Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    mrcoolcatmrcoolcat Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2014
    stever said:

If you go to the Price Promise link up top, you can drill down to an MDX in your zip code and get a "real" dealer quote.

And you can look for the Build and Price link and get invoice, MSRP and our True Market Value number. Usually our Price Promise certificates are equal to or lower than TMV, but it's good to check. Your goal should be to meet or beat TMV since that's the average price paid in your area.

Thanks stever. I'll try that. I'll keep watching the price and see if I can get a decent price before New Year.

BTW, any comment on whether the vehicle comes with tinting?
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited December 2014
    Dunno, most SUVs and minivans come with tinted rear/back windows now. Even my "Michigan" minivan is pretty dark, other than the windshield and front passenger windows.

The aftermarket tint outfits will tell you that the rear factory tints are only for privacy and don't block much heat. No idea if that's just sales talk though.

Anyone?
  • Options
    alans6alans6 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, agr_tx. I am Houston too. I am also looking for MDX FWD with Tech package. Can you tell which dealer you got the offer of 46800 OTD? Thanks.
  • Options
    lawrence26lawrence26 Member Posts: 8
    Got a quote of $49,100 OTD for MDX SH-AWD with Tech Package in NYC area. Anyone else with recent quotes in the NYC tri-state area?
  • Options
    nihilsinedeonihilsinedeo Member Posts: 3
    MDX sh-awd with tech pack
    msrp 49960
    sell 46265
    res 62%
    mf 0.00120
    515 a month with 3k down

how good of a deal is this
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,315

MDX sh-awd with tech pack
    msrp 49960
    sell 46265
    res 62%
    mf 0.00120
    515 a month with 3k down

how good of a deal is this

I'm showing $517.40/mo for 36 months pre-tax with $0 down.

What state do you live in - tax obligations vary.

And, how does the $3000 get applied - I'm guessing some of it goes to the up front fees, etc. but we need to know if any of it is cap cost reduction.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    its in NY
    the 3000 includes
    tax, 8.8750% i think its about $1700
    inspection $10
    title $50
    Doc Fee $75
    tire tax $13
    bank fee $595
    first month payment $515

• Options

its in NY
    the 3000 includes
    tax, 8.8750% i think its about $1700
    inspection $10
    title $50
    Doc Fee $75
    tire tax $13
    bank fee $595
    first month payment $515

OK, so no cap cost reduction. Our numbers are pretty close, then - only $2 difference.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    so, you would say it's a good deal?
  • Options

so, you would say it's a good deal?

The only way to make it better is to negotiate a lower selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    shailyshaily Member Posts: 1
    Friends, Looking for input on the following..

1. 2015 Acura MDX FWD Tech Package - $46K out the door
    2. 2015 Acura MDX FWD Tech/entertainment package - $47,750 out the door

Do you all think this is good price and I should go for it?
  • Options
    agr_txagr_tx Member Posts: 3
    alans6 said:

Hi, agr_tx. I am Houston too. I am also looking for MDX FWD with Tech package. Can you tell which dealer you got the offer of 46800 OTD? Thanks.

Hi alans6,

Its Sterling Acura.

Thanks.
  • Options
    dcnatfandcnatfan Member Posts: 20
    Trying to negotiate a deal on a 2015 Acura MDX AWD Tech in the MD/VA area. MSRP is $49,960. Have gotten one dealer down to $48,000 OTD price (including 6% sales tax). How does this deal look?
  • Options
    lawrence26lawrence26 Member Posts: 8
    dcnatfan said:

Trying to negotiate a deal on a 2015 Acura MDX AWD Tech in the MD/VA area. MSRP is $49,960. Have gotten one dealer down to $48,000 OTD price (including 6% sales tax). How does this deal look?

