Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2001 Yukon

aredmond1aredmond1 Member Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in GMC
I have recently purchased a 2001, GMC, Yukon XL. Generally I am pleased with the vehicle. However, there are two features that I do not like and do not want:

1. The daylight driving lights.
2. The automatic headlights feature.

I would like to know if there is any way to disable these features? Without being an electronic expert.

Comments

• ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    Read the manual about the DRL's

YOu can disable them (at least in my 2000 silverado) by pushing the dome override button (to the left of the steerring wheel) 4 times continuosly. YOu should hear a chime and they will go off

How come you want the drls off? You cant see them while driving.

I have no idea about the auto headlights. I kinda like that feature except sometimes they are on in the morning when it is pretty bright out and there is no need for them. Might be a fuse you could pull?

Hope this helped

Ryan
  • jgmilbergjgmilberg Member Posts: 872
    I have the same truck- 2001 3/4 ton Yukon XL

You disable both with the dome override trick discribed above.

One other thing you can do is pull the bulbs out of the DRL sockets, they are all alone and do not have anything to do with your headlights, or highbeams.

Only problem to the dome override trick is that you have to do it every time you cycle the ignition switch.
This discussion has been closed.