Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Ford Fusion Lease Questions

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,899
edited July 7 in Ford
Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Ford Fusion leasing questions.
Here you can find and discuss all the latest lease details for the Ford Fusion, including cap costs, money factors, residual values, acquisition fees, etc. Please post any leasing questions you have or any details you’d like to share about your own lease deals.
You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on our 2014 Ford Fusion page.
If you have already leased, we invite you to review your vehicle by starting on the following page: http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/consumer-ratings-reviews.html

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• brit67brit67 Posts: 12

Can you give the MF and residual for 2014 Fusion Titanium front drive for 36 months 12K miles. Any lease cash deals available? Also same information for 2014 Fusion SE front drive.

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,393

@brit67 said: Can you give the MF and residual for 2014 Fusion Titanium front drive for 36 months 12K miles. Any lease cash deals available? Also same information for 2014 Fusion SE front drive.

0.25% and $750 lease cash for both.

SE residual is 56%. Add 1% for titanium.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• dmaz481dmaz481 Posts: 34
    edited May 5

If i was to take zero interest their is a disclaimer that says that i will have to pay $16.75 per thousand "Ford Credit financing. 0% APR financing for 60 months at $16.67 per month per $1,000 financed regardless of down payment"

What does that mean? How much is it? and how does it affect my monthly bill?

@dmaz481 said: If i was to take zero interest their is a disclaimer that says that i will have to pay $16.75 per thousand "Ford Credit financing. 0% APR financing for 60 months at $16.67 per month per $1,000 financed regardless of down payment"

What does that mean? How much is it? and how does it affect my monthly bill?

What it means is that when you borrow money at 0% interest for 5 years, for every $1000 you borrow you will pay back $16.67 each month.

It's an easy way to calculate your payment .. if you borrow $20,000, you multiply the number of thousands (20) by the $16.67 to get your monthly payment ($333.33).

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

so am i paying 16.67 additional per month or would i take that 333.33 and divide it by the length of the loan, 60 months so that it would only be 5.55 per month in addition to the payment?

@dmaz481 said: so am i paying 16.67 additional per month or would i take that 333.33 and divide it by the length of the loan, 60 months so that it would only be 5.55 per month in addition to the payment?

No - it is not in addition, it is the payment.

im confused sorry lol can u explain it to me better say my montlhy payment is 270.. at zero interest. How much more is it with zero financing. Is it 16.76 additional to the 270?

got a coupon in the mail today from ford for 750 Private cash and can be used with public offers! Wonder if the dealer will give me a hard time about this lol

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,837

@dmaz481 said: im confused sorry lol can u explain it to me better say my montlhy payment is 270.. at zero interest. How much more is it with zero financing. Is it 16.76 additional to the 270?

$20K divided by 60 months = 333.33 (which is the same as $16.67 X 20)

If the car is $18K for 60 months, then the payment is $300/mo. (16.67 X 18)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Im sorry i still dont understand. Is this going to be added to my payment. Is it a true zero percent i dont under stand how much i am paying compared to a regular finance charge.

No.. it's ZERO percent... .there is no finance charge...

Take the amount financed and divide it by the length of the loan for your payment. If the rest of it confuses you, disregard it.

well guess i am not getting that deal. I was hesitant and wanted to weigh my options before just jumping into a 3 year agreement or purchase. Then i decided to do it and told the dealer i would accept.. They said I could come in and they would have to look the deal over again. I told them I would not accept any deal different than what they told me 2 weeks ago. Now He said they sold the car, which they didn't, its still on their web site and I called and spoke to someone else and they said it was still available. He said he would have to get me into a different vehicle, and he is taking his time in getting back to me, and I feel like i am hounding him! I'm not going to do that, it should be the other way around.

• snu2snu2 Posts: 10

Hello, first time leasing a car and I have some questions to make sure I'm getting a good deal. I'd like to get a Ford Fusion SE with the driver assist option. However, when I look at the inventory of my local dealers online it doesn't appear they have any with this option.

How does one proceed in this case? In other words does the dealer have an obligation to work for me and get the car I want on the lot? If they do, can I still get a good deal by negotiating the price of the car?

@snu2 said: Hello, first time leasing a car and I have some questions to make sure I'm getting a good deal. I'd like to get a Ford Fusion SE with the driver assist option. However, when I look at the inventory of my local dealers online it doesn't appear they have any with this option.