That's seem like a pretty good deal, although I wonder if there will be better deals the last week of the year
  • Options
    chhablsachhablsa Member Posts: 3
    Hi All, I am getting 2015 Acura MDX AWD tech with remote start and advance running board at $49900 OTD in Columbus Ohio area (tax 6.75%). MSRP is $49960, Accessories MSRP $1100. Is it a good deal?
  • Options
    Can one explain the price difference between some of the MDX models. I know the destination charge has increased from $895 to $920. When I look at my dealers website for inventory on the 2015 MDX SH-AWD with Tech I see some with MSRP of $49,960 and others at $49,735. Can anyone explain the difference of $225? I assume $25 of it comes from the destination charge increase but can't find anything on the other $200.
  • Options
    dcnatfan said:

Can one explain the price difference between some of the MDX models. I know the destination charge has increased from $895 to $920. When I look at my dealers website for inventory on the 2015 MDX SH-AWD with Tech I see some with MSRP of $49,960 and others at $49,735. Can anyone explain the difference of $225? I assume $25 of it comes from the destination charge increase but can't find anything on the other $200.

It could be a mid-year price increase.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    manuvamanuva Member Posts: 11
    chhablsa said:

Hi All, I am getting 2015 Acura MDX AWD tech with remote start and advance running board at $49900 OTD in Columbus Ohio area (tax 6.75%). MSRP is $49960, Accessories MSRP $1100. Is it a good deal?

Its an excellent deal! Right on par or better than any reported here (based on Ohio TTL being ~$3500). Go bucks!
  • Options
    sureshsuresh Member Posts: 4
    agr_tx said:

alvem said:

agr this is in Dallas, TX Vandergriff

Thanks Alvem, I live in Houston TX. The best offer I got was 46800 OTD.
    Alvem, Would you please share the sale person name from Vandergriff acura?

• Options
    starbarkstarbark Member Posts: 4
    Just picked up AWD+Tech. 47250 OTD, in Maryland. Another dealer said they can beat this price by $500, but I have promised the first dealer that I will buy from him.
  • Options
    ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    The Maryland and Northern Virginia area seems to be very competitive at this time for the MDX. I had no problem finding dealers willing to deal. Purchased a 2015 MDX, AWD, Tech for $500 under invoice. Might have been able to do a bit better but chose to buy from a dealer I have found to be a cut above other dealers. The one in Germantown. In and out in two hours or so.
  • Options
    starbark said:

Just picked up AWD+Tech. 47250 OTD, in Maryland. Another dealer said they can beat this price by $500, but I have promised the first dealer that I will buy from him.

Does this include MD tax (6%) and registration in MD?

• Options
    ajji26ajji26 Member Posts: 3
    ken117 said:

The Maryland and Northern Virginia area seems to be very competitive at this time for the MDX. I had no problem finding dealers willing to deal. Purchased a 2015 MDX, AWD, Tech for $500 under invoice. Might have been able to do a bit better but chose to buy from a dealer I have found to be a cut above other dealers. The one in Germantown. In and out in two hours or so.

Ken,

I am looking at the same model can you let me know the price you paid
  • Options
    kirkuakirkua Member Posts: 2
    For a FWD Base Model 2015 MDX, I have been quoted a price of $41,968 before fees and taxes. Does this sound like a fair price to you? In your opinion would I be better satisfied with this or a 2013 MDX with technology package for $36,000/ 30K miles?
  • Options
    kay61kay61 Member Posts: 1
    Got a quote of $49,100 OTD for MDX SH-AWD with Tech Package in NYC area. Anyone else with recent quotes in the NYC tri-state area?

pan1234 said:
    @Steve and others on this forum>>> What do you think about the price I am paying for the trim mentioned. Hopefully I am not getting ripped.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    @kay61, you are quoting other comments and I'm not sure what you are asking. I assume you are looking for other recent buyers of a MDX SH-AWD with Tech Package in NY?

