Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Ford Focus Lease Questions

2»

Comments

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 5,654

@pharrower said: Thanks Michaell,

big delta there. Given the rate differential, can you also share the residual for a 36 month term, 10,500/year? Thanks a lot for all of your help.

The residual drops to 41% (!)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• pharrowerpharrower Posts: 7

@Michaell said: The residual drops to 41% (!)

thanks a lot. really appreciate your help. will post my deal if I move forward with this.

• bconway7bconway7 Posts: 2

Could I get the current residual and money factor for a 24 and 36mo lease for a Focus ST with 10.5k miles/yr? I am in Phoenix, Arizona. Thanks!

@bconway7 said: Could I get the current residual and money factor for a 24 and 36mo lease for a Focus ST with 10.5k miles/yr? I am in Phoenix, Arizona. Thanks!

24/10.5 - 55% and .25% MF

36/10.5 - 47% and .50% MF

$1000 lease cash.

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

@Michaell said: 24/10.5 - 55% and .25% MF 36/10.5 - 47% and .50% MF

Michaell, did the residuals improve dramatically in August vs July? When I asked about the 24/10.5K lease I believe you told me the residual was 50%, from above looks like it increased 5%. Can you confirm?

Also, I know you mentioned the MF was region specific. Does it still equate to approx 4% in Georgia?

Thanks.

@pharrower said: Michaell, did the residuals improve dramatically in August vs July? When I asked about the 24/10.5K lease I believe you told me the residual was 50%, from above looks like it increased 5%. Can you confirm?

The numbers from Ford are only updated quarterly - the latest numbers were released in July and are valid until the end of September.

Also, I know you mentioned the MF was region specific. Does it still equate to approx 4% in Georgia?

No, Ford uses percentages as MF .. to convert to a traditional MF, divide the percentage by 2400. The MFs are indeed .50% for 36 months (.00021) and .25% for 24 months (.0001)

@Michaell said: No, Ford uses percentages as MF .. to convert to a traditional MF, divide the percentage by 2400. The MFs are indeed .50% for 36 months (.00021) and .25% for 24 months (.0001)

Hi Michaell, apologies, I misread the message posted after mine. That person was asking about the Focus ST, I thought he had asked about the Focus Electric.

Just one last question on the Focus Electric. In our original messages you had said the MF on the Focus Electric was region specific. At that time, you had shared that the MF for Georgia was .001667 or equivalent to 4%.

Just want to confirm that is in still the case and not the .0001 you refer to above.

Thanks a lot.

@pharrower said: Just one last question on the Focus Electric. In our original messages you had said the MF on the Focus Electric was region specific. At that time, you had shared that the MF for Georgia was .001667 or equivalent to 4%.

Just want to confirm that is in still the case and not the .0001 you refer to above.

24 month MF on the Focus Electric in GA is indeed 4.00%. 36 month MF drops down to .25%. $11,750 lease cash available this quarter.

@Michaell said: 24 month MF on the Focus Electric in GA is indeed 4.00%. 36 month MF drops down to .25%. $11,750 lease cash available this quarter.

Thanks Michaell. Really appreciate your assistance.

• js1967js1967 Posts: 1

Hi I'm looking for the money factor and residual for a focus titanium mrsp is 26,000. I've got it down to 22,883. 36 month lease with 12k miles in toledo, Ohio. Thanks for any info

@js1967 said: Hi I'm looking for the money factor and residual for a focus titanium mrsp is 26,000. I've got it down to 22,883. 36 month lease with 12k miles in toledo, Ohio. Thanks for any info

Hatchback? 50% and .75%. $750 lease cash

Add 1% for the sedan

• tla1970tla1970 Posts: 3

Hello Wondering the MF and residual on Focus ST in Florida. 12k miles a yr Also, curious what people have paid on a lease on these.

Thank you

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,179

@tla1970 said: Hello Wondering the MF and residual on Focus ST in Florida. 12k miles a yr Also, curious what people have paid on a lease on these.

Thank you

0.75% APR and 46% residual on 36mo, 12K/yr. $750 lease cash.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• tla1970tla1970 Posts: 3

Can I also please get the MF and residual on the Focus Titanium wagon/hatchback..12/36 again in Florida. Do you know if Florida is one of those states that you have to pay the sales tax all up front or just on the monthly payment? I have received a few prices by email from dealers and they have the full sales tax listed as part of the overall price. I only thought IL and NJ were those states. Thank you!

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,179
    edited September 3

@tla1970 said: Can I also please get the MF and residual on the Focus Titanium wagon/hatchback..12/36 again in Florida. Do you know if Florida is one of those states that you have to pay the sales tax all up front or just on the monthly payment? I have received a few prices by email from dealers and they have the full sales tax listed as part of the overall price. I only thought IL and NJ were those states. Thank you!

0.75% APR and 50% residual. $750 lease cash.

Unless it's changed recently, Florida taxes the monthly payment. Of course, any cap reduction paid upfront will be taxed upfront.

There are quite a few states that collect upfront, and at least a handful that charge tax on the full selling price (IL, TX, MD, GA, to name a few)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Michaell,

Apologies if this is a repeat, but I'd just like to confirm. Can you please (re)post the MF and residual for September, in GA, for a 2 yr, 12K lease on the 2014 Focus Electric? Also, can you please confirm the lease cash? Finally, do you know whether this lease cash includes the Federal $7500 tax credit, or would that be added to the leash cash to determine the negotiated cost of the vehicle? Thanks so much!

demaximis

@demaximis said: Michaell,

Apologies if this is a repeat, but I'd just like to confirm. Can you please (re)post the MF and residual for September, in GA, for a 2 yr, 12K lease on the 2014 Focus Electric? Also, can you please confirm the lease cash? Finally, do you know whether this lease cash includes the Federal $7500 tax credit, or would that be added to the leash cash to determine the negotiated cost of the vehicle? Thanks so much!

demaximis

4.00% MF (ouch - 36 month is .25%) and $11750 lease cash, which I believe includes the $7500 tax credit.

Residual is 49% for 24/12 and 40% for 36/12.

Don't forget about the ad valorem tax in GA - you'll pay it on the entire selling price of the vehicle at the beginning of the lease, or roll it into the selling price.

• MF and residual for a Focus SE hatchback at 10.5K and 24/36 terms in Boston, MA area? Thanks.
    whoweare2 said:

MF and residual for a Focus SE hatchback at 10.5K and 24/36 terms in Boston, MA area? Thanks.

24/10.5 - .25% MF and 62% residual

36/10.5 - .25% MF and 53% residual

$1250 lease cash.

2»