How does one proceed in this case? In other words does the dealer have an obligation to work for me and get the car I want on the lot? If they do, can I still get a good deal by negotiating the price of the car?

I would check the inventory of other local Ford dealers to see if there is a car that more closely matches what you want.

The dealer doesn't have an 'obligation', but if they want to sell (or lease) you a car, they should be willing to work with you.

That's just the thing though - I can't seem to find a dealer that has cars with the driver assist option within a 100 mile radius.

Is this option just a regional thing? Maybe there's just no market for it in the southwest...

@snu2 said: That's just the thing though - I can't seem to find a dealer that has cars with the driver assist option within a 100 mile radius.

Is this option just a regional thing? Maybe there's just no market for it in the southwest...

You might try reaching out to Ford Corporate customer assistance and see if they can help you.

Thanks. Turns out my dealer will try to do an exchange with other dealers within an 800 mile radius and it looks like there are some offerings out there.

Another question I have is where can I find more information about what rebates I can get for the Ford Fusion SE? So far it looks like most dealers are offering $2000 in rebates and $500-1500 in "FMC Cash." I'm not sure what that second one is and why it has a range of values...

@snu2 said: Thanks. Turns out my dealer will try to do an exchange with other dealers within an 800 mile radius and it looks like there are some offerings out there.

Another question I have is where can I find more information about what rebates I can get for the Ford Fusion SE? So far it looks like most dealers are offering $2000 in rebates and $500-1500 in "FMC Cash." I'm not sure what that second one is and why it has a range of values...

FMC is Ford Motor Credit, and the range is probably for different models or trim levels of the same model.

So I spoke with my dealer and they told me they can do a dealership exchange, but that they won't offer any dealership discount above and beyond the rebates. Is this normal practice or am I being swindled here?

Also do you have the current residual value and money factor for Ford Fusion SE, 36 months, 15k miles?

@snu2 said: So I spoke with my dealer and they told me they can do a dealership exchange, but that they won't offer any dealership discount above and beyond the rebates. Is this normal practice or am I being swindled here?

I wouldn't call it swindled, as they've informed you before the fact. But, I sure wouldn't do that deal.

@snu2 said: Also do you have the current residual value and money factor for Ford Fusion SE, 36 months, 15k miles?

0.25% APR and 54% residual.

Thanks. Just curious if the money factor is determined based on region? The dealers I have spoken with have all quoted 54% residual but 0.5% APR. That's here in Texas.

• brianbbbrianbb Posts: 9

Hello, I'm looking for the money factor and residual on fusion titanium hybrid. Also, how much is the acquisition fee? Thanks- Brian

@snu2 said: Thanks. Just curious if the money factor is determined based on region? The dealers I have spoken with have all quoted 54% residual but 0.5% APR. That's here in Texas.

The numbers I have indicate that the numbers are national, but regional differences wouldn't surprise me. If every dealer quotes the same number, then it's likely to be accurate. Fortunately, the difference between 0.25% and 0.50% is very small, when it comes to actual monthly payments.

@brianbb said: Hello, I'm looking for the money factor and residual on fusion titanium hybrid. Also, how much is the acquisition fee? Thanks- Brian

3.75% APR and 58% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr.

I don't have acquisition fee info for Ford.

Thanks for all your help!

I have one more question. With many of the 2014 Ford Fusion SEs I'm looking at, the window sticker shows a base price of $23,855. However, Edmunds and KBB (and even Ford itself) show the base price is $23,935. Any idea why there's a difference here? The price of all the other options is the same as what Edmunds and KBB are reporting. I'm trying to figure out the invoice price for the base price of $23,855.

Probably just a mid-year price increase.. $80 difference? Just subtract $70 from Edmunds invoice number, and you'll be within a couple of dollars.

Ok that makes sense.

When I'm applying for credit, is it better to apply at the dealership or go through Ford Credit online? Is there even any difference at all (besides the obvious that going through Ford Credit will prevent multiple credit checks from multiple dealers)?

@snu2 said: Ok that makes sense.

When I'm applying for credit, is it better to apply at the dealership or go through Ford Credit online? Is there even any difference at all (besides the obvious that going through Ford Credit will prevent multiple credit checks from multiple dealers)?

The one advantage with applying on-line is that you'll know what you've qualified for before talking to a salesman.