Anyone?
  • Options
    jeffbreckerjeffbrecker Member Posts: 6
    Thoughts on this offer in Chicago for 2015 Acura MDX AWD Tech $48,725.77 OTD. and 2015 MDX AWD Advance/Ent: $58,496 OTD - What are other people seeing?
  • Options
    soulrivasoulriva Member Posts: 2
    Got a quote of 60k in NY otd, awd advance/ent w/ following extras.
    led fog
    front sport bumper trim
    rear sport bumper trim
    advance running board
    rear bumper protector
    Is this a reasonable offer?
  • Options
    soulriva said:

Got a quote of 60k in NY otd, awd advance/ent w/ following extras.
    led fog
    front sport bumper trim
    rear sport bumper trim
    advance running board
    rear bumper protector
    Is this a reasonable offer?

Can you break down the numbers? An OTD number is hard to evaluate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    soulrivasoulriva Member Posts: 2
    I didn't get an itemized list of each part, but it includes sales tax, doc fees, dmv. ex. 0 down, all financed. I believe the car is being sold at invoice though.
  • Options
    soulriva said:

I didn't get an itemized list of each part, but it includes sales tax, doc fees, dmv. ex. 0 down, all financed. I believe the car is being sold at invoice though.

Still hard to comment, especially with the list of accessories included ... the dealer could be grossly overcharging for them.

And, since tax rates, DMV fees and doc fees vary from state to state, what may be a good or bad deal for you could be the opposite for someone in a diffeent state.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    I have a quote for $44,659 (incl. destination) for an SH AWD w/Tech, which is $1,441 below invoice. Is is possible to do any better?
  • Options
    newbie007newbie007 Member Posts: 20
    edited December 2014
    I got some quote for 2015 MDX. FWD Tech for $43451 incl dest ($1000 below invoice), AWD Tech for $45182 incl dest ($1100 below invoice). These are just the initial quotes so I am expecting to do better esp for end of year.
  • Options
    newbie007newbie007 Member Posts: 20
    I don't think this pricing is anything to be excited about. You should be able to get below invoice without any problem.
    kirkua said:

For a FWD Base Model 2015 MDX, I have been quoted a price of $41,968 before fees and taxes. Does this sound like a fair price to you? In your opinion would I be better satisfied with this or a 2013 MDX with technology package for $36,000/ 30K miles?

• Options
    ejwuejwu Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a silver 2015 MDX AWD with tech package in SF bay area. OTD was $50192. Tax was around $4000. I tried several dealers but this was as low as I could get.
  • Options
    changrexchangrex Member Posts: 1
    Can you please let me know what dealer you get this quote from?
    newbie007 said:

I got some quote for 2015 MDX. FWD Tech for $43451 incl dest ($1000 below invoice), AWD Tech for $45182 incl dest ($1100 below invoice). These are just the initial quotes so I am expecting to do better esp for end of year.

• Options
    Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    Bought a 2015 MDX ADV/ENT SH-AWD Forest Mist/Eucalypt
    Wheel locks
    LED Fog lights
    All Season Mats
    Splash guards
    Heated Steering wheel
    Body side molding
    Vin etched

tax 6.35% ~$3900
    tags $180

OTD $59.756

put $2000 on CC remainder paid in cash.

• Options
    stealzstealz Member Posts: 16

Thoughts on this offer in Chicago for 2015 Acura MDX AWD Tech $48,725.77 OTD. and 2015 MDX AWD Advance/Ent: $58,496 OTD - What are other people seeing?

Sounds like good deal. what dealership and are you in cook county suburbs for tax reasons? any extras dealer is throwing in?

I recently got a quote for awd tech/ent for 46500+ remote starter, + TTL from mcgrath of morton grove
  • Options
    melarker1126melarker1126 Member Posts: 2
    Got a quote for a 2015 MDX AWD ADV/entertainment package for $52,655 + TTL.  Drive out price of $56,600.  Is this a good price?
  • Options
    Any recent purchases in MD/VA area.
  • Options
    chhablsachhablsa Member Posts: 3
    I picked my 2015 Acura MDX AWD Tech (Cherry) with Remote start and Advance Running board. Price w/Accessories (45994.97) + Doc(250) + Tax (3121.54) + Title and Reg (33.5) = 49400.01 OTD.

