car three weeks-330 miles so far. The car is awesome. Coming from a Volvo V70, this thing flies.

I was so close to getting an SUV (kid schlepper). Drove the Bimmer on a whim. Was immediately hooked. Drove off with the car the next day (apologies to those who are still waiting).
  • cstarke1cstarke1 Posts: 5
    You got blue leather seats?
  • My wife and I purchased our 2000 Estoril blue M roadster Dec of 00'. We have really enjoyed the car and we had a blast at the BMW "homecoming" in SC. We look forward to returning this year. If anyone has any questions about this wonderful car, feel free to email me.

david
    2000 M Roadster
    1991 Galant VR4
    1971 340 Dart Swinger
  • krodrenkrodren Posts: 31
    I finally decided on a '01 topaz/tan/tan 3.0 in 11/00, after looking at TT, C-5, Boxster. Am totally happy with my decision. Wish I could get to Homecoming but may try to do a driving school there sometime with my son.
  • haspelbeinhaspelbein Posts: 227
    I have a '97 1.9L which I bought used (sorry, certified pre-owned) in February. It's basically my toy, and my reward for moving out to California. So far, I've been enjoying it greatly.

It must have been the peer pressure at work, but my office mate bought pretty much the identical car. ('98 2.8 Atlanta Blue)
  • indrejuindreju Posts: 1
    Last month I finally received my 2001 325i from the dealer. Unfortunately, it also had to be one of the ones with the recall on the fan/thermostat. :(

Should get it back today/tomorrow.
  • lm_lm_ Posts: 2
    Mine's a jet black 2.8, black interior and black top. Bought mine in April of 2000. Like steverisity, sold some tech stock and feel elated every time I think about what I got from my stock and every time I look at my car! I am so glad I did it!

I've got just a bit over 9,000 miles now and have loved every one of them.

It's funny, sometimes I think I'm totally used to my car and I forget the awe I felt the first time I saw it, until I'm approaching it in a parking lot... then I think the same thing all over again. What a sexy, amazing looking car!

My friends tell me that I'm still driving with a smile on my face (when they see me on the road) ... of course I am! :)
  • dave222dave222 Posts: 3
    SCOTHCAL IS A CLEAR URATHANE FILM 3 MILS THICK.
    YOU APPLY IT TO A CLEAN SURFACE AND IT PROVIDE AN
    NEARLY INVISIBLE COATING TO THE PAINTS SURFACE.
    I COVERED THE LEADING EDGE OF MY HOOD AND FENDERS
    ALSO THOSE COOL HEADLINES, IT IS SUPPOSE TO LAST
    3/4 YEARS WITHOUT YELLOWING,FADING,OR DAMAGE TO PAINT. SO FAR IT STAYS DOWN GREAT BARELY NOTICEABLE
    AND MAKES ME FEEL LIKE THE CAR AND LITES WILL LOOK
    NEW IN 4 YEARS. TRY INTERNET SEARCH SCOTHCAL YOU SHOULD FIND
    BUNCH OF SITES. I AM SURPRISED BMW DOESN'T OFFER IT AS ORIGINAL
    EQUIPMENT. MOST ALL PEOPLE WOULD BUY IT. HOLD IT MAYBE I SHOULD
    CALL THEM.COULD BE A NEW SUPPLIER FOR BMW

DAVE
  • dabimmerdabimmer Posts: 165
    Dave, thanks so much! I had waited for probably a week for this response . So glad you did,
    I'll check it out and thanks again for the info.
  • I have 2001 3.0 T. Silver with red seats/black trim interior and black top. I bought it back in Feb and I've driven about 8500 miles so far. (What can I say.. I live in PA and my girlfriend is in NC)Some minor electrical problems but nothing major so far and the loaner cars are great! It also helps me to keep the mileage lower than what it should have been. :-)
  • vincent7vincent7 Posts: 10
    Have silver metallic with black leather. Bought the car in February. I now have 2,200 miles on it. I have two other cars.
  • brave1heartbrave1heart Posts: 2,698
    Hey, I don't recall "nude pics of Britney Spears" being part of the deal. I suspect you might have had a little too much of the first part of the deal (cheap grog) the night when we discussed it. I think we threw in some free cigarettes hand-rolled by the bushmen and lots of entertainment. So far, we've only delivered on the entertainment part but what a delivery, eh? Look for the grog and cigarettes in the mail but be patient and don't keep your hopes too high ;o)
  • krodrenkrodren Posts: 31
    Where in Pa are you? Only ask b/c my dealer (Devon Hill, Devon, PA) I don't think offers loaners (I know, I can't believe it either). But I love the 3.0i.
  • fcarbonefcarbone Posts: 1
    I bought my Topaz/Tan/Tan 2000 2.3 Z in April. It was my "reward" for hitting my income goal 6 months straight. It took me almost 10 years to hit that goal, so the car is real special to me. Plus it's a blast to drive. I want to know if anyone has done any modifications to improve performance.
  • macodeamacodea Posts: 1
    Hi, I recently just bought a new 2001 BMW 525i. I was also thinking about buying a 530. Has anyone driven both?If you have please tell me what you thought about the two!Thanks
  • I live in Conshohocken and I work in Malvern (Great Valley corporate center) so I know Devon Hill. I can't believe they don't offer loaners... I though pretty much all luxury brands (lexus, BMW, Merc etc. offer loanders now days...) I bough mine from Don Rosen BMW. Past Wednesday, I had to get my bad alarm sensor replaced and they gave me 528 sedan for the day.
This discussion has been closed.