Not sure how good the deal is but Dealers were bottomed out and could not get any lower than this...

Thanks All this forum was very useful...
  • Options
    stealzstealz Member Posts: 16
    chhablsa said:

I picked my 2015 Acura MDX AWD Tech (Cherry) with Remote start and Advance Running board. Price w/Accessories (45994.97) + Doc(250) + Tax (3121.54) + Title and Reg (33.5) = 49400.01 OTD.

Not sure how good the deal is but Dealers were bottomed out and could not get any lower than this...

Thanks All this forum was very useful...

awesome deal. location and dealer name please?

• Options
    yuxuanyangyuxuanyang Member Posts: 7
    I think it's a very good price. I am also in NJ can you share dealer info? Thanks a lot
    mems2100 said:

Today I have purchased 2015 MDX + SH-AWD + Tech Pack from one of dealership in NJ. And I paid $48200 as OTD price. Wheel lock + Splashed guard + all-season mat have received as free gifts from dealer. Thanks to all you guys for the helps. Maybe the price will be decreased more, but this is not a bad price, isn't it?

• Options
    orggorgg Member Posts: 1
    I live in Southern CA. I am interested in mdx technology and entertainment package. the best deal i got so far is

sale price: $45183
    doc fee: $80
    state & local taxes: $3621.05
    Total license & fees: $431.75
    Total cash price: $49315.80

Can I still negotiate the price down? is it true the best deal is NOW?
  • Options
    Assuming that Acura has bonuses and incentives for selling cars (monthly, quarterly and/or annually), then the week between Christmas and New Years is the best time for a great deal.

If you dealer has already met "quota" then they may not be quite as willing to deal.

True Market Value for a Beverly Hills zip code is $46,931 (including destination of $895). There's also an ad fee in that area of $300 that you may be able to complain about, if it's listed as a line item on your quote.

Invoice with those fees is $46,375 so you're doing fine as it is. Good luck!
  • Options
    wazzup1wazzup1 Member Posts: 2
    ejwu said:

Just bought a silver 2015 MDX AWD with tech package in SF bay area. OTD was $50192. Tax was around $4000. I tried several dealers but this was as low as I could get.

Hi,

Looking for current pricing in SF Bay Area for AWD with Tech package.

Can you break up your purchase prices, were any accessories included in the $46K ?

How much below invoice to expect this time of the year ?

Appreciate all responses.

Happy Holidays !

• Options
    tds1tds1 Member Posts: 74
    Looking to buy an 2015 MDX AWD Tech before year end. Lots of good data here on price points though in Twin Cities where discounts our tough.

My question is, I would like to add Remote Start, Heated Steering and Rear parking sensor. The installed price of those 3 options at the local dealer is $2,127. What discount should I try to negotiate on those additional options? Not sure how to negotiate the pricing on the "extras". Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    ajji26ajji26 Member Posts: 3
    Can any one let me know the best OTD price for MDX AWD Tech and also MDX AWD Tech & Entertainment package in MD area or any recent purchases in this area
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    @tds1, we list invoice prices for most options (check the Build with Options link under the Make|Model dropdowns up top). When you asking for a break on the extras, you can offer invoice (or below) and work your way up. Or figure out what you'd like to pay for the car with the extras and work that "out the door" number. I'd rather wheel and deal on one final number myself.

@ajji26, the research part of our site stays active this time of year, but people are so busy with family and the holidays that posting seems to fall off a bit.

Anyone in Maryland or Northern Virginia got a deal to report?
  • Options
    Purchased a 2015 AWD w Tech on 12/24 in MD. MSRP $49,960. Paid $44,659. Got $7,000 for my 2005 Honda Pilot. Add in $300 dealer fee (they would not budge), tax. and tags. OTD was $40,402. Also got 0.9% financing for 36